Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 58224 times)

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.
Is that just for the ticket though or do you get other extra stuff with it?

Thats just the ticket.
Wow! Why does everything cost so much in the US? There's no way I'd be able to afford that.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #826 on: May 15, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
*cough cough* WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS...

But in all seriousness think a lot of ppl in this thread need to take a chill pill. To each their own. I agree with being against ppl who take photos the whole time, but I think it's alright to take a few here and there. Last KISS concert I went to I took like maybe 20 photos and 2 or 3 videos. And that was for both KISS and Mötley Crüe.

And I don't even see the point in discussing it on this thread.

As for the RS, I think ppl are entitled to be a little disappointed if it wasn't exactly what they hoped for, but I've seen a few ppl take it a little too far, in terms of expecting way too much and being beyond pissed. And it bothered me at first because it made me not look forward as much to my RS ticket. But then I saw some nicer posts and I'm excited for it.

Actually really glad to see ppl suggesting about the tip.
That is what bothered me, the negativity in form of sweeping generalisations starting to spoil it for others who've not even been there, as you experienced it at one point. But keep up the excitement, it's what you make of it...

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline SophieCat

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • California girl at heart
« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
I don't understand the misconceptions about the RS: it was described that it would allow you to be super close to Katy and that's exactly what happens. You are literally in the front and center of the stage, but Katy isn't going to serenade this section the whole time and ignore the other 20,000 audience members... sorry I just had to let that out. :) And as far as cameras go, when I went to CDT I filmed every song because I knew that would be the only way for me to ever relive that night whenever I wanted, and I have no regrets :) I'm still debating if I should do that for this tour though, because I'll have a side view instead of a front view this time. :P

CDT 8.21.11
PWT 8.7.14

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
« Reply #828 on: May 15, 2014, 03:24:09 PM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.

Thats just the ticket.
Wow! Why does everything cost so much in the US? There's no way I'd be able to afford that.

There's no way in hell that you paid $400 for just the ticket from the official seller (ticketmaster or the venue). You had to of bought that from stubhub or some other second sale place. I paid $300 for my RS ticket from the venue and it was the early entry VIP package. I think normal RS was like maybe $100, can't remember for sure.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline Candy

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
I'm seeing KISS live for the first time next month with Def Leppard.  :thumbzup:

My husband took a lot of pics for me when we were in the pit for the CDT. To be honest, they were disappointing. We're in the RS this time and I'm just going to have us focus on soaking in the show.  :dreamboat: Pics aren't as important as memories to me. But to each his or her own! Do what makes you happy!

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #830 on: May 15, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »
Like the person above I am in Canada and I paid 300 for my RS VIP.
As far as photos being taken? I actually do take photos at concerts and its a hobbie to me. I print them out. Frame them.
But my ped peave is not people taking pictures with Cell Phones, but them holding their Cell phones two feet over their heads , so as to block the view of people behind them. I can understand if its a female who are shorter, but there is NO reason for some dude six feet tall that needs to do that. I use a regular camera at below my head length as to not bother anyone else. I just find it another cell phone "rudeness". JMO. lol

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #831 on: May 15, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »
Like the person above I am in Canada and I paid 300 for my RS VIP.
As far as photos being taken? I actually do take photos at concerts and its a hobbie to me. I print them out. Frame them.
But my ped peave is not people taking pictures with Cell Phones, but them holding their Cell phones two feet over their heads , so as to block the view of people behind them. I can understand if its a female who are shorter, but there is NO reason for some dude six feet tall that needs to do that. I use a regular camera at below my head length as to not bother anyone else. I just find it another cell phone "rudeness". JMO. lol
Even worse is when they do it with an iPad. :/
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
« Reply #832 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
I'm seeing KISS live for the first time next month with Def Leppard.  :thumbzup:

My husband took a lot of pics for me when we were in the pit for the CDT. To be honest, they were disappointing. We're in the RS this time and I'm just going to have us focus on soaking in the show.  :dreamboat: Pics aren't as important as memories to me. But to each his or her own! Do what makes you happy!

