Author Topic: Tell me about yourselves KatyCats!  (Read 661 times)

Offline becciilouisex

• Wannabe
  • Beccii Louise, 19, KatyCat xox
Tell me about yourselves KatyCats!
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
Hi KatyCats :hellokaty:

I've been a KatyCat for a while now and REALLY wanted to create a Twitter account dedicated to Katy but I've never spoken properly to any other KatyCats so I have no idea what you guys are like!

Like I know for a fact you'll all be amazing and beuatiful but I was wondering if you're all like one big family or if there ever tends to be drama because there's so many of us! I'm actually a Mixer and have Litle Mix accounts and we're like a family but I've seen what Directioners and Believers are ike and there tends to be lots of drama because there's so many!  :lol:

So what are you guys like?! And of course if you're on Twitter give me your username and I will follow when I make my account! :xxx:

Thanks KatyCats!  :strawberry:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:39:41 PM by becciilouisex »

QueenKaty :xxx:

Offline hbhb97

• Jaw-Dropping
Re: Tell me about yourselves KatyCats!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
i think most of the people here are male. this forum is much more polite than probably every other forum, there is not much hostility

Offline becciilouisex

• Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
Wow I thought there would be a lot of girls on here!

But I love the fact that her fans are unisex because not a lot of artists have that!

Offline Hear-me-roar

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Letting the light in. PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:59 PM »
Ummm ok... hi! I'm a KatyCat since 2008, even though I got to this beautiful forum last year. I'm from Argentina and... I love Katy! Lol idk what to say  :strawberry:  :strawberry:

Offline Hear-me-roar

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Letting the light in. PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Oh yeah and my twitter's: @jatysbaby I'll follow you back kitten!

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »
There are a lot of girls here. It just happens some of the more active members are male.

I'm one of the older members here but I really love Katy's music. I'm also interested in her musical history and I have a huge collection of old Katy songs from before she got famous.  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:06:33 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
i'm a girl and I'm always here. :hithere: :)
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
Well I just joined this past week, and I've only been a real fan for about 4 months or so, so I'm yet to really meet anybody yet. But I've done a lot of forum-reading to try and catch myself up on the "lost years" :D

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 09:49:42 AM »
There are a lot of girls here. It just happens some of the more active members are male.

I'm one of the older members here but I really love Katy's music. I'm also interested in her musical history and I have a huge collection of old Katy songs from before she got famous.  :)

Surprising to me...I didn't know guys like us were that active!

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 10:10:39 AM »
I've been a member for a few months now, a KatyCat since 2010...

Katy has grown on me since I carelessly walked into a library 5 years ago and rented "One of the Boys". Ever since, I started to like her more and more every year.

Welcome to the forum and if you find me on Twitter, I'm @TheBigFiz21  :hithere:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
Is there any way to look up statistics as to the gender breakdown of this forum?  Or the average age?

It seems there is a stereotype that almost all of Katy's fans are female.  I, however, am a 34 year old straight, married male.

I wonder if maybe why this board might have a disproportionate number of men (or at least why many of the more active members are men) could maybe be because us guys have fewer opportunities to talk about Katy in our everyday lives.  So this forum is really the only place where we can openly talk about her.

Anyway, I don't use Twitter.  I'll later re-post the fairly detailed story about how I became a Katy Cat, which I've posted in other threads, but will repost for the benefit of the OP.

Welcome to the forum!

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
I'm male and I've been a Katycat since 2010. I just joined the forum last year. I don't agree with the sterotype that Katy's fans are only girls because as I've seen on here, there is a lot of male fans.

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
Is there any way to look up statistics as to the gender breakdown of this forum?  Or the average age?

It seems there is a stereotype that almost all of Katy's fans are female.  I, however, am a 34 year old straight, married male.

I wonder if maybe why this board might have a disproportionate number of men (or at least why many of the more active members are men) could maybe be because us guys have fewer opportunities to talk about Katy in our everyday lives.  So this forum is really the only place where we can openly talk about her.

Anyway, I don't use Twitter.  I'll later re-post the fairly detailed story about how I became a Katy Cat, which I've posted in other threads, but will repost for the benefit of the OP.

Welcome to the forum!
Good thing I bookmarked this.  ;) http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?action=stats
The the forum layout was changed a little over a year ago and the button for this went awol.  :lol: Another thing we lost is the ability to embed YouTube videos. You'll see that in older posts where the links have a youtube code at each end.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katymylife

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »
Hey Welcome  :katycat1: I'm a KatyCat since 2011, but i joined the forum the last year. I like Katy as a singer and as a person. Katy has male fans too and a lot.

October 14, 2014- PWT Monterrey, Mexico
October 15, 2014- PWT Monterrey, Mexico

KatyCat since 2011. @_KatyPCat

Offline becciilouisex

• Wannabe
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
You're all so lovely!

I've been a fan of Katy Perry since One Of The Boys but I didn't grow up witht he internet so I wasn't aware of forums or fansites and obviously that's a huge part of being a part of any fanbase nowadays!

I did actually assume she had a lot of female fans but she's an amazing girl with so much talent it makes sense that people of all genders would love her!  :dreamboat:

And it makes the fanbase more interesting too! A lot of fanbases are full of one gender like Directioners, Mixers and Swifties are mostly girls!

To those who gave me their twitter userame, I'll follow back when I join, I need to decide on a username first ... HOW DO I CHOOSE  :theface:

:xxx: