Author Topic: Prismatic Tour @ Barclays Center (1) - Brooklyn, NY - July 24th 2014  (Read 385 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:37:04 AM by Olivia »

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
Re: Prismatic Tour @ Barclays Center - Brooklyn, NY - July 24th 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »
I'll be there!

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »
Random question - why do they ALWAYS put emphasis on the fact that this arena is in Brooklyn instead of ever saying New York City? It's strange... because Brooklyn is in NYC, and with MSG they always say that's NYC instead of calling it Manhattan. Does Jay Z pay everyone to say Brooklyn or something.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:39:11 PM »
Random question - why do they ALWAYS put emphasis on the fact that this arena is in Brooklyn instead of ever saying New York City? It's strange... because Brooklyn is in NYC, and with MSG they always say that's NYC instead of calling it Manhattan. Does Jay Z pay everyone to say Brooklyn or something.
New York is five cities (boroughs) combined as one and each has it's own identity. That's the way it's always been. Manhattan island is where it all started and is called New York. The other cities merged with NY in the early 1900s I think. 
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
New York is five cities (boroughs) combined as one and each has it's own identity. That's the way it's always been. Manhattan island is where it all started and is called New York. The other cities merged with NY in the early 1900s I think.

Hmm, I guess that would explain. I still do find it weird that it's just never said that it's in New York though. When she performed in Uniondale, NY on the CDT she addressed the crowd as 'New York'... though I'm kind of having trouble understanding where that is in relation to the city, do you know if it's in it? I know you live in NY

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:11 PM »
NYC is made up of five boroughs, the only way you can refer to Brooklyn is...Brooklyn, It's Brooklyn, NY. Uniondale is in Long Island, which is not apart of NYC, as a matter of fact we're seperated from the city by water but connected by bridge however it's all considered New York. (I live in Long Island and go to college in Brooklyn)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »
Ok thanks, I kind of get it. But so does that mean a person who lived in Brooklyn could never get away with saying 'I live in New York City', would it be like 'no, you live in Brooklyn'?

@contraduncan

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
Ok thanks, I kind of get it. But so does that mean a person who lived in Brooklyn could never get away with saying 'I live in New York City', would it be like 'no, you live in Brooklyn'?

Haha, well yes technically they could say that however they most likely wouldn't. When someone says they live in NYC they are usually referring to Manhattan, that's just sort of how it is.

Offline marifurini

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Grow up but don't give up
I will be there too! Does anyone is going using the subway or anything like that? I'd like to meet up with you guys! I got RS ticket.
in case anyone wants to talk, my twitter is @shpeshul! See you thereee o/
 :dreamboat: :dreamboat: