Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 61728 times)

Offline hungryhippo

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #1215 on: July 19, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
I have read through a few replies and the response to the RS seems to be mixed. Anyhow, I thought I would share my experience. First of all, I will would have to say that if you want the best view overall, that is to see the entire stage spectacle, I would personally say that you should aim for center floor seating, nearest to front row as possible. However, for an up-close, intimate experience, the RS is the way to go. No matter how you look at it, the RS gets you closer to the stage, and provides the best viewing experience for most of the show. But as others previously mentioned, Katy does have her back turned for the acoustic set and portions of some songs. I would estimate about 15-20% of the time she has her back turned to the RS.

I don't know if this is the same for all shows, but the venue I attended had professional videographers positioned around the stage with a live feed displayed on two huge screens. Likewise, the sections of the show where Katy wasn't facing the RS, you were able to look up at the screens to see what was going on, so it was fine.

In terms of best positioning, honestly, I don't know if there was a 'best spot'. She split the show about 50/50 on the main stage and the tip, so it was hard to judge. I would recommend moving around during the concert to find the best place that suits where Katy is performing. I agree with previous comments about the elevated Main Stage, that is to say if you were directly up against the stage, you probably won't see anything due to its height. Standing back a ways is a far better option.  However, there are three things should be noted. Firstly, Katy reached out to people the RS at the tip and only a little bit on the Catwalk sides, so if you wish to get a handshake from Katy, the tip would be the best place to do so. Secondly, Katy stopped along the Catwalk for a selfie with someone in the RS, thus finding a spot on the edges would increase your chance of this occurring. Lastly, in regards to questions about fan letters/gifts, from what I saw, Katy only accepted them herself (I assume staff members can forward them for you regardless of seating around the venue) in the RS. If you are wanting to hand Katy something, the best area is the tip of the sides of the Catwalk nearest to the tip. There are a few instances where she gathered fan items, so don't be too stressed if you miss out the first time Katy collects things. All this said, there is plenty of room and not too many people rushed; just find what is best for you!

To sum up, I loved the experience and would recommend it to others. The RS provides a great opportunity for fans, just like any other up-close seating experience a concert provides. However, nothing is perfect and it is all down to opinion, so each to their own, I guess! Have fun!

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #1216 on: July 19, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
I have read through a few replies and the response to the RS seems to be mixed. Anyhow, I thought I would share my experience. First of all, I will would have to say that if you want the best view overall, that is to see the entire stage spectacle, I would personally say that you should aim for center floor seating, nearest to front row as possible. However, for an up-close, intimate experience, the RS is the way to go. No matter how you look at it, the RS gets you closer to the stage, and provides the best viewing experience for most of the show. But as others previously mentioned, Katy does have her back turned for the acoustic set and portions of some songs. I would estimate about 15-20% of the time she has her back turned to the RS.

I don't know if this is the same for all shows, but the venue I attended had professional videographers positioned around the stage with a live feed displayed on two huge screens. Likewise, the sections of the show where Katy wasn't facing the RS, you were able to look up at the screens to see what was going on, so it was fine.

In terms of best positioning, honestly, I don't know if there was a 'best spot'. She split the show about 50/50 on the main stage and the tip, so it was hard to judge. I would recommend moving around during the concert to find the best place that suits where Katy is performing. I agree with previous comments about the elevated Main Stage, that is to say if you were directly up against the stage, you probably won't see anything due to its height. Standing back a ways is a far better option.  However, there are three things should be noted. Firstly, Katy reached out to people the RS at the tip and only a little bit on the Catwalk sides, so if you wish to get a handshake from Katy, the tip would be the best place to do so. Secondly, Katy stopped along the Catwalk for a selfie with someone in the RS, thus finding a spot on the edges would increase your chance of this occurring. Lastly, in regards to questions about fan letters/gifts, from what I saw, Katy only accepted them herself (I assume staff members can forward them for you regardless of seating around the venue) in the RS. If you are wanting to hand Katy something, the best area is the tip of the sides of the Catwalk nearest to the tip. There are a few instances where she gathered fan items, so don't be too stressed if you miss out the first time Katy collects things. All this said, there is plenty of room and not too many people rushed; just find what is best for you!

To sum up, I loved the experience and would recommend it to others. The RS provides a great opportunity for fans, just like any other up-close seating experience a concert provides. However, nothing is perfect and it is all down to opinion, so each to their own, I guess! Have fun!

this was perfect! thank you :)

Offline Canadasakura

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1217 on: July 19, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »
This is super fantastic and good to know!  :thumbzup:

this was perfect! thank you :)

Offline mattdrobins

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
GA (General Admission) VS RS (Reflections Section)
« Reply #1218 on: July 20, 2014, 02:46:36 AM »
Can someone please tell me the difference between GA and RS.  I have GA tickets to Salt Lake City Utah September 29th, and I'm wondering if these tickets are in the PRISM or outside it? Thanks in advance!! Also where is the best place to stand GA?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: GA (General Admission) VS RS (Reflections Section)
« Reply #1219 on: July 20, 2014, 03:56:13 AM »
In the US and Canada, GA and RS are the same thing as the RS is the only place in the arena with General Admission (GA) standing, everywhere else in the arena is seated, so yes, you are in RS.

But outside of the US and Canada the entire floor (in and out of RS) is standing, so then we refer to the standing area outside of RS as GA, and then we just call the RS 'RS'.

I know it can be confusing, basically for you RS and GA are just two different names for the same thing. Not sure where the best place to stand is as I wasn't in RS, but I think people are saying the back is best.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #1220 on: July 20, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »

This is a great read, probably one of the best reviews of RS I've seen! Good job  :thumbzup:
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline Destinyboston

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
Or the first couple rows in the pit exist?

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
GA pit is all the same -- inside the triangle of the stage.

First come, first serve, yes.

$299 would be the VIP package which includes early entry and some merch.
$170 is just regular... you get in when venue doors open, no merch.

:)

Offline *ali*

• Lost Control
  • #3,121
« Reply #1223 on: July 31, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »
Where exactly do you get the wristbands for RS? Do you check into an area? Or is it given to you when you get your ticket scanned? I only have RS tickets and not a bundle, so I'm not sure what to expect.
// 6.18.11 \\
// 8.1.14 \\
Boston

comoxvalleylawncare

« Reply #1224 on: July 31, 2014, 12:56:26 AM »
Where exactly do you get the wristbands for RS? Do you check into an area? Or is it given to you when you get your ticket scanned? I only have RS tickets and not a bundle, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I have been wondering this exact same thing.  I sent a friend request to a friend of a friend of a friends brother (I think hes cool)  lol  and he gave me one of these darn wrist band things but it was too small it has something to do with SIZING you have to get the band to the correct size.  Its a difficult process I have been around a bit and bouncers have sized me up before so I know what I am talking about on this one.  Any who I wish I could help more I couldn't enter darn them.   It was too small but I tried explaining to them how if my blind date was here that size wouldn't matter but they wouldn't listen to anything I had to say and out I went. 

hiccup....

Any who I am being advised by my brother in laws brother of a friend of a friend of a imaginary friend of a brother of a church group that I might just be too transparent to attend another one of these things.  Im contacting my lawyer tommoro we have to discuss a bunch of pain related stuccos. 

Oh god did I blow it....

Any who I tried reinforcing I know you don't want to hear this ,  but yeah I wanted a hug too.  Then I fell off the top section gruesome stuff really the dome started coming down and what the heck was I talking about before I tapered off here?

So Im guessing that the 88 friends of mine are a bit to rowdy for this thing?

hiccup I tried to buy a beer and slice of pizza for her I wish I could attend.  hiccup..... wow thats good ginger ale.  YUou still on bro?

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #1225 on: July 31, 2014, 04:49:25 AM »

I have been wondering this exact same thing.  I sent a friend request to a friend of a friend of a friends brother (I think hes cool)  lol  and he gave me one of these darn wrist band things but it was too small it has something to do with SIZING you have to get the band to the correct size.  Its a difficult process I have been around a bit and bouncers have sized me up before so I know what I am talking about on this one.  Any who I wish I could help more I couldn't enter darn them.   It was too small but I tried explaining to them how if my blind date was here that size wouldn't matter but they wouldn't listen to anything I had to say and out I went. 

hiccup....

Any who I am being advised by my brother in laws brother of a friend of a friend of a imaginary friend of a brother of a church group that I might just be too transparent to attend another one of these things.  Im contacting my lawyer tommoro we have to discuss a bunch of pain related stuccos. 

Oh god did I blow it....

Any who I tried reinforcing I know you don't want to hear this ,  but yeah I wanted a hug too.  Then I fell off the top section gruesome stuff really the dome started coming down and what the heck was I talking about before I tapered off here?

hiccup I tried to buy a beer and slice of pizza for her I wish I could attend.  hiccup..... wow thats good ginger ale.  YUou still on bro?
Are you on drugs?  ??? :eyes:
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #1226 on: July 31, 2014, 05:02:49 AM »

hiccup....

Oh god did I blow it....

Quite possibly... he's been posting shit all over the forum all day and sent me a weird PM. Trying to provoke a reaction out of people :eyes:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline candykappers

• Wannabe
  • i AM enough
« Reply #1227 on: July 31, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
Hi all - I'm new, so sorry for any like mistakes or anything! Been a KatyCat for a while but just not that active on the internet until recently.

So I got tickets for Katy in Boston on Saturday (her second show there), and my tickets are for "GA PIT" so I think that means the reflection section. Does anyone else have tickets for TD Garden?? I got my tickets on stubhub so I think they're pretty safe but IDK because TD Garden is weird and could have RS separate from others in the pit. Also I don't have a package so I'm not sure when to get there? Or what entrance to use but I'm sure people at TD Garden can help with that.

I CAN'T WAIT IM SO EXCITED~~~ this is my first time seeing her!!!! She's never been in my hometown the same time I was before!

xoxo candice
#thisishowwedo

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #1228 on: July 31, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »

hiccup....

Oh god did I blow it....

Quite possibly... he's been posting shit all over the forum all day and sent me a weird PM. Trying to provoke a reaction out of people :eyes:
I'm trying to figure this wacko out. I searched Comox Valley Lawn Care and found their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comox-Valley-Lawn-Care/143025622532500 Very strange man :-/

Offline *ali*

• Lost Control
  • #3,121
« Reply #1229 on: July 31, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »

hiccup....

Oh god did I blow it....

I'm trying to figure this wacko out. I searched Comox Valley Lawn Care and found their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comox-Valley-Lawn-Care/143025622532500 Very strange man :-/

uh.. I have absolutely no idea what any of that means lol. Can someone give me a heads up on how RS works? Would be greatly appreciated :)
// 6.18.11 \\
// 8.1.14 \\
Boston