Author Topic: POSSIBLE: Katy Perry Residency @ Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas (in talks)  (Read 1434 times)

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
Re: POSSIBLE: Katy Perry Residency @ Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas (in talks)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »
it's about a MINI-residency during the time Britney is off for 100 shows or something like that... Not a real several year-long deal. And they don't say WHEN this 100 shows off period is, so too early to imagine the interaction with the Prismatic World Tour in my opinion. The PWT probably comes first, this could be about 2015 and not 2014. Does anyone know WHEN is Britney's break ?

Exactly, as long as it doesn't affect the Prismatic Tour, I'd love to see her do a big Vegas production.  I definitely can't see her doing the residency long-term at this point in her career anyway.

Offline CottonCupcakes

• Dressed up like Elvis!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »
Hmm. Not too sure how I would feel about this ???
Katy: Sweetie, are you okay?
Me: Yeah, it's just that, you're like, freaking wonder woman!
Katy: Oh no sweetie, I can't even twirl!

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »
I think it would be a cool thing to do a short residency maybe next year after PWT is finished. I would probably go!  :lol:
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14
Melbourne PWT - 18/11/14

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »
It won't interfere with her tour. I assume they'll do what Ceaser's Palace does... they rotate nights with Shania, Celine and whoever else has residency there -- the stage won't be an issue. Perhaps Britney is off for a month or so half way thru those 100 dates where they want to fill in. I know Shania had 1-2 weeks off during her first year, but before she started her next half, she had a much longer break.

Times are changing and doing a run of shows (no matter how long) is not what it used to be... it doesn't mean you have to be old, venterned in the industry for a bazillion years, ect. It's just top notch, good entertainment that ppl would want to see... anyone been to Vegas?! It's a bit nuts in a good way (well, or bad, depending on what you get into, LOL).

Even if Katy doesn't do a few shows there, this is a HUGE HUGE compliment and really, a milestone in her career, IMO... not a focal point, no, but a gooder. Vegas thinks she's "got it"... that's pretty darn cool... :)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
Times are changing and doing a run of shows (no matter how long) is not what it used to be... it doesn't mean you have to be old, venterned in the industry for a bazillion years, ect. It's just top notch, good entertainment that ppl would want to see... anyone been to Vegas?! It's a bit nuts in a good way (well, or bad, depending on what you get into, LOL).
It seems to be looking that way anyway!  :pinkbow:
I mean remember Michael Jackson was going to do a 50 night residency in the  O2 London before he passed away? I know he was around for a long time, but his performances weren't going stale or anything. Everyone wanted to see him!

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 04:49:37 AM »
Aww I had tickets to see Michael Jackson in London, so sad he never got to perform the This Is It tour :(

Offline oceanekatycat

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
  • Sometimes When I Miss you I Put Those Records On
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »
honestly I think it can be a good idea and maybe the good reason for me to go in las vegas  :lol: more seriously I don't think we can be worry about the PWT it will be 2 things completly different (if it's true) and it's just a mini-residance. maybe it's a way to show at more people that she is an amazing performer

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
This isn't a bad thing! Bruno Mars is also doing a Mini Residency around this time and Britney is doing a proper one, Vegas are trying to bring in the young crowds and the biggest acts of right now. They obviously couldn't tie Katy and Bruno down for 2 solid years, that's why they're offering these mini things.

Though, I have to say if her residency isn't titled something to do with "Waking Up In Vegas" I will be extremely disappointed in Katy.

'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline ItsSexy

• U think you're a Genius!
  • hello this is KATY! i'M THE HACKER!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
Katy is so young and so full of energy, she can travel the world, a residency is not the best idea for a gal like her

(only if she wants to get married)

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »
Katy is so young and so full of energy, she can travel the world, a residency is not the best idea for a gal like her

(only if she wants to get married)
Does marriage have anything to do with it - I don't think so, because then countless stars would have withdrawn from public, or never been there.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »
it's about a MINI-residency during the time Britney is off for 100 shows or something like that... Not a real several year-long deal. And they don't say WHEN this 100 shows off period is, so too early to imagine the interaction with the Prismatic World Tour in my opinion. The PWT probably comes first, this could be about 2015 and not 2014. Does anyone know WHEN is Britney's break ?
Britney doesn't have a break for 100 shows - she PERFORMS 100 shows within 2 years.

Oops, my bad, i read too fast... And understood what i wanted to.

I don't know about this, this is Perez Hilton posting, so i take it with a grain of salt, like (i hope) everybody :) I don't think it would be such a terrible idea, though...

I think such a move would be great for Katy, if her aim is to eventually capture that mature audience she is seeking.

I can't see her doing it until after the PWT, though. I have the feeling she wants to tour parts of the world she hasn't been to. That will take her right into mid-2015.

Even so, I would reckon she might want to take a break after the PWT to contemplate her next moves. It's been speculated that she wants to focus on her music more than her stage presence for future performances. I also doubt that her Vegas production (should she go ahead with it) would be as elaborate as what she has planned for the PWT.

However, if she does do this, I would seriously consider catching her show! Katy performing in a more intimate venue would be definitely be an experience to savor.
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon
2011-07-19: Rogers Arena, Vancouver
2014-09-09: Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Offline KatyCatTorzee

• Know it all
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
I think it's fantastic! I can totally see katy doing it, even if its for a couple weeks - month, maybe two shows a week. I don't think she will be ready to settle into a full time residency for a while :lol:

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline Fireworker123

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • After a hurricane comes a rainbow
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »
I love Vegas so I would definetely go there I Katy would have a show there. And I agree that it would be awesome for a short amount of time but not for a whole year. She can do that in her 50s or so  :rofl: But I guess her granny would be happy to see her more often :)