Author Topic: Prismatic Tour Presales  (Read 16412 times)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
Re: Prismatic Tour Presales
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
The thing is. Only 25% of tickets are allowed to be sold though presales. The other 75% must be sold through the general on sale. But because everyone got the presale code, most people that would buy from the onsale bought through presale.

If this is correct, there should be lots of tickets available Monday morning then.

Trust me it is. The good news is that since a lot of the general public bought them today, then theoretically the demand on Monday should be slightly less. I think they did it strategically to figure out if they should add more dates and make them available by the general on sale.

I hope you're right!  :katycat1: I got nosebleed balcony seats for the original Boston show but I would looooove floor seats (RS is unlikely, in my opinion) for the 2nd Boston show!!! Holding out for Monday at 10am  :katycat2:
I thought it was stupid that Katy made the facebook presale code public. I thought they would email the code to those who joined the event.

Also, I've heard some nightmare stories about how many concerts are practically sold out by the time the credit card presales ended. Which is what happened today. Many dates were practically sold out by the time facebook and bundle presale began.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:47:17 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • www.yoppappop.com
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »
i REALLY think all the good seats were NOT in the pre-sale, of any kind (Facebook, bundle, Citi, etc.), that would not be a good move in my opinion (or maybe some better seats in the bundle since it was coming with the album, but still). It's only a pre-sale, and the general public sale would be tanking if all the good seats had been sold out through pre-sales, they have to keep the people interested, to maintain a certain level of anticipation and excitement. Just my opinion.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »
i REALLY think all the good seats were NOT in the pre-sale, of any kind (Facebook, bundle, Citi, etc.), that would not be a good move in my opinion (or maybe some better seats in the bundle since it was coming with the album, but still). It's only a pre-sale, and the general public sale would be tanking if all the good seats had been sold out through pre-sales, they have to keep the people interested, to maintain a certain level of anticipation and excitement. Just my opinion.
You could be right :) For CDT I had really good seats with general sale.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline Fireworker123

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • After a hurricane comes a rainbow
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

Yes. Thats probably the case. Sounds logic.

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:36 PM »

Yes. Thats probably the case. Sounds logic.
I really hope it's true cause I'm taking the chance to wait for the general sale

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline cinematicandramatic

• Got a Bloody Knee
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »
This is really true... I guess I'm just anxious and when I'm anxious I get a little aggravated  :eyes:  :-*

7.20.11 my teenage dream

Offline Goldie

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
GA tickets keep popping up at my venue in the Platinum Seats section for ~$230 and I'm wondering if I should just get them just to have some - Stubhub and other places already have them listed for double the price... I just realized I can't try on Monday because I won't be able to... thoughts?  :angelpop:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:57:58 PM by Goldie »

Offline cinematicandramatic

• Got a Bloody Knee
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »
GA tickets keep popping up at my venue in the Platinum Seats section for ~$230 and I'm wondering if I should just get them just to have some - Stubhub and other places already have them listed for double the price... I just realized I can't try on Monday because I won't be able to... thoughts?  :angelpop:

I'm in a similar dilemma, but I think I'm leaning towards chancing it again (I say again because I had basically 3rd row seats for $118 but chanced it for the RS seats with the bundle pre-sale) on Monday because I think there is a good chance I may be able to get the RS. What show are you going to?

7.20.11 my teenage dream

Offline Goldie

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

I'm in a similar dilemma, but I think I'm leaning towards chancing it again (I say again because I had basically 3rd row seats for $118 but chanced it for the RS seats with the bundle pre-sale) on Monday because I think there is a good chance I may be able to get the RS. What show are you going to?

New Orleans on Oct. 8. I would chance it again but I will be in court on Monday at 10 and there aren't even phones allowed in there so I can't try again  :emobanana:

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »

New Orleans on Oct. 8. I would chance it again but I will be in court on Monday at 10 and there aren't even phones allowed in there so I can't try again  :emobanana:
If you don't mind paying extra do Platinum. $230 doesn't sound that bad to be honest.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline Goldie

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »

If you don't mind paying extra do Platinum. $230 doesn't sound that bad to be honest.

Well I minded a little bit but I don't really have another option - plus there's plenty of time for opportunities (aka radio contests, giveaways, etc) to buy cheaper or sell mine if I need to, but I just want to have them for now!! Woohoo I'm in the Reflection Section yawl!  :flowerpower: :angelpop: :firework: :mrmystery:

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2014, 04:23:41 PM »

Well I minded a little bit but I don't really have another option - plus there's plenty of time for opportunities (aka radio contests, giveaways, etc) to buy cheaper or sell mine if I need to, but I just want to have them for now!! Woohoo I'm in the Reflection Section yawl!  :flowerpower: :angelpop: :firework: :mrmystery:
I've seen RS section tickets on Stubhub for $1000 already.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
I'm completely let down. Was on at exactly 10:00, and it told me to wait 3 minutes. When it finished the 3 minutes, the best seats it gave me were in the third price level! Unbelievable. Hopefully I can get RS or floor seats on Monday. I had been waiting all week for this morning, I made sure I was at a computer, went way out of my way. Absolutely stunned.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/10/14 Houston, TX
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@FLApfkp

Offline hbiemiller

• U think you're a Genius!
  • So you wanna play with magic?
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »
The thing is. Only 25% of tickets are allowed to be sold though presales. The other 75% must be sold through the general on sale. But because everyone got the presale code, most people that would buy from the onsale bought through presale.

If this is correct, there should be lots of tickets available Monday morning then.

Trust me it is. The good news is that since a lot of the general public bought them today, then theoretically the demand on Monday should be slightly less. I think they did it strategically to figure out if they should add more dates and make them available by the general on sale.

I hope you're right!  :katycat1: I got nosebleed balcony seats for the original Boston show but I would looooove floor seats (RS is unlikely, in my opinion) for the 2nd Boston show!!! Holding out for Monday at 10am  :katycat2:
I thought it was stupid that Katy made the facebook presale code public. I thought they would email the code to those who joined the event.

Also, I've heard some nightmare stories about how many concerts are practically sold out by the time the credit card presales ended. Which is what happened today. Many dates were practically sold out by the time facebook and bundle presale began.

They can't sell everything before general sale, they hold a specific amount of tickets for the presale, so if you haven't gotten tickets yet don't give up, just make sure you are on right at 10 AM to get them!

Offline hbiemiller

• U think you're a Genius!
  • So you wanna play with magic?
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
This is really true... I guess I'm just anxious and when I'm anxious I get a little aggravated  :eyes:  :-*

The best thing to do is stay positive! Just trust that you will be able to get tickets!