Author Topic: Concert scenes in Part of Me  (Read 1551 times)

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
Re: Concert scenes in Part of Me
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
That thread was interesting to go through, you little Taras ;)
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
By the way, I saw the movie again, and I agree that Katy sang "Not Like the Movies" beautifully, wherever it may have been (LA, it seems).  I wonder why my wife and I both (incorrectly) remembered her having a hard time with it when we saw the movie the first time?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »
Sorry, I fucked up the end of that sentence. They certainly censored the movie and for the most part made it very Disney-friendly and I didn't like that. Also, they made the sound in the movie slightly high-pitched (you can definitely hear this when they show the performances of songs) and it made Katy sound like an overly cheerful 5-year-old when she talked... a little thing but it got on my nerves.

Are you saying that they changed the pitch of her singing and speaking?  Strange.
Yes, the overall pitch of the movie is higher. Whether it was done on purpose or not I'm not sure but it sometimes just happens.

Maybe they sped certain scenes up, and that has the side effect of making her voice higher pitched?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
Another thing that struck me seeing the movie a 2nd time is that when they showed pictures of Katy when she was 17, she looked like a different person, but when she was 18, she looked exactly the same as she does now.  I wonder if her look really changed that much in 1 year, of if they specifically looked for pictures where she looked either different or the same, depending on the context.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 03:38:56 PM »
Another thing that struck me seeing the movie a 2nd time is that when they showed pictures of Katy when she was 17, she looked like a different person, but when she was 18, she looked exactly the same as she does now.  I wonder if her look really changed that much in 1 year, of if they specifically looked for pictures where she looked either different or the same, depending on the context.

Maybe someone like Tara could answer this better, but that was right around the time she moved to LA, and with that comes huge change. Could be relevant, or maybe not. *cue informational post by more seasoned Katycat*

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline waveskat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • this my bella she is a katy cat
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »
thanks for the you tube smackyou2s i love when she makes her fans happy

Offline AilenBones

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
Hollywood guys. It's a movie

↑ he's right.

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.