Author Topic: Stevie Nicks Talks With Katy Perry  (Read 656 times)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!

Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
Re: Stevie Nicks Talks With Katy Perry
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
I love this friendship so much.
Stevie is a queen.
 :pinkbow:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Emilly Perry

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • she melted my popsicle! :P
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »
Really good advice she gave...it's a very good way to think!
Every time I her that Katy met those freaking great "old" artists, it's makes me so damn happy and proud!  :lol:
Sig:CARRIFAX
http://katywildeperryfans.tumblr.com/
20/02/2011 best day ever!!!(I met her)
5 years ago i found my missing puzzle piece..now i'm complete!
BE the change you want to see in the world!
:-*

Offline Hear-me-roar

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Letting the light in. PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:26:44 PM »
awwwwwww  :strawberry:

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:26 AM »
Something so positive and enjoyable to read about  :)

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:47:51 AM »
What a lovely story. I grew up listening to Stevie as my Mum was a huge fan so it's great to see her passing on some wisdom to Katy. I love how open to advice Katy always seems to be, I can imagine some starts thinking they know better but Katy always seems eager to learn as much as she can

Offline oceanekatycat

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
  • Sometimes When I Miss you I Put Those Records On
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:22:42 AM »
awn  :strawberry: it's so lovely and yes, like someone said it's really good that katy is open at the advices, she is a stupid diva. But that always makes me sad how sometimes she doesn't really seems sure of herself , of her talent

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »
awn  :strawberry: it's so lovely and yes, like someone said it's really good that katy is open at the advices, she is a stupid diva. But that always makes me sad how sometimes she doesn't really seems sure of herself , of her talent
??? A stupid diva?
I don't think it has anything to do with being unsure of herself. Katy has got brains and is simply able to communicate.
Also, it doesn't say she badly needed that 'advice' and is kind of lucky to get it - it was a chat with a friend of Katy's whom she very much admires, that's all. Stevie wasn't there to tell her how to do things, neither did Katy understand it that way.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
??? A stupid diva?
I don't think it has anything to do with being unsure of herself. Katy has got brains and is simply able to communicate.
Also, it doesn't say she badly needed that 'advice' and is kind of lucky to get it - it was a chat with a friend of Katy's whom she very much admires, that's all. Stevie wasn't there to tell her how to do things, neither did Katy understand it that way.
It was just a friendly woman to woman talk really. :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »
Is it possible that this could negatively impact how Katy looks? I mean, it kind of reveals that she considers peers (presumably Miley, Gaga, etc) rivals... I don't personally think this, I'm just scared other people might

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:50:50 AM by katykicksass »
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 12:40:38 AM »
Is it possible that this could negatively impact how Katy looks? I mean, it kind of reveals that she considers peers (presumably Miley, Gaga, etc) rivals... I don't personally think this, I'm just scared other people might
Honestly, keep calm and ... Simply move on, and I don't mean you in person, but pretty much everybody else who has perhaps misunderstood a lighthearted report about a lighthearted chat between two people who work in the pop business.

Like I and another user already said, Katy had a chat with S. Nicks over a few cups of coffee. Nobody was seriously giving any 'advice' to anybody, I don't know where this fixed idea springs from in this thread. If Nicks called it so it was a figure of speech, not more.
Katy has befriended her because she likes and admires her, and those feelings seem to be mutual.

I don't know why the hell the author of an article has picked precisely this one mention out of a 3 hour chat - but (already almost regrettably) they have, and now it causes this confusion about the nature of the spontaneous meeting the two women had simply to enjoy each others' company.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:31 AM »
Honestly, keep calm and ... Simply move on, and I don't mean you in person, but pretty much everybody else who has perhaps misunderstood a lighthearted report about a lighthearted chat between two people who work in the pop business.

Like I and another user already said, Katy had a chat with S. Nicks over a few cups of coffee. Nobody was seriously giving any 'advice' to anybody, I don't know where this fixed idea springs from in this thread. If Nicks called it so it was a figure of speech, not more.
Katy has befriended her because she likes and admires her, and those feelings seem to be mutual.

I don't know why the hell the author of an article has picked precisely this one mention out of a 3 hour chat - but (already almost regrettably) they have, and now it causes this confusion about the nature of the spontaneous meeting the two women had simply to enjoy each others' company.

Of course, well put. I think I meant more from a naive person's POV than anything else. What I meant more was, if a random person just happened to have read this article with no background information, it may give off a bad vibe in a situation that obviously doesn't involve any negativity.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 01:26:20 AM »
Haha, I know what you mean, I just think that this is so on the margin of everything that actually only fans of Katy will ever think about it. It's like you open a paper and read, Miss A the princess of pop bought a new dress and her friend said it would suit her better in red. Nobody will be interested in it really, and so it's with this. There have been really annoying and hurtful moments recently like the times of Katy's few days in France and England, but this isn't something which would be misinterpreted and snowballed like those things were. It's really just a mention on the side, people read it at the hairdressers and then forget it. If i wasn't a fan I wouldn't waste a thought on it except Katy has a nice friend.

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 01:48:35 AM »
I never realized that Stevie Nicks was the voice in The One That Got Away Trailer I thought it was just Katy trying to sound older I should have realized!  :lol: That's my favorite video and the trailer is just as beautiful as the video! :thumbzup: