Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 59523 times)

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katy's music inspires me like no other music does.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #1200 on: July 18, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
Oh, we won't even get to the state before noon I think. XD I'll just be crossing my fingers that arriving at around 3:00 will hopefully allow me to grab a stage standing spot.
that's pretty much what i'm doing, too since we are traveling to another state for our show, too. good luck!

Yay, out-of-staters! :D

OK, here's my honest and true opinion of Reflection Section......... it sucks. Now stop freaking out and keep reading.

At first I thought the tip of the triangle (end of catwalk) would be awful, but I made a huge mistake. I was at the front stage and didn't like it at all. The main stage was super high and she didn't pay attention to anyone in the pit when she was up front. She was more focused on hitting her marks and dance steps. The tip of the triangle got you "closer than ever before" to her, fine w.e, but you still faced her back a lot. STILL I'd say to the kittens to try and get to the tip of the Reflection Section for the best experience.

In my opinion, people with floor seats got better views/experience than those in Reflection Section which really dissapointed me. They made such a huge deal about it, but by the end of both nights of me seeing her (in GA first night and in 200's second) I really with I just had floor tickets. Everyone just goes to the barrier anyways and she's just as close as in Reflection Section PLUS she's waaaayyyyyy more interactive and focused on fans when she's at the tip of the catwalk.

Still an amazing experience in all, loved the show, I was still super close a lot of the time (could see her butt checks half the time since she was so high on stage, gurls been working out). Still wish I had floor tickets in the end though...

Yeah, I did watch a few videos and it's depressing that when she is at the tip of the triangle that she is usually facing with her back to the RS. :\ Yet the moments that she does interact with the RS seem so much more worth it to watch her backside for a couple of minutes. I also noticed in one video how much higher the stage is towards the base of the RS triangle - it didn't look worth it. Thanks for your input and at least you had a good time! :)

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #1201 on: July 18, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »
OK, here's my honest and true opinion of Reflection Section......... it sucks. Now stop freaking out and keep reading.

At first I thought the tip of the triangle (end of catwalk) would be awful, but I made a huge mistake. I was at the front stage and didn't like it at all. The main stage was super high and she didn't pay attention to anyone in the pit when she was up front. She was more focused on hitting her marks and dance steps. The tip of the triangle got you "closer than ever before" to her, fine w.e, but you still faced her back a lot. STILL I'd say to the kittens to try and get to the tip of the Reflection Section for the best experience.

In my opinion, people with floor seats got better views/experience than those in Reflection Section which really dissapointed me. They made such a huge deal about it, but by the end of both nights of me seeing her (in GA first night and in 200's second) I really with I just had floor tickets. Everyone just goes to the barrier anyways and she's just as close as in Reflection Section PLUS she's waaaayyyyyy more interactive and focused on fans when she's at the tip of the catwalk.

Still an amazing experience in all, loved the show, I was still super close a lot of the time (could see her butt checks half the time since she was so high on stage, gurls been working out). Still wish I had floor tickets in the end though...

thank you for this!!! I mean, at least we know what to expect when we are in RS now from all these reviews. I already expected to see her back most of the time when you consider that the stage is all around you. So I know that that is going to bum me out a little, but since I am going two nights and one is regular seats and the other is RS I'm not so bothered by the idea of only seeing the back of her. but if I had only RS tickets, it would kind of stink

Offline KatyCatTorzee

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #1202 on: July 18, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »
Reading all this bad stuff about RS, I'm worried because my instincts tell me to go to the front of the stage. It's making me anxious :(

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline ChrisB

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #1203 on: July 18, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »
RS was great i wouldnt want to be anywere else in the building yeah i saw her back for 20 minutes but i was like 1 feet from her so many times

Offline aliahdance

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1204 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:20 PM »

I partly agree with this. My experience in RS didn't completely suck, but I was definitely disappointed with the layout of the staging. I wish there would've only been one stage. I knew it was going to be different than the CDT stage, but I wish it had been similar to that one, in that there was only one stage area (from what I remember).
She didn't interact at all with the people at the tip of the main stage.

Yes, she does spend the whole acoustic set (and some other parts) at the tip of the prism where the two catwalks meet. I am happy that I had RS tickets though, and that I was at the tip of the main stage - I wouldn't have wanted to be elsewhere and I was really close to her when she performed on the main stage.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #1205 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
This whole "seeing the back of Katy" thing has my mind racing. Cuz really, tip or main stage, you're seeing the back of her at the exact same moments...

*shrug*

Offline kittykatyjess

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Let the Light In.
« Reply #1206 on: July 18, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »
I honestly dont know where i want to be for reflection section. ahaha. does she only take letters from people in RS?
because legends never die.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #1207 on: July 18, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »

Although I can see your experience from your point of view I find it completely natural that the woman concentrates on her singing and choreography and not mainly on 'interacting' with the few people in front of her stage. Katy isn't there to provide a social evening for the two hundred people in the RS but to deliver a hugely produced and strenuous to perform show for all the fifteen thousand or so guests. She may be more interacting during the acoustic section because it is then technically possible to be so whereas during the performance on the main stage, due to its nature, it is not.
People always underestimate what it's like to be onstage and performing there, particularly performing such a choreographed show as the PWT one which needs to function like clockwork throughout. If Katy paid too much attention on looking for every loophole for keeping up eye contact and handshakes the whole show would fall apart.
Most people in the world who sing find it too distracting to even look at an individual member of an audience while singing through a song by heart, while Katy does a lot more than just singing the song, and interacts with the audience on occasions individually.
I've been to the RS in England three times, and after that I bought a ticket to go back to the RS in Germany next year. Yes, Katy's position there during the acoustic section is kind of a 'problem' perhaps, but a totally minor one compared to the whole experience. And Katy has to sing to the fifteen thousand, not the two hundred alone, hence she's got her back to us for some time.
Personally, I prefer to be close to the main stage because I'm so near her there and see her fantastic, to me really 'jaw dropping' way of performing so close up. Like SmackU pointed out, during the acoustic section you stand behind her back anyway, no matter where. And you can move freely and leisurely through the whole pit, nobody needs to be rooted to one spot, unlike outside at the barrier. Maybe the reason why I'm not so disappointed about the RS is that I never had the same impossible expectations of it like so many people seemed to have. Katy ever said very little about the reflection section. The whole big deal about it was made up by fans, not her.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #1208 on: July 18, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
I honestly dont know where i want to be for reflection section. ahaha. does she only take letters from people in RS?
I'm not sure either... at first I wanted to just be in front of the main stage, given that we won't see much of her from the front during the acoustic section anyway, then I was going to go tip from reading everyone else's stories, but now I'm thinking I might try and get a spot on the right catwalk.... decisions decisions :flowerpower: I've got seating for my first show so at least I can get an idea MYSELF from what I see that night, then make my mind up for RS!

Btw, I've probably asked this before but are you from Aus? What show/s are going to??
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #1209 on: July 19, 2014, 03:46:51 AM »

Although I can see your experience from your point of view I find it completely natural that the woman concentrates on her singing and choreography and not mainly on 'interacting' with the few people in front of her stage. Katy isn't there to provide a social evening for the two hundred people in the RS but to deliver a hugely produced and strenuous to perform show for all the fifteen thousand or so guests. She may be more interacting during the acoustic section because it is then technically possible to be so whereas during the performance on the main stage, due to its nature, it is not.
People always underestimate what it's like to be onstage and performing there, particularly performing such a choreographed show as the PWT one which needs to function like clockwork throughout. If Katy paid too much attention on looking for every loophole for keeping up eye contact and handshakes the whole show would fall apart.
Most people in the world who sing find it too distracting to even look at an individual member of an audience while singing through a song by heart, while Katy does a lot more than just singing the song, and interacts with the audience on occasions individually.
I've been to the RS in England three times, and after that I bought a ticket to go back to the RS in Germany next year. Yes, Katy's position there during the acoustic section is kind of a 'problem' perhaps, but a totally minor one compared to the whole experience. And Katy has to sing to the fifteen thousand, not the two hundred alone, hence she's got her back to us for some time.
Personally, I prefer to be close to the main stage because I'm so near her there and see her fantastic, to me really 'jaw dropping' way of performing so close up. Like SmackU pointed out, during the acoustic section you stand behind her back anyway, no matter where. And you can move freely and leisurely through the whole pit, nobody needs to be rooted to one spot, unlike outside at the barrier. Maybe the reason why I'm not so disappointed about the RS is that I never had the same impossible expectations of it like so many people seemed to have. Katy ever said very little about the reflection section. The whole big deal about it was made up by fans, not her.

Totally agree with everything you said!

I loved the RS, I was on the right-side catwalk and I could clearly see everything and she was so close! Yeah, you see her back for the acoustic set and other parts of the show... but she's not performing the show just for me, it's also for 15,000 other people. Just have fun and enjoy the show!  :frolickingghost:
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline peculiarethan

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
Reflection Section Question
« Reply #1210 on: July 19, 2014, 07:15:42 AM »
How early should I line up for reflection section if I want front row? Or just a good standing place in general? Also, I bought my reflection section tickets off stubhub and they say VIP1... What does that mean? Thank you!

Offline CastlesCrumbling

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
« Reply #1211 on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »
Reading all this bad stuff about RS, I'm worried because my instincts tell me to go to the front of the stage. It's making me anxious :(

I was stood nearer the main stage, but next to the side of the Prism, and I had a wonderful time. Yes, you get her back during the acoustic section, part of California Gurls, part of Teenage Dream, but you also get a lot of her front. I found that she does most of the first half on the main stage, and most of the second part at the tip. She's constantly moving, it's not like she's just standing there, plus you can move in the RS. In my opinion, don't stress, you'll have a great time no matter where you are in there  :)

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1212 on: July 19, 2014, 11:48:18 AM »

I loved the RS, I was on the right-side catwalk and I could clearly see everything and she was so close! Yeah, you see her back for the acoustic set and other parts of the show... but she's not performing the show just for me, it's also for 15,000 other people. Just have fun and enjoy the show!  :frolickingghost:
[/quote]

I have RS for one show in Vancouver and Floor Row 11 right by the catwalk for the second show, so i might have the best of both worlds. But I do have to add to what you said. Yes she is not performing for just you. But If you look at the arenas from the tip of the RS to the main stage there are six sections of people "on each side" of the arena  in the stands that also have to look at the back of Katy for alot of the show.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
Re: Reflection Section Question
« Reply #1213 on: July 19, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
How early should I line up for reflection section if I want front row? Or just a good standing place in general? Also, I bought my reflection section tickets off stubhub and they say VIP1... What does that mean? Thank you!
I arrived at all the arenas for RS in the evening just before the doors opened. Then I got my RS wristband, followed the marked route past several security staff, and strolled around the RS wherever I liked, the front, the back, it didn't matter.
I sat down on the floor at first every time and relaxed, looking around, that way I met Katy's bass guitarist in there and gave him my present for Katy. I met him again the following night while fetching a bottle of water after the opening act and walking back to the RS, which is the same way as walking under the stage. Security make sure you don't walk backstage 'by mistake'.
There is no point in queuing up for hours, you can leave and come back, and walk around in there the whole time.
In the RS you're one of a few people on the floor who don't need to stress over anything at all, everything is relaxed.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #1214 on: July 19, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
Relax!  :) It only happens if you expect it to be something which it isn't (the Katy Perry social club, no). The RS is fine, with an open mind you'll have a fantastic time there. And yes, at the front of the stage is amazing during the first half.