KISS is a band I would recommend everyone see live at least once. I mean hell, they're the fathers if over the top stage shows like we have today. I was semi disappointed last I saw them but that was just because it was pretty much the same set as the past 10 years almost. They finally mixed things up starting last year.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline Love_katy

• Ur Words Flow Like Honey
« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:35 AM »
So excited but scared for RS I've heard so many different things about it but at the end of the day I'm just excited to be able to go to the show  :) To anyone that has been to shows already was there a separate queue for RS or do you think it depends on the venue?  :)

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »
So excited but scared for RS I've heard so many different things about it but at the end of the day I'm just excited to be able to go to the show  :) To anyone that has been to shows already was there a separate queue for RS or do you think it depends on the venue?  :)

Depends on the venue. When I went to the Newcastle show GA and RS were in the same queue. Once in a queue in the foyer, RS ticket holders got told to hold their ticket in the air and we were each given a wristband and then allowed to enter RS. I think for the Nottingham show there was separate queue though and I don't think RS were allowed to queue until 2pm, not entirely sure though! Just what I read on twitter.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #835 on: May 16, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »

I agree. Personally, I don't like taking a lot of pictures because it disturbs my time of dancing and singing, but others like too. I feel like the only time it is an inconvenience when other people take pictures is when it is getting in the way of someone else's view.
Prism: let the light in

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #836 on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:15 PM »
Honestly, if I see one more fight in this thread or another, I'll get my whip out and it won't be pretty.

And TheMouse, if I were you, I would give a rat's ass what the mods think, because we're not just here for fun and games.

I'm watching you...All of you...

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #837 on: May 16, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
Honestly, if I see one more fight in this thread or another, I'll get my whip out and it won't be pretty.

And TheMouse, if I were you, I would give a rat's ass what the mods think, because we're not just here for fun and games.

I'm watching you...All of you...

I made my point already yesterday.  :angelpop:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Lady Kenobi

• U think you're a Genius!
  • No regrets, just love
« Reply #838 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

Thats just the ticket.

There's no way in hell that you paid $400 for just the ticket from the official seller (ticketmaster or the venue). You had to of bought that from stubhub or some other second sale place. I paid $300 for my RS ticket from the venue and it was the early entry VIP package. I think normal RS was like maybe $100, can't remember for sure.

Well in Mexico City the tickets are also expensive and they don't offer packages :'( . Curiously, other date in Mexico at Monterrey is really cheap and don't offer packages as well.

For Mexico City RS is 286 dollars, 170 pounds; GA 188 dollars, 112 pounds. Ocesa brings the show, the prices are from the official seller Ticketmaster.

For Monterrey RS is 198 dollars, 117 pounds ; GA 183 dollars, 109 pounds. Zigna Live brings the show, the prices are from the official seller Superboletos.

I couldn't afford those prices in Mexico City and Monterrey is at 8 hours by car or more (by plane is 2 hours aprox. but it's very expensive) so I got a place in a higher spot for Mexico City. I don't care because I know I'll really enjoy the show (even if I have to look at the screen) and I'll go with 6 friends & my brother. I want to sing, dance and spend time with my BFs, katycats friends and Katy in the same place :frolickingghost:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:45:07 PM by Lady Kenobi »

Offline kittykatyjess

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Let the Light In.
« Reply #839 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »

Thats just the ticket.

Well in Mexico City the tickets are also expensive and they don't offer packages :'( . Curiously, other date in Mexico at Monterrey is really cheap and don't offer packages as well.

For Mexico City RS is 286 dollars, 170 pounds; GA 188 dollars, 112 pounds. Ocesa brings the show, the prices are from the official seller Ticketmaster.

For Monterrey RS is 198 dollars, 117 pounds ; GA 183 dollars, 109 pounds. Zigna Live brings the show, the prices are from the official seller Superboletos.

I couldn't afford those prices in Mexico City and Monterrey is at 8 hours by car or more (by plane is 2 hours aprox. but it's very expensive) so I got a place in a higher spot for Mexico City. I don't care because I know I'll really enjoy the show (even if I have to look at the screen) and I'll go with 6 friends & my brother. I want to sing, dance and spend time with my BFs, katycats friends and Katy in the same place :frolickingghost:

Australian VIP was $500. Killed my bank account. But RS is what you make of it. Not what others tell you about it. :D live in the moment when it comes. :) 
because legends never die.