Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 06:37:17 PM

Author Topic: Concert scenes in Part of Me  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Concert scenes in Part of Me
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
The fact that they changed so many things in the film and just bent the truth a bit so many times is what makes me just not like the film. I didn't notice the Brazil/Birmingham thing but following the CDT from start to finish you notice so many other things, and the fact that I know that there are so many not-quite-true things in it makes me take everything else in the film with a pinch of salt and makes me feel like it's quite possible not the full truth, which just makes it unenjoyable for me tbh.

They may have taken liberties, but I seriously doubt that it includes anything that is seriously false.

Also the fact that she made it so annoyingly 5-year-old friendly and they pitched up the sound and made her sound like she talks. But yeah, it is a Hollywood movie.

What do you mean?

How did she sing in Birmingham? Exactly the way in the movie, at least during "TOTGA"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLA4RtXErw :)

I think I saw some songs like Firework and thought she sounded a little rough if that has anything to do with it. But you know how she always sounds better when you're in the room with her.

Firework seems to be a very difficult song for her to sing, but there is probably no other singer that can sing it as well as her.

I also have another theory (I am not looking for a flame war, just giving a theory): maybe in some of the cities that she wanted to show footage for, she was maybe smoking on camera, and since she didn't want to be shown smoking in her movie, she maybe substituted it for footage in cities where she was not smoking.

:eyes:

Just out of curiosity, why did you quote my post and not respond to it?

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »
My my my !! Nice job, detectives !!
Seriously, i drank it like sweet juice without questionning it when i saw it... But i still think it shows the woman's strenght, may it be chronologically or not. She still performed after this specific meltdown, wether it be in Sao Paulo or Birmingham.
And yes, it's a MOVIE, and i don't recall it being presented as a documentary, which would have meant it was all truth ? Was it ? Serious question, not rethorical. And if it WAS presented as a movie, like you said, they edited parts of it as to fit a storyline, that was not present at the begining of the tour. Like a movie. It was hours and hours of filming, that had to be presented in a 2 hours max format.
Last thing : Katy has decision power in EVERYTHING she does. I seriously doubt she wasn't aware of this editing parts process.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:15 PM »

They may have taken liberties, but I seriously doubt that it includes anything that is seriously false.
Yes, that's why I was careful to avoid the word 'lie' and said things like 'not quite true' instead.
Also the fact that she made it so annoyingly 5-year-old friendly and they pitched up the sound and made her sound like she talks. But yeah, it is a Hollywood movie.
-
What do you mean?
Sorry, I fucked up the end of that sentence. They certainly censored the movie and for the most part made it very Disney-friendly and I didn't like that. Also, they made the sound in the movie slightly high-pitched (you can definitely hear this when they show the performances of songs) and it made Katy sound like an overly cheerful 5-year-old when she talked... a little thing but it got on my nerves.

Firework seems to be a very difficult song for her to sing, but there is probably no other singer that can sing it as well as her.
I mean rougher than usual
I also have another theory (I am not looking for a flame war, just giving a theory): maybe in some of the cities that she wanted to show footage for, she was maybe smoking on camera, and since she didn't want to be shown smoking in her movie, she maybe substituted it for footage in cities where she was not smoking.

:eyes:

Just out of curiosity, why did you quote my post and not respond to it?
Because you said yourself that you didn't want an argument, so I decided to casually state my opinion on that with a quick emoticon rather than responding with something that could potentially start one.

And sorry if I seem like I'm complaining but it makes it 10x harder to answer to your posts when you break up quotes like this (I had to do it because it's the only way I could really respond after you did it), we usually just make one quote section for each post, if even that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:15:43 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
Sorry, I fucked up the end of that sentence. They certainly censored the movie and for the most part made it very Disney-friendly and I didn't like that. Also, they made the sound in the movie slightly high-pitched (you can definitely hear this when they show the performances of songs) and it made Katy sound like an overly cheerful 5-year-old when she talked... a little thing but it got on my nerves.

