Author Topic: Do I hear GHOST in Kesha's documentary from ages ago?  (Read 758 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Do I hear GHOST in Kesha's documentary from ages ago?
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »
GUYS

Have I gone crazy or... ? I was watching Kesha's documentary (don't ask, the video just came up and I clicked it) and I think it came out some time in the spring (video was uploaded last May), but...

http://youtu.be/StII0BkWExk

Go to about 12:05, what do you hear?

It's been a strange and kind of messed up day and I just woke up, so maybe I'm just losing it, but is that Ghost? Or just something similar? Or have I missed something? Did everyone already know this??

I'M CONFUSED HELP ME CATS.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
Re: Do I hear GHOST in Kesha's documentary from ages ago?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Hahaha, Yup, that's definitely Ghost!
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »
Oh... wow!

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »
Wow, that was interesting.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • www.yoppappop.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
She said in interviews at the beginning of the promo tour in August that the album had been completed for months and she was eager to release it... If it's Ghost (and it definitely sounds like it is), that could be a partial explanation... Plus Ke$ha is a friend / good acquaintance of hers...

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »
GUYS

Have I gone crazy or... ? I was watching Kesha's documentary (don't ask, the video just came up and I clicked it) and I think it came out some time in the spring (video was uploaded last May), but...

http://youtu.be/StII0BkWExk

Go to about 12:05, what do you hear?

It's been a strange and kind of messed up day and I just woke up, so maybe I'm just losing it, but is that Ghost? Or just something similar? Or have I missed something? Did everyone already know this??

I'M CONFUSED HELP ME CATS.
You're not confused, it's ghost without any option of a doubt, clear enough to be heard. But like Olivia said that's the explanation, Katy and her are not strangers, lol.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline wowitsjoey

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:06:13 PM »
Are we sure at this point that Ghost was finished? I mean it's a large possibility but seeings as Dr. Luke executive produces her albums and her show, who's to say he didn't just use the backing before Katy even heard it? I think this could go either way because they are friends, but yes that is indeed Ghost's backing for sure.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
^ What I thought. Luke must be the link.. I still think it's possible Katy was at least doing some fucking around with Ghost by then (probably wasn't finished) but I guess it didn't matter so much that Kesha used it for her show cause Katy was still in the kind of early stages of Prism and wasn't really sure Ghost was a song that would go on the album (cause you know how she wrote many songs, plenty of which didn't make it onto Prism), so if Kesha used some background music it was fine... and Dr. Luke was probably in charge of what happened with the backing track anyway seeing as it's his.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:50:54 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

@contraduncan

Offline jonglass002

• Shake the Glitter!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
hahhaa I think it is! That is crazy!

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:31:54 AM »
Are we sure at this point that Ghost was finished? I mean it's a large possibility but seeings as Dr. Luke executive produces her albums and her show, who's to say he didn't just use the backing before Katy even heard it? I think this could go either way because they are friends, but yes that is indeed Ghost's backing for sure.
I don't see anything unusual or confusing in this. They're a team if co writers, and when a new album is about to be written or produced they can pull out things which have been sketched and put down even years ago. Katy may have another album in two years from now, but a lot of that will already exist now. That's how those things work, really.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Purrrfection
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:43:03 AM »
That's Ghost, alright!

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
I don't see anything unusual or confusing in this. They're a team if co writers, and when a new album is about to be written or produced they can pull out things which have been sketched and put down even years ago. Katy may have another album in two years from now, but a lot of that will already exist now. That's how those things work, really.
It's not confusing, just kinda funny. I mean can you imagine if it had been Roar or a really big hit that we're so used to hearing now and all along we could have gotten a little preview in a Ke$ha documentary?  :lol:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Hear-me-roar

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Letting the light in. PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »
omg I saw that & I was like "wooah that's kinda scary, isn't that ghost?" But Katy and Kesha are good friends so I'm sure Katy let her put it...  ???

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
She said in interviews at the beginning of the promo tour in August that the album had been completed for months and she was eager to release it... If it's Ghost (and it definitely sounds like it is), that could be a partial explanation... Plus Ke$ha is a friend / good acquaintance of hers...

Why didn't she release Prism earlier?

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »

Why didn't she release Prism earlier?
I think they used an instrumental track of Ghost which MTV probably got from Dr. Luke.

I ask that myself sometimes. Obviously they needed to hype it up and I think they were a bit behind in production and it was delayed a bit. But it resulted in a better product.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)