Author Topic: POSSIBLE: Katy Perry Residency @ Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas (in talks)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-06-katy-perry-might-get-las-vegas-show

Katy Perry Might Be The Next Pop Star To Get A Las Vegas Residency!

zOMG! Maybe she and Britney Spears will become bestises!

Instead of taking a break from work on New Years Eve, Katy Perry was talking BIG business with some Caesars Entertainment execs…

And they want her to have a mini-residency at Planet Hollywood in the Axis theatre!

Yes, the same place where Britney performs!

While Miz Spears takes a break during her 100 shows there over two years, Katy will fill in and perform her show!

Apparently, Miz Perry did a secret performance for the big wigs on Tuesday night, and they were sold!

A entertainment VP explained:

“We would love it if we could welcome Katy to the new Planet Hollywood theater. She told us she loved the theater and seeing Britney perform there on opening night. We have a number of stars in our sights and expect to announce future performers in the next two months.”

Eeek! This would be SO exciting!

Now if only we didn’t have to wait three months to find out who they pick!

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: POSSIBLE: Katy Perry Residency @ Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas (in talks)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
:( Vegas residencies are for old people past their peak. Katy is not.

And I don't know if she could perform at Britney's place because I saw bits of her documentary and her stage seems to be properly built into the theatre like more of a permanent (but obviously not actually permanent) structure, not one that you can just build up and take down every night like an arena tour, the were proper diggers in the theatre building her stage... so I wonder how much truth there is to this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:52:08 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »
I wonder how this will effect her upcoming world tour? I also wonder if she will scrap the North American leg of the tour in favor of doing a Vegas residency if she is signed to such a deal?
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:22 AM »
:( Vegas residencies are for old people past their peak. Katy is not.
That is usually true but they are trying to attract the younger more popular acts. Britney Spears, while certainly a veteran in the business, is only 31 years old but is doing the residency mainly for her family.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:51:50 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
She definitely would never scrap the tour for this. The venues will already be booked for her by now and with all the promises she's already made to fans about the tour...

And I think they're always going to be a thing for older artists though, they're far more practical if they have families or are older, whilst younger artists need to go around the world and promote.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
it's about a MINI-residency during the time Britney is off for 100 shows or something like that... Not a real several year-long deal. And they don't say WHEN this 100 shows off period is, so too early to imagine the interaction with the Prismatic World Tour in my opinion. The PWT probably comes first, this could be about 2015 and not 2014. Does anyone know WHEN is Britney's break ?

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »
it's about a MINI-residency during the time Britney is off for 100 shows or something like that... Not a real several year-long deal. And they don't say WHEN this 100 shows off period is, so too early to imagine the interaction with the Prismatic World Tour in my opinion. The PWT probably comes first, this could be about 2015 and not 2014. Does anyone know WHEN is Britney's break ?
Britney doesn't have a break for 100 shows - she PERFORMS 100 shows within 2 years.
The world tour is a set thing, which won't be influenced by anything as everything on a world tour has to be under contract just like anything else.
Even if this wasn't so, the world tour is a thousand times more important for Katy than a residency.
The description 'residency' actually makes me think of an old people's home, haha, and there's certainly some truth in that - generally it is for stars on the way out, not in, but although Katy doesn't fit into that category she's just always up for something unusual, lol

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »
But even if it was, like I said, all that stuff with Britney's stage being built into the arena... I'm just not sure about this.
I doubt all of Britney's shows for the next two years are even announced yet, so I don't think we could know when her break is.

EDIT: Looking at her dates so far I don't think she has one big break, it's regular smaller intervals of a few weeks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:43:10 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

@contraduncan

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
I could see Katy doing something like this for like 2 weeks or something either during or after her world tour but I don't think it would affect her world tour.

I personally love Britney and am hoping to see her in Vegas sometime in the next 2 years!

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
I could see Katy doing something like this for like 2 weeks or something either during or after her world tour but I don't think it would affect her world tour.

I personally love Britney and am hoping to see her in Vegas sometime in the next 2 years!
Two weeks would mean that Katy does 1 single show, maybe 2. Once again, Britney does 100 shows in 2 years, or 50 shows in each year. Also, Katy would not be doing 'her show' (Britney's), she would, at the most, be doing a full one of her own.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
I love Britney and I'm thinking about going to see her. IF Katy does do this, I'd so go and see her.  :pinkbow:
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline waveskat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • this my bella she is a katy cat
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »
no no no Katy no we love you too much

Offline Chica

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm not giving up
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »
I hope this is not true :/

Offline Hear-me-roar

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Letting the light in. PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
I don't think she would just move to Vegas without discussing it with John..!  :dreamboat:

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Britney doesn't have a break for 100 shows - she PERFORMS 100 shows within 2 years.

Oops, my bad, i read too fast... And understood what i wanted to.

I don't know about this, this is Perez Hilton posting, so i take it with a grain of salt, like (i hope) everybody :) I don't think it would be such a terrible idea, though...