Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 54555 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #810 on: May 15, 2014, 05:11:36 AM »
'Better seat than the RS'? The RS is not a seat, and, no, a seat won't be better than the RS.  ??? And why are people so obsessed with only taking pics and videos on mobile phones throughout a whole show? I leave mine locked in the hotel safe when I go to a concert - aren't there better things to do? Like, I need my hands free to let my body move to the beat. Yes, if you're just there to video it on your iPhone then don't go to the RS, LOL

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #811 on: May 15, 2014, 05:34:13 AM »
Well I'd like to remember the moment, not to mention her stage decor and costumes were amazing, so why wouldn't I want to take pictures?

And if the seat was infront of the Rs section yea it would be better you would be able to see everything if I just wanted to dance (which wasn't even possible in Rs as there was no space in belfast) I would have just listened to a Cd why bother if you're not there to enjoy all of the show?
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #812 on: May 15, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »
'Better seat than the RS'? The RS is not a seat, and, no, a seat won't be better than the RS.  ??? And why are people so obsessed with only taking pics and videos on mobile phones throughout a whole show? I leave mine locked in the hotel safe when I go to a concert - aren't there better things to do? Like, I need my hands free to let my body move to the beat. Yes, if you're just there to video it on your iPhone then don't go to the RS, LOL

Yeah but you're 50, so you wouldn't really understand. You've been to concerts when taking photos wasn't a 'thing' and people just appreciated the music and had the experience in their minds memory and not on a camera etc. It seems like people take photos to prove to everyone that they've been to certain concerts and it's sad, but normal. Taking photos and drinking are both things that are pretty normal at a concert. Most teenagers and people in their 20's take photos at gigs and most likely will for the rest of their lives and there's nothing wrong with that. Why so critical? If people wanna drink at concerts then so be it. If people want to take photos/videos then so be it. For the year 2014, this is the norm.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #813 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »
I'm scared and excited for RS... I wanna make sure I'm in the best place
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #814 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »

Yeah but you're 50, so you wouldn't really understand. You've been to concerts when taking photos wasn't a 'thing' and people just appreciated the music and had the experience in their minds memory and not on a camera etc. It seems like people take photos to prove to everyone that they've been to certain concerts and it's sad, but normal. Taking photos and drinking are both things that are pretty normal at a concert. Most teenagers and people in their 20's take photos at gigs and most likely will for the rest of their lives and there's nothing wrong with that. Why so critical? If people wanna drink at concerts then so be it. If people want to take photos/videos then so be it. For the year 2014, this is the norm.

You must be joking telling me about 'critical'.
Look at yourself how dissatisfied, unappreciative and sad you are. If you only have to have 'proof' of having been to a concert and 'impress' others with it then speak for yourself only!  If you think the RS is a bad place to be in then speak for yourself only and simply don't go back there! Not all of us are like that. The majority of us who love Katy Perry simply for her sake are just overjoyed and happy to have the opportunity at all to be at any of her live shows, without having to nag about this and about that and calling a whole stage concept not worth it - and very few so called 'fans' come up with the shitty negativity you have spread through this topic. That's my honest opinion of you, and I don't give a flying emoji what any of the mods might have to say about it.
And if you wanna talk about my age - I was one of the very few in the RS who spent hours dancing and laughing in the middle of an almost dead crowd standing around like statues LOL

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
Haha my friend and I agreed to run to the tip of the Prism yesterday. We also decided that we have to take off of work for a day after our concerts to chill after all the craziness! I'm hoping I'll at least get one chance to see Katy up close and sing with her and the microphone!
Prism: let the light in

Offline matthewkilty

• U think you're a Genius!
  • Let the light in.
« Reply #816 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »

Look at yourself how dissatisfied, unappreciative and sad you are. If you only have to have 'proof' of having been to a concert and 'impress' others with it then speak for yourself only!  If you think the RS is a bad place to be in then speak for yourself only and simply don't go back there! Not all of us are like that. The majority of us who love Katy Perry simply for her sake are just overjoyed and happy to have the opportunity at all to be at any of her live shows, without having to nag about this and about that and calling a whole stage concept not worth it - and very few so called 'fans' come up with the shitty negativity you have spread through this topic. That's my honest opinion of you, and I don't give a flying emoji what any of the mods might have to say about it.
And if you wanna talk about my age - I was one of the very few in the RS who spent hours dancing and laughing in the middle of an almost dead crowd standing around like statues LOL

I don't see the problem with taking photos...it's really stupid in my opinion that you are so bothered about that haha, I don't spend the whole concert taking photos and standing still constantly but I take a few for each act etc. I think it's good to take photos of the show because they are your photos and your memories to look at and share, not other peoples on facebook or twitter but they are yours. I usually get all my photos of concerts (the good ones anyway) printed online and then put them on my wall...like I said, for the memories to look back on in the future, I still have my wristband, ticket and photos from the CDT all over my wall and I look at them each day and remember how good it was.

As for the RS. Each to their own, I am a bit war torn as to whether it was what I was expecting but at the end of the day you are closer to Katy, close to the main stage and with all the other KatyCats around you so I find the idea fun and that's what matters, but if you want full views of Katy throughout the show and not to be turning around as she goes down the thrust stage then that's fine. I wanted to experience the RS and see the show from the front the entire time which is why I'm going to one show General then the next day RS. For some people general or seating may be better than RS and for others vice versa, I don't think you should be angry at another KatyCat for having their own opinion and preference on what they thinks best haha  :)
Let the light in.

27/03/11 - #LiverpoolDreams
18/10/11 - #LiverpoolDreams
20/05/14 - Prismatic World Tour Manchester
21/05/14 - Prismatic World Tour Liverpool RS

Offline Lazy Blazy

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You are the weapon I choose.
« Reply #817 on: May 15, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
Kitties play nice or I'll take away the cat nip....

Only Lauren knows whom I've been in love with in my life :)
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTERZ

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #818 on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:34 PM »

Well you've just taken everything I said out of context and turned it in to a personal attack, well done you. OH YEAH that's right 'cause being slightly disappointed makes me a fake fan doesn't it! I totally forgot!