Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 61732 times)

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • Breathe & Believe <3 #3306 Crimson&Clover
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #1140 on: July 01, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »
honestly im so glad i got early entrance after seeing how crowded it gets! but my question is... does early entrance fill up quickly?!
kinda the same question I asked. It sounds like it's not that many EE for RS. :) your lulu tough because you don't have to burn outside waiting! Hehe

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 30, 2009 Atlantic City NJ front row! She held my hand :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgaqkHhcHo
June 19, 2011 I MET Katy! Newark
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1141 on: July 06, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
Hi guys! I went to the Atlanta show on Saturday night. First off the Reflection Section is amazing. It was so cool being in the middle of the stage and so close! You have to get a wristband, and walking in there makes you feel like you are going backstage :) The show was supposed to start at 7:30, and we got into the RS around 7 or shortly after. There weren't many people in there then, just people standing next to the outside touching the stage, the whole middle was pretty much empty. Capital Cities were the only opening act that I knew of, but Ferras played first starting around 7:05 or so. When Katy came on it got a lot more crowded, but never felt overly crowded or pushed. We watched at the front/middle of the stage about 2 people deep in the back, and loved it and was able to see everything, and I got some really amazing pictures when she was up there. It was so amazing and I wanna do it all over again...just wanted to share my experience  :strawberry:

does Katy actually spend the whole last half of the show at the tip of the RS? I hear she doesnt spend much time on the main stage at all after the acoustic set. Thanks for the info

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #1142 on: July 06, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
In response to previous post:

At the show I went to she spent a little less than half the show at the tip. Tbh, I was really happy up at the front. I think it's vital that you're near the Prism that opens before Roar because that has to be the most chilling (in an awesome way) moment ever when she appears. I was right in the left corner where the left catwalk and the main stage meet. I'll show you a couple perspectives (all pictures are my own):

The object to my left is the beginning of the left catwalk, and she's standing on the left side of the main stage

Great close view of her entrance

I loved being up close to the main stage and I think I'll do it again when I see her again next month.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline ohhoneybear

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
reflection center
« Reply #1143 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
Hi. I just discovered this forum and i had a question. I am going to buy tickets for newark 7/11, soon and i was wondering if the reflection center was better or if the front row on the side is better. I'm 5'4 and I don't mind crowds, but is the reflection center really hot and squished? like how many ppl average are in it? and can you see katy? thank you. any other info or pictures is extremely appreciated

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
Re: reflection center
« Reply #1144 on: July 08, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
Reflection section is good, you are closer than ever to Katy. I'd say a downside to being in it is that she has her back to RS for nearly the whole of the acoustic section. It's very big, not crowded at all. Usually it's very empty until Katy is due to come on and then it fills up fast!!
People usually have enough room to dance and move around. The only time people stay where they are in RS is when they are at the tip of the triangle, because that's where Katy does most of the interaction.
It's hot, but any concert is. Not squished!
You would get a good view from RS or seats on the side, personally I'd go for RS because it's a great experience! (And you can touch the stage)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline catarinab123

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1145 on: July 08, 2014, 10:47:56 PM »
Has anybody been in any shows yet with rs? I'm going the 12th and was wondering what time I should get there/where it's best to stand/where katy spends most time on stage?:)

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #1146 on: July 10, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
Has anybody been in any shows yet with rs? I'm going the 12th and was wondering what time I should get there/where it's best to stand/where katy spends most time on stage?:)

I've had 2 rs shows! I got there about midday both times and got to the barrier, although I advise turning up earlier to get the best spot! The best spot is the tip, that's where Katy interacts most with RS :)

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #1147 on: July 13, 2014, 04:34:58 AM »
I've also been to two shows in RS and I prefer the Main stage she's there quite a bit, a lot less crowding I also think that if she didn't take the letters there would be a lot more action around as in Belfast (second show) I was at side of main stage and she reached out to people to touch their hands, in London (last show) She wasn't able to do this as she had about 20 letters/books in her hand instead. She has also been know to reach out at main stage but at RS tip if you're at barrier you're 100% going to touch her which is extremely tough to get like I queued at 3pm and it was already a huge queue I heard there was people their from 9am,
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
« Reply #1148 on: July 13, 2014, 09:44:45 AM »
I'd say main stage is better. Last night I got the acoustic tip and yes she did come over to us a few times and took peoples letters, but her back was to us for most of the time. She bent down twice to touch people on our side so it wasn't enough to miss the main act over, you know? :) she reacted with people on sides a bit more then she did on the tip. She seemed to favor the right side (our right), of RS cat walk :)

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 30, 2009 Atlantic City NJ front row! She held my hand :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgaqkHhcHo
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA

Offline hbiemiller

• U think you're a Genius!
  • So you wanna play with magic?
« Reply #1149 on: July 13, 2014, 10:33:38 PM »
I have RS tickets for two shows so i think I'm going to stand at the tip for one and the main stage for the other one!

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #1150 on: July 14, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
In response to previous post:

At the show I went to she spent a little less than half the show at the tip. Tbh, I was really happy up at the front. I think it's vital that you're near the Prism that opens before Roar because that has to be the most chilling (in an awesome way) moment ever when she appears. I was right in the left corner where the left catwalk and the main stage meet. I'll show you a couple perspectives (all pictures are my own):

The object to my left is the beginning of the left catwalk, and she's standing on the left side of the main stage

Great close view of her entrance

I loved being up close to the main stage and I think I'll do it again when I see her again next month.

I should have thought of seeing her opening the show with the prism and closing it! Goddamnit haha!!

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katy's music inspires me like no other music does.
« Reply #1151 on: July 14, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
I'm so excited for my concert but now I don't know where I want to stand. :\ I have early entry so I was hoping to get to a good spot but I can't decide between the Main Stage and the tip. I really just want to be able to hopefully interact with Katy and my friend is hoping to give her a drawing or something.

Where should I stand!?  ???

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
« Reply #1152 on: July 14, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
Tell your friend to put it in a letter and stand at the acoustic end. She takes letters there :)

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA

Offline Chromokitten

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katy's music inspires me like no other music does.
« Reply #1153 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:36 PM »
Thanks! :P I'll tell her that.

What about interacting with her? Like, is it better to stand at the tip or the main stage to be able to touch her hand or get called up on stage or something.

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
« Reply #1154 on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
No one from RS gets called up on stage, and I bet no one will. Theirs now way to, as theirs no steps in RS to get up. The security was inside the pit with us lol one on each side I think. She does selfies on the sides, touched side people a little I think (it was hard to see), and touched people twice on the acoustic stage. She calls people from the floor audience on the stage, but from vids I've seen it's only one (kid usually), and adult/ older teen for birthday. This tour is very choreographed so she doesn't have tooooo much time to interact with fans like she use to, but if your on the sides of the cat wall or acoustic tip you have a chance :)

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA