Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 65007 times)

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
  • The Spanish KatyCat :3
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #1095 on: June 13, 2014, 07:00:55 AM »
News form the Spanish show.

It's not going to be sold out, in fact I'm afraid they cancel it because it's not selling well... Here is how sales are:

There have been problems with the RS....they sold ALL the RS tickets in the pre-sale, so many people that waited for the general sale to buy them have been faulting and that Stuff, Ticketmaster hasn't apologized

Thanks god I bought my early entry ticket  :frolickingghost:
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

♥Prismatic World Tour live in Barcelona-> 2015, February 16th♥

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #1096 on: June 13, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »

It's not going to be sold out, in fact I'm afraid they cancel it because it's not selling well... Here is how sales are:

There have been problems with the RS....they sold ALL the RS tickets in the pre-sale, so many people that waited for the general sale to buy them have been faulting and that Stuff, Ticketmaster hasn't apologized

What makes you think it won't be sold out or why would you think it'll be canceled?
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #1097 on: June 13, 2014, 07:50:58 AM »

I don't know how to exactly interpret that picture to fully understand what you mean by 'how sales are' (I assume the green dots don't mean that the entire blocks are empty but only that they are those blocks where tickets are available at all) - or what does it all say?
At this time, there aren't any worries about cancellations, it's too early to make such predictions. It's all 8-9 months away. The PWT didn't start in the UK for no reason: it started there because it is the biggest market for pop concerts in the world, no other country is. I was surprised, too, how differently things work on the continent, but it's just a matter of observing and getting to know.
The only worries I could possibly have are, I don't want Katy's show to sell worse than other ones in the same places, she deserves to do as well as anybody else - but again it is too early to worry too much yet about those things.
Another thing is, how big is that arena in terms of people-capacity? It seems enormous to me, bigger than anything I've seen IRL? That's another thing to perhaps consider.

And people should stop worrying about the RS and confusing themselves over it - there is no 'best spot' in it, once you've seen it you'll understand that its design is meant to move around in it freely. That's what I enjoyed about it most.  :)

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #1098 on: June 13, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »

What makes you think won't be sold out or why would you think it'll be canceled?

It's Spain XD, I mean, Gaga (artrRAVE ARTPOP ball tour) for example sold half of the tickets the first day and Beyonce (Ms Carter Worl Tour) sold out the first general sale day. Trust me, Katy has sold very few tickets to be the first general sale day, at least here in Spain. And about the cancellation, it's just a personal fear XD It's because I got tickets for Justin Bieber (Believe tour) in Bilbao and they cancelled the show 30 days before because they sold just half of the tickets and it was no profitable... Since then, i live with the fear that they cancel the concerts I have tickets of  :'(

I don't know how to exactly interpret that picture to fully understand what you mean by 'how sales are' (I assume the green dots don't mean that the entire blocks are empty but only that they are those blocks where tickets are available at all) - or what does it all say?

Green spots mean that there's at least one seat to buy in that sector, and I said that because there are just a few red spots, which means that only two or three sectors are full

The only worries I could possibly have are, I don't want Katy's show to sell worse than other ones in the same places, she deserves to do as well as anybody else - but again it is too early to worry too much yet about those things.
Another thing is, how big is that arena in terms of people-capacity? It seems enormous to me, bigger than anything I've seen IRL? That's another thing to perhaps consider.

The Palau Sant Jordi is capable of having 24,000 people in concerts, but because of law-problems, there can't be more than 18,000 people. Ticketmaster announced that they were going to be just 200 RS tickets, which seems strange because in UK entered more people...
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #1099 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »
I think there's also a difference in countries' economies, Spain is a difficult place at this time where people save up for basic necessities, a lot more so than they have to do in Britain. It can take months for many to save up for an arena's show ticket. Of course Katy needs to sell more than just half of the tickets, but it's early and we don't know how things look by the start of 2015. Watch that space, mininancy97 and show us the chart when things change.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #1100 on: June 13, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »
I think there's also a difference in countries' economies, Spain is a difficult place at this time where people save up for basic necessities, a lot more so than they have to do in Britain. It can take months for many to save up for an arena's show ticket. Of course Katy needs to sell more than just half of the tickets, but it's early and we don't know how things look by the start of 2015. Watch that space, mininancy97 and show us the chart when things change.

Yeah,  Spain isn't in it's best economical moment... Well, let's see.. I hope Katy sells more in the next months and I promise you that I won't forget posting the chart again by the beggining of 2015 with the current sales ^^
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

Offline hellokatyperry

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #1101 on: June 16, 2014, 08:14:05 PM »

Yeah,  Spain isn't in it's best economical moment... Well, let's see.. I hope Katy sells more in the next months and I promise you that I won't forget posting the chart again by the beggining of 2015 with the current sales ^^
¿En que fecha Katy se va a presentar en España? No soy de allí pero hablo español  :)

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
« Reply #1102 on: June 17, 2014, 03:34:10 AM »

¿En que fecha Katy se va a presentar en España? No soy de allí pero hablo español  :)

16 de febrero en Barcelona ;)
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

Offline rapture

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #1103 on: June 19, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »

Don't worry, it's selling.

It's too early for a lot of people to decide what they are going to spend/buy in 2015. At this moment they could be thinking more about what to do this summer than this winter.
15/10/2011 O2 Arena, London
26/10/2011 NIA, Birmingham
10/05/2014 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle: Katy touched my hand
31/05/2014 O2 Arena, London

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #1104 on: June 19, 2014, 05:39:17 PM »

It's too early for a lot of people to decide what they are going to spend/buy in 2015. At this moment they could be thinking more about what to do this summer than this winter.
To be fair the arena in Barcelona is HUGE. In the UK shows the stage reached about half way towards the back of the arena (and even further in some shows), but at this arena it's not even close to half way.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:44:38 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #1105 on: June 19, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »

To be fair the arena in Barcelona is HUGE. In the UK shows the stage reached about half way towards the back of the arena (and even further in some shows), but at this arena it's not even close to half way.
It does look rather gigantic to me, too. In O2 in London the mixing table at the back was not far from the point of the triangle. I'm happy for Katy she plays such big arenas as this one nowadays, personally I prefer to be in one of the slightly smaller ones though.

Offline ChrisB

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #1106 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:55 PM »
You dont have to worry about the show not selling out

This week Billboard reported the attendance numbers for the london shows and none of the 4 nights sold out

for those not familiar with this chart format

( artist)
(venue)
(city)
(dates)
(Gross in US $)
(Attendance)
(capacity)
(Number of shows/number of sell outs)
( ticket prices in us $)
( promoter)

Katy Perry, Icona Pop
 O2 Arena
London, U.K.
 May 27-28, 30-31, 2014
 $5,023,470
 53,871 /
 4 / 0
 $143.13, $83.35, $25.26
 Live Nation

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #1107 on: June 20, 2014, 01:45:32 AM »
Oh finally some box office data. That is a lot lower than I thought for the O2 shows :-\ It didn't look like anything less than a sold out show either night that I was there (I've seen what The O2 looks like when it's not sold out and these shows definitely looked full).
But I don't know how they expect the shows to sell out when they release a whole new batch of standing tickets a week before the show really.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Xulah

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Shut up and put the money where your mouth is.
« Reply #1108 on: June 21, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
the tickets they released a week before the shows were de VIP tickets that nobody bought. Like  early entry and seated vip tickets
I'll make it like your birthday everyday.

Offline charlzton

• U think you're a Genius!
« Reply #1109 on: June 22, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
Not sure if I wanna do RS again tbh, if you're determined enough to be at the back of it where Katy touches you like... maximum of 4 times it really isn't worth it. I wouldn't mind the RS if the front of the stage wasn't so damn high.

I'm definitely not doing RS anymore for Europe that's for sure.