Are you saying that they changed the pitch of her singing and speaking?  Strange.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »

Are you saying that they changed the pitch of her singing and speaking?  Strange.
Yes, the overall pitch of the movie is higher. Whether it was done on purpose or not I'm not sure but it sometimes just happens.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline Icypole

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 03:12:59 AM »
I think it was probably done so people who aren't huge fans can follow a story line.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »
I had my M&G the night of the Birmingham show, so when we all figured it out that it could potentially be Birmingham I had a slight breakdown. Its amazing how she still went ahead with the Show & meet and greets even though she felt so low... shes amazing!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
Seriously, i drank it like sweet juice without questionning it when i saw it... But i still think it shows the woman's strenght, may it be chronologically or not. She still performed after this specific meltdown, wether it be in Sao Paulo or Birmingham.
And yes, it's a MOVIE, and i don't recall it being presented as a documentary, which would have meant it was all truth ? Was it ? Serious question, not rethorical. And if it WAS presented as a movie, like you said, they edited parts of it as to fit a storyline, that was not present at the begining of the tour. Like a movie. It was hours and hours of filming, that had to be presented in a 2 hours max format.
Last thing : Katy has decision power in EVERYTHING she does. I seriously doubt she wasn't aware of this editing parts process.

I think this sums it up.
The only thing which doesn't make sense to me is the storyline of this thread, can somebody even explain what they're working so deep and hard on, and what exactly they're trying to prove?
If you don't enjoy the film, don't watch it, LOL

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

I think this sums it up.
The only thing which doesn't make sense to me is the storyline of this thread, can somebody even explain what they're working so deep and hard on, and what exactly they're trying to prove?
The're trying to prove the truth. It's just a hobby and some people find it interesting, so why not?

@contraduncan

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »

I think this sums it up.
The're trying to prove the truth. It's just a hobby and some people find it interesting, so why not?
Some people like to over-analyse stuff.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 09:35:28 PM »
It was more that I was just trying to verify my memory of the movie.  I didn't realize it was as complex as it was.

Does anyone have a link to the scene where she sang Not Like the Movies?  My wife and I both distinctly remember her struggling to sing that song when she was going through a difficult time in her life.  It was the first time either of us had heard that song, and I remember my wife whispering to me that this song does not work for her voice.  But I then defended her and said that ordinarily, she would probably sing it beautifully.  Ironically, her voice in that song (at least the studio version) is one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
NLTM is very vocal focused. The one in the movie is from LA (Nov 22 or 23, 2011)... which were the LAST 2  of the whole tour. If struggling is indeed what she was doing, I think it was simply cuz she was exhausted, her voice was exhausted, ect. Listening to a fan video on YT... bit of a shaky start but the rest sounds AMAZING. :)

Oh, hey, I found the actual part from KP3D, haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFdM2H05Udw

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:38 AM »
NLTM is very vocal focused. The one in the movie is from LA (Nov 22 or 23, 2011)... which were the LAST 2  of the whole tour. If struggling is indeed what she was doing, I think it was simply cuz she was exhausted, her voice was exhausted, ect. Listening to a fan video on YT... bit of a shaky start but the rest sounds AMAZING. :)

Oh, hey, I found the actual part from KP3D, haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFdM2H05Udw

Thanks for posting that!  She sounded so beautiful!!!!  I wonder why my wife and I both remembered her struggling with that song?  Was there another time that she sang it in the movie where she did struggle?

Every time I hear that song, I have to wonder, why did she not promote it as a single?  Of any of her songs, I think this is the one that most shows off the beauty of her voice.  It frustrates me so much how so many people think that Katy has a weak voice that lacks range (though they usually concede that it does have a pleasant sound) and that her songs are silly, when they are unaware that this song even exists.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:19 AM »
Its crazy, who needs Sherlock Holmes when you've got KatyCats ;)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 01:18:26 AM »

Thanks for posting that!  She sounded so beautiful!!!!  I wonder why my wife and I both remembered her struggling with that song?  Was there another time that she sang it in the movie where she did struggle?

Every time I hear that song, I have to wonder, why did she not promote it as a single?  Of any of her songs, I think this is the one that most shows off the beauty of her voice.  It frustrates me so much how so many people think that Katy has a weak voice that lacks range (though they usually concede that it does have a pleasant sound) and that her songs are silly, when they are unaware that this song even exists.

I'm still curious if there was another time in the movie where she sang that song, and maybe struggled.  I discussed it with my wife, and we have 2 theories as to why we both incorrectly remembered her struggling:

1. Maybe since we did not at the time know what it was supposed to sound like.

2. Maybe given the context, we had expected her to struggle?