Author Topic: Far far away from Katy :(  (Read 1117 times)

Offline strawburrie

• Wannabe
  • I'm with katy every step of the way ♥
Far far away from Katy :(
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
Hey guys !
So, I live in Morocco, which means I never got to meet Katy ! Do any of you guys live in a country where Katy has never been ? It really sucks, I'm jealous of all the Katycats who got to meet her  :-\

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
Re: Far far away from Katy :(
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
Regardless of where we live, most of us have never met Katy and probably never will.  There are just a select few on this board who automatically assume everyone here has met her.

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
It depends if you mean seen her at a concert, or if you mean actually talked to her in person. I live in England but have never even seen her at all in real life. Of course I'd be incredibly happy to talk to Katy one day, but I wouldn't set that as a goal in my life. If I let not having met her make me unhappy I could have a hard time for the rest of my life because for most people it never happens. I would make an effort to give it the best chance ever and try to make it happen when there is at least a small chance of it, yes, but I and millions of others can also live happily without having met her. I find that there are people in our lives who ask us to meet them, because they need us, and I'm sure Katy would agree it is more important not to miss those.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:19:08 PM by TheMouse »

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline DillNewt24

• Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
Don't feel bad I had a chance to get tickets to go one of her concerts this year but I couldn't get a ride so I didn't purchase them. I haven't even seen Katy in person before and I haven't been to one of her concerts before, but I hope I'll get to see her perform some day. The thing is I will always be a Katycat no matter what and I hope that you will always support her too whether or not you get to see her in person.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:36:37 PM by DillNewt24 »

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »
Don't be jealous, be happy for those that have :) I'm just saying that because Ive met her a few times, but because even before I  met her I was so happy for those who did/had met her. I think we should always be happy when a KatyCat gets a chance to meet her, not jealous because a member of our community, our family,  has had a chance to meet our idol. Its not easy to meet her, I find its all about commitment. First time I met it was thanks to this amazing forum, and the second time we waited 24 hours in the pouring rain, and finally met her. When I've been to shows and what not I have camped for two days straight and still not met her. But you have to commit and commit to travelling, and going those distances if you want to meet her. I used to be able to put that commitment in, but now I can't as I work full time, and have a house to run. But I know people that have flown to different countries to meet Katy. I have friends from the Netherlands that flew to meet Katy, and they did. I can't afford to be as committed as others, but my point is we should be happy for other KatyCats when they meet her, or get to go to her shows, and dont envy them. I think we are all equal and we will get our chance, we just have to patient :) No hate, just an opinion  :pinkbow:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
Even if seeing her at a distance at a concert counts as meeting her, I still haven't met her.  And I didn't get tickets to the Prismatic World Tour either, since my wife wasn't interested, and I'd want to read reviews before spending money on it anyway (maybe if tickets are reasonable on Stub Hub a week or so before, I'll go).

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
What a lot of people need to remember, is that just because you haven't met her, doesn't mean you are less of  fan than anyone else. Like a majority of others who have already said in this thread, be happy for those that have. There's no reason to have hostility at all. I'm sure Katy would hate to know of any fans that feel that way.

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 06:23:27 PM »
Don't be jealous, be happy for those that have :) I'm just saying that because Ive met her a few times, but because even before I  met her I was so happy for those who did/had met her. I think we should always be happy when a KatyCat gets a chance to meet her, not jealous because a member of our community, our family,  has had a chance to meet our idol. Its not easy to meet her, I find its all about commitment. First time I met it was thanks to this amazing forum, and the second time we waited 24 hours in the pouring rain, and finally met her. When I've been to shows and what not I have camped for two days straight and still not met her. But you have to commit and commit to travelling, and going those distances if you want to meet her. I used to be able to put that commitment in, but now I can't as I work full time, and have a house to run. But I know people that have flown to different countries to meet Katy. I have friends from the Netherlands that flew to meet Katy, and they did. I can't afford to be as committed as others, but my point is we should be happy for other KatyCats when they meet her, or get to go to her shows, and dont envy them. I think we are all equal and we will get our chance, we just have to patient :) No hate, just an opinion  :pinkbow:

I completely agree.  I have yet to see her perform (although that will change in September!) but the one time I did meet her was one of the most stressful experiences of my life.  At the Meow launch were waiting from 2 am until 7 pm and even though we were guaranteed to meet her because we were within the first 200 to pre-order her perfume, we almost didn't meet her because I don't think she was feeling well, so she had to leave early. My friends and I were the last four to meet her, and we had all been in tears because security was extremely aggressive.  But despite that, I would do it all a million times over for Katy because just speaking with her for a few minutes was one of the most incredible experiences, and I hope you all get that same opportunity!  Meeting her might not be easy, but it will be worth it!  So I guess my main point is don't give up no matter where you live, save up money, keep an eye out for contests or events even in neighboring cities and countries, and enjoy the music and company of other Katycats until your time comes.  We ARE all family!

:katycat3:

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
I've never seen Katy, and still I agree with all of this. While I used to sleep outdoors when I was young I couldn't spend all day and night in the street now waiting for Katy alone for health reasons. Neither would I turn up at an arena at 9 in the morning like some apparently intend to - I've got a ticket, so what's the point? The fact that I can't really 'camp outside' anymore doesn't even necessarily mean a lack of commitment. I think things happen in ones' life as they are meant to happen, and as life goes on priorities shift. Right now I'm paying off rent arrears because I bought all those tickets, and I'm in physiotherapeutic treatment to get myself fit enough to be able to stand in the arenas for long enough when the time comes, so, I feel quite dedicated anyway. I would be overjoyed if I won or bought a meeting, but as a goal in itself, it's mostly obsessed and unhealthy.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
Regardless of where we live, most of us have never met Katy and probably never will. 

You're wrong. YOU gotta make it happen. YOU gotta find out when Katy will be in your area. Go to ANY events Katy is scheduled to be at and go.
I know a TON of KatyCats who met Katy (NYC, LA, Toronto and London) and they made it happen.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 01:25:17 AM »
What a lot of people need to remember, is that just because you haven't met her, doesn't mean you are less of  fan than anyone else. Like a majority of others who have already said in this thread, be happy for those that have. There's no reason to have hostility at all. I'm sure Katy would hate to know of any fans that feel that way.

I don't think I was showing any hostility toward anyone who had met Katy.  I'm sorry if I came across that way.  I don't even know if your post was directed at me or not.  My only problem is (and maybe I'm reading into things) that people here assume that everyone on this board has met her, but that is not the case.

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 02:50:29 AM »
Regardless of where we live, most of us have never met Katy and probably never will. 

You're wrong. YOU gotta make it happen. YOU gotta find out when Katy will be in your area. Go to ANY events Katy is scheduled to be at and go.
I know a TON of KatyCats who met Katy (NYC, LA, Toronto and London) and they made it happen.

This!  Adjusting your attitude is half the battle already  :thumbzup:

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »
I've never seen Katy, and still I agree with all of this. While I used to sleep outdoors when I was young I couldn't spend all day and night in the street now waiting for Katy alone for health reasons. Neither would I turn up at an arena at 9 in the morning like some apparently intend to - I've got a ticket, so what's the point? The fact that I can't really 'camp outside' anymore doesn't even necessarily mean a lack of commitment. I think things happen in ones' life as they are meant to happen, and as life goes on priorities shift. Right now I'm paying off rent arrears because I bought all those tickets, and I'm in physiotherapeutic treatment to get myself fit enough to be able to stand in the arenas for long enough when the time comes, so, I feel quite dedicated anyway. I would be overjoyed if I won or bought a meeting, but as a goal in itself, it's mostly obsessed and unhealthy.

Exactly :) I used to be committed but its not as easy now. I think if a KatyCat gets a opportunity to meet or see Katy live we should all be so so so happy for them. But I also think if you go to an event where there are loads of KatyCats waiting to meet Katy and you have met her before and they havent you should help them meet Katy. Help eachother out. One thing I'm hating about this fanbase at the moment is the selfishness that seems to have developed at Katy events. Its like we all claim to be a family one minute then as soon as Katy comes out its each for their own. Its just wrong. I used to be very committed to seeing Katy whenever she was in the UK however now I am settling down and thinking of starting a family in the next few years or so, so its not actually financial for me either. But the thing people need to remember is that if you really want it, then you have to make it happen. For example, if I wanted to go see Katy in LA I would have to save and save and save probably for over a year, but I would be determined to make it happen. Theres a reason that Katys management want her to go to the US and the UK, its because if she is successful in these places, the rest of the world will follow. This is one reason why I hate how people are making accounts or coming on here just thinking thinking if they do there will be a m&g for a show. its like its all they care about, and it drives me bloody mad! People need to appreciate just seeing Katy live, as thats an amazing thing itself. I use the forum to chat to other KatyCats and socialize and fangurl. It frustrates me that people think its all about meeting her when its not. I can't describe the feeling I got when I first saw her live, especially cuz I was unwell and couldnt go to my Hello Katy date. People need to appreciate that its not all about meeting Katy, but about being part of the community and enjoying the music.

rant over- i think i may have repeated myself a few times  :lol:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 12:08:32 PM »

Good for you, but you have to realize that not everyone has the same priorities.

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »

Exactly :) I used to be committed but its not as easy now. I think if a KatyCat gets a opportunity to meet or see Katy live we should all be so so so happy for them. But I also think if you go to an event where there are loads of KatyCats waiting to meet Katy and you have met her before and they havent you should help them meet Katy. Help eachother out. One thing I'm hating about this fanbase at the moment is the selfishness that seems to have developed at Katy events. Its like we all claim to be a family one minute then as soon as Katy comes out its each for their own. Its just wrong. I used to be very committed to seeing Katy whenever she was in the UK however now I am settling down and thinking of starting a family in the next few years or so, so its not actually financial for me either. But the thing people need to remember is that if you really want it, then you have to make it happen. For example, if I wanted to go see Katy in LA I would have to save and save and save probably for over a year, but I would be determined to make it happen. Theres a reason that Katys management want her to go to the US and the UK, its because if she is successful in these places, the rest of the world will follow. This is one reason why I hate how people are making accounts or coming on here just thinking thinking if they do there will be a m&g for a show. its like its all they care about, and it drives me bloody mad! People need to appreciate just seeing Katy live, as thats an amazing thing itself. I use the forum to chat to other KatyCats and socialize and fangurl. It frustrates me that people think its all about meeting her when its not. I can't describe the feeling I got when I first saw her live, especially cuz I was unwell and couldnt go to my Hello Katy date. People need to appreciate that its not all about meeting Katy, but about being part of the community and enjoying the music.

rant over- i think i may have repeated myself a few times  :lol:

I'm pretty much the same. Hooray for growing up?! Haha.

Proud Katycat #5998