Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 12:40:57 AM

Author Topic: Far far away from Katy :(  (Read 562 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Far far away from Katy :(
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »
Regardless of where we live, most of us have never met Katy and probably never will. 

You're wrong. YOU gotta make it happen. YOU gotta find out when Katy will be in your area. Go to ANY events Katy is scheduled to be at and go.
I know a TON of KatyCats who met Katy (NYC, LA, Toronto and London) and they made it happen.
He didn't argue against that it happens or happened. We're talking multimillions of people, not a few hundred. There is also a difference between 'meeting Katy' and actually MEETING Katy. Squatting the pavement outside a building for ten hours, then screaming at her when she comes out of it isn't the way I want to 'meet' her. Some of us do have a life of their own, like other posters here have explained meanwhile, and we can be the most ardent Katy supporters without stalking her in the street. When I think of fans' tweets like 'omg, she's in London, I've got to go and FIND HER!' it gives me the creeps rather. I've seen some of those 'meetings' on YouTube - count me out of them! An M&G is a completely different thing, but as people have said even that shouldn't be a total priority.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
Don't be jealous, be happy for those that have :) I'm just saying that because Ive met her a few times, but because even before I  met her I was so happy for those who did/had met her. I think we should always be happy when a KatyCat gets a chance to meet her, not jealous because a member of our community, our family,  has had a chance to meet our idol. Its not easy to meet her, I find its all about commitment. First time I met it was thanks to this amazing forum, and the second time we waited 24 hours in the pouring rain, and finally met her. When I've been to shows and what not I have camped for two days straight and still not met her. But you have to commit and commit to travelling, and going those distances if you want to meet her. I used to be able to put that commitment in, but now I can't as I work full time, and have a house to run. But I know people that have flown to different countries to meet Katy. I have friends from the Netherlands that flew to meet Katy, and they did. I can't afford to be as committed as others, but my point is we should be happy for other KatyCats when they meet her, or get to go to her shows, and dont envy them. I think we are all equal and we will get our chance, we just have to patient :) No hate, just an opinion  :pinkbow:
I've never seen Katy, and still I agree with all of this. While I used to sleep outdoors when I was young I couldn't spend all day and night in the street now waiting for Katy alone for health reasons. Neither would I turn up at an arena at 9 in the morning like some apparently intend to - I've got a ticket, so what's the point? The fact that I can't really 'camp outside' anymore doesn't even necessarily mean a lack of commitment. I think things happen in ones' life as they are meant to happen, and as life goes on priorities shift. Right now I'm paying off rent arrears because I bought all those tickets, and I'm in physiotherapeutic treatment to get myself fit enough to be able to stand in the arenas for long enough when the time comes, so, I feel quite dedicated anyway. I would be overjoyed if I won or bought a meeting, but as a goal in itself, it's mostly obsessed and unhealthy.

Exactly :) I used to be committed but its not as easy now. I think if a KatyCat gets a opportunity to meet or see Katy live we should all be so so so happy for them. But I also think if you go to an event where there are loads of KatyCats waiting to meet Katy and you have met her before and they havent you should help them meet Katy. Help eachother out. One thing I'm hating about this fanbase at the moment is the selfishness that seems to have developed at Katy events. Its like we all claim to be a family one minute then as soon as Katy comes out its each for their own. Its just wrong. I used to be very committed to seeing Katy whenever she was in the UK however now I am settling down and thinking of starting a family in the next few years or so, so its not actually financial for me either. But the thing people need to remember is that if you really want it, then you have to make it happen. For example, if I wanted to go see Katy in LA I would have to save and save and save probably for over a year, but I would be determined to make it happen. Theres a reason that Katys management want her to go to the US and the UK, its because if she is successful in these places, the rest of the world will follow. This is one reason why I hate how people are making accounts or coming on here just thinking thinking if they do there will be a m&g for a show. its like its all they care about, and it drives me bloody mad! People need to appreciate just seeing Katy live, as thats an amazing thing itself. I use the forum to chat to other KatyCats and socialize and fangurl. It frustrates me that people think its all about meeting her when its not. I can't describe the feeling I got when I first saw her live, especially cuz I was unwell and couldnt go to my Hello Katy date. People need to appreciate that its not all about meeting Katy, but about being part of the community and enjoying the music.

rant over- i think i may have repeated myself a few times  :lol:

I'm pretty much the same. Hooray for growing up?! Haha.

:lol: I know, it sucks being a grown up! Don't get me wrong, where I can I will wait outside a studio for hours and hours in the rain to meet her, but I draw the line at going to her hotel or where she is travelling to. I think it is just wrong, and a total invasion of privacy.
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline ikatycat_

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »
you never know! don't give up :) you'll see her soon im sure and when you do it will be so special ♥ ♥

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
you never know! don't give up :) you'll see her soon im sure and when you do it will be so special ♥ ♥

Just save your money like mad, and it will happen :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline Carmenxox

• Ignites the Light
  • One man's trash is another man's treasure
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »
Don't be jealous, be happy for those that have :) I'm just saying that because Ive met her a few times, but because even before I  met her I was so happy for those who did/had met her. I think we should always be happy when a KatyCat gets a chance to meet her, not jealous because a member of our community, our family,  has had a chance to meet our idol. Its not easy to meet her, I find its all about commitment. First time I met it was thanks to this amazing forum, and the second time we waited 24 hours in the pouring rain, and finally met her. When I've been to shows and what not I have camped for two days straight and still not met her. But you have to commit and commit to travelling, and going those distances if you want to meet her. I used to be able to put that commitment in, but now I can't as I work full time, and have a house to run. But I know people that have flown to different countries to meet Katy. I have friends from the Netherlands that flew to meet Katy, and they did. I can't afford to be as committed as others, but my point is we should be happy for other KatyCats when they meet her, or get to go to her shows, and dont envy them. I think we are all equal and we will get our chance, we just have to patient :) No hate, just an opinion  :pinkbow:
I've never seen Katy, and still I agree with all of this. While I used to sleep outdoors when I was young I couldn't spend all day and night in the street now waiting for Katy alone for health reasons. Neither would I turn up at an arena at 9 in the morning like some apparently intend to - I've got a ticket, so what's the point? The fact that I can't really 'camp outside' anymore doesn't even necessarily mean a lack of commitment. I think things happen in ones' life as they are meant to happen, and as life goes on priorities shift. Right now I'm paying off rent arrears because I bought all those tickets, and I'm in physiotherapeutic treatment to get myself fit enough to be able to stand in the arenas for long enough when the time comes, so, I feel quite dedicated anyway. I would be overjoyed if I won or bought a meeting, but as a goal in itself, it's mostly obsessed and unhealthy.

Exactly :) I used to be committed but its not as easy now. I think if a KatyCat gets a opportunity to meet or see Katy live we should all be so so so happy for them. But I also think if you go to an event where there are loads of KatyCats waiting to meet Katy and you have met her before and they havent you should help them meet Katy. Help eachother out. One thing I'm hating about this fanbase at the moment is the selfishness that seems to have developed at Katy events. Its like we all claim to be a family one minute then as soon as Katy comes out its each for their own. Its just wrong. I used to be very committed to seeing Katy whenever she was in the UK however now I am settling down and thinking of starting a family in the next few years or so, so its not actually financial for me either. But the thing people need to remember is that if you really want it, then you have to make it happen. For example, if I wanted to go see Katy in LA I would have to save and save and save probably for over a year, but I would be determined to make it happen. Theres a reason that Katys management want her to go to the US and the UK, its because if she is successful in these places, the rest of the world will follow. This is one reason why I hate how people are making accounts or coming on here just thinking thinking if they do there will be a m&g for a show. its like its all they care about, and it drives me bloody mad! People need to appreciate just seeing Katy live, as thats an amazing thing itself. I use the forum to chat to other KatyCats and socialize and fangurl. It frustrates me that people think its all about meeting her when its not. I can't describe the feeling I got when I first saw her live, especially cuz I was unwell and couldnt go to my Hello Katy date. People need to appreciate that its not all about meeting Katy, but about being part of the community and enjoying the music.

:lol: I know, it sucks being a grown up! Don't get me wrong, where I can I will wait outside a studio for hours and hours in the rain to meet her, but I draw the line at going to her hotel or where she is travelling to. I think it is just wrong, and a total invasion of privacy.

I feel just the same! I wouldn't want to invade Katy's privacy like that personally
Sig made by me :)
Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

I feel just the same! I wouldn't want to invade Katy's privacy like that personally

I get so angry when KatyCats act proud that they met her at her hotel, I wanna scream!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline strawburrie

• Wannabe
  • I'm with katy every step of the way ♥
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »
You see, commitment for me isn't an issue. I wouldn't mind standing in the cold for hours to meet Katy, I would totally do it. But, I'm only 13, so it's not like I can travel by myself to go meet her. And that's what sucks, you know ?
But I totally agree with all of you :)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
You see, commitment for me isn't an issue. I wouldn't mind standing in the cold for hours to meet Katy, I would totally do it. But, I'm only 13, so it's not like I can travel by myself to go meet her. And that's what sucks, you know ?
But I totally agree with all of you :)

I know exactly how you feel, I was the same when I was younger. You're better off saving from now, so then when Katy next travels and you're old enough you will be able to go :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline darkangel24-7

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • My biggest dream came true on 8-23-11 <3
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »
Aw, I hope you all get to meet her someday! Just remember, it takes time and work. One of the most important life lessons is that if you want something and if you work for it, you'll almost always get it. There are so many people in life who say that they really want something, and they sit around waiting for it to happen, and it doesn't work that way. You have to fight for it (fairly). Make YouTube videos and tweet them to her, enter radio/Internet contests, write to Ellen, travel, etc. I was on here fangirling for two years before I saw her in concert and met her. You can all do it if you werk :kittypurry: