Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 51445 times)

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #1155 on: July 15, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »
No one from RS gets called up on stage, and I bet no one will. Theirs now way to, as theirs no steps in RS to get up. The security was inside the pit with us lol one on each side I think. She does selfies on the sides, touched side people a little I think (it was hard to see), and touched people twice on the acoustic stage. She calls people from the floor audience on the stage, but from vids I've seen it's only one (kid usually), and adult/ older teen for birthday. This tour is very choreographed so she doesn't have tooooo much time to interact with fans like she use to, but if your on the sides of the cat wall or acoustic tip you have a chance :)

It's a shame that it's so limited really. Damn curfews I guess.
Hopefully someone from RS does get picked, I mean what if they have entered the birthday contest. I guess we'll wait and see :)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katy's music inspires me like no other music does.
« Reply #1156 on: July 15, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
Awh man. :( I was hoping, even though I know the chance is slim, to get called up on stage. Isn't the floor the one on the outside of the tip/catwalks? If you bought the RS VIP Package, don't you get floor seats out there?

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #1157 on: July 15, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
Awh man. :( I was hoping, even though I know the chance is slim, to get called up on stage. Isn't the floor the one on the outside of the tip/catwalks? If you bought the RS VIP Package, don't you get floor seats out there?

If you bought RS VIP you'll be in the RS pit. You're not outside. You're inside.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1158 on: July 15, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
Ah, thanks. :P I was just confused because my ticket says that I have a Section (GA Pit) but I also have a Row/Box and a Seat number.
I was like, "Wait, I thought the pit was... you know, a standing pit?" XD

I'm still stuck on where I want to stand though. :\ I'm leaning more towards the Acoustic Set/Main Stage instead of the tip of the two catwalks. I don't want to watch any ideas yet because I want to be surprised. XD

EDIT: Wait, now I'm confused at the stage layout.

The tip is basically what it sounds like, right? The part where the two catwalks meet at the end, right? And the place where she does the Acoustic Set/Main Stage is like where that little triangle is in the pit, right?

Yeah, I have way too many questions. Sorry. >.<  :katycat1:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:56:11 PM by Chromokitten »

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #1159 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
There are RS tickets now for my show tonight, I'm kind of disappointed that they are just available now, cause I already bought my ticket :( But I have good seats, at least, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see well and I'll be close enough to Katy :)

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #1160 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
Ah, thanks. :P I was just confused because my ticket says that I have a Section (GA Pit) but I also have a Row/Box and a Seat number.

I'm still stuck on where I want to stand though. :\ I'm leaning more towards the Acoustic Set/Main Stage instead of the tip of the two catwalks. I don't want to watch any ideas yet because I want to be surprised. XD

The tip is basically what it sounds like, right? The part where the two catwalks meet at the end, right? And the place where she does the Acoustic Set/Main Stage is like where that little triangle is in the pit, right?

What city is this photo from?? I never knew she'd already had shows with 2 different standing sections outside of RS, I thought that was meant to happen in like Europe but where did it happen already??

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #1161 on: July 15, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »

What city is this photo from?? I never knew she'd already had shows with 2 different standing sections outside of RS, I thought that was meant to happen in like Europe but where did it happen already??
If by 'two different standing sections' you mean the outer and inner crowd of people: those who are inside that pool in the centre are in the reflection section, and those who stand around the construction on the large floor outside it are in general standing. The acoustic section is on the left side of the pool  (opposite the main stage, which has a large screen in form of an upright triangle). Does that help, or did you mean something else?
Btw, during the six shows I saw in England, Katy never took people onto the stage, apart from the birthday boys and girls, and those don't count because they're scheduled, and part of the show.
I think that's right, the choreography is like a big clockwork throughout,  - there isn't any occasion for a lot of people dancing around on the stage really like I saw on footage of the previous tour. Maybe the PWT has become just bigger and somehow also less user friendly. All the interaction backstage etc I saw from before didn't exist either as far as I know.
I remember Katy saying in interviews she was going to take people (not one person) onstage, but I'm thinking of the possibility perhaps even she herself was for a long time not aware how little space for anything spontaneous this huge production would leave - I don't blame her for it if so, it is a fantastic overwhelming show, only it seems to be different in some ways from what everybody was used to - depends what people who were at her other shows say about that, because I wasn't there myself.   

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • Breathe & Believe <3 #3306 Crimson&Clover
« Reply #1162 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:06 PM »
^ couldn't have said it better. I agree. The show itself is amazing, don't get me wrong, I loved it. I just felt like something was missing. I use to loveeee the interaction she gave fans, and I def feel like it lacked in this show due to the choreography/schedule. This show was definitely her most amazing set up where everything was just perfectly set up with the fireworks and everything, but I think I'd honestly trade the dancers and all to get that amazing time with katy to interact more. That being said, I know she couldn't continue doing that with the fan base she has now. People no longer want a concert, they want a show. Katy definitely has both and they're both amazing.

As for thinking a RS will be put on stage, I can almost assure that wouldn't happen. It'd be way too dangerous for not only the person but the security guy that'd have to lift you as well. Theirs a descent sized gap from the stage and the floor. Also, she looks out on the audience when she picks for the pizza, never RS.

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 30, 2009 Atlantic City NJ front row! She held my hand :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgaqkHhcHo
June 19, 2011 I MET Katy! Newark
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1163 on: July 15, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Mouse, that's what I wanted to know! :) I think I'm going to try and stand in the area opposite the main stage then, where she does her Acoustic Set. My friend wants to give her a drawing so I want to be where she takes letter.

When she's doing her Acoustic Set does she face towards the RS or towards general standing or does she rotate to both?
Even if we don't get to meet her or give her our letter, my friend and I are still so excited! It's going to be amazing to see Katy! I mean, it is thee Katy Perry!  :pinkbow:

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #1164 on: July 15, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »

If by 'two different standing sections' you mean the outer and inner crowd of people: those who are inside that pool in the centre are in the reflection section, and those who stand around the construction on the large floor outside it are in general standing. The acoustic section is on the left side of the pool  (opposite the main stage, which has a large screen in form of an upright triangle). Does that help, or did you mean something else?
No that's not it, I know what RS is ha I mean the two separate standing sections outside of RS on the stage's exterior, there seems to be one standing section closer to the stage and another standing section further back, but both outside of RS. And I didn't think any shows had that setting yet so I was wondering which city it was.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1165 on: July 15, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »
Oh, I can't answer that. XD I just Googled Prismatic World Tour Reflection Section. :3

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #1166 on: July 15, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »
Oh, I can't answer that. XD I just Googled Prismatic World Tour Reflection Section. :3
Those people on the left in the photo who seem to be standing behind a barrier? I don't know, I'm only used to an ordinary floor space to move around in freely (outside the RS); not sure what that is, it was not like that in Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, or London (??).

Yes, I regret that I never experienced how things were 3 years ago. I'd have had the money but I was not well, physically. I bought 'the movie' on iTunes the year after it came out, and during the UK PWT I had that feeling, like literally, it's not like the movie  :lol: and it was a bit confusing. But I suppose, with Katy now being superstar instead of just pop singer we lost something and also gained something. I was also by no means disappointed, and loved the show exceedingly. Once I had four in one week, I couldn't have done that if it wasn't so amazing!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:08:57 PM by TheMouse »

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #1167 on: July 15, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
Found it, Belfast. 

@contraduncan

Offline AilenBones

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #1168 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »

Omg I really need be there. But first I need the dates for Argentina haha.

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #1169 on: July 15, 2014, 08:11:07 PM »

Btw, during the six shows I saw in England, Katy never took people onto the stage, apart from the birthday boys and girls, and those don't count because they're scheduled, and part of the show.
I think that's right, the choreography is like a big clockwork throughout,  - there isn't any occasion for a lot of people dancing around on the stage really like I saw on footage of the previous tour. Maybe the PWT has become just bigger and somehow also less user friendly. All the interaction backstage etc I saw from before didn't exist either as far as I know.
I remember Katy saying in interviews she was going to take people (not one person) onstage, but I'm thinking of the possibility perhaps even she herself was for a long time not aware how little space for anything spontaneous this huge production would leave - I don't blame her for it if so, it is a fantastic overwhelming show, only it seems to be different in some ways from what everybody was used to - depends what people who were at her other shows say about that, because I wasn't there myself.
Thank you! As amazing as the stage is, it has been kind of confusing to figure out!
Prism: let the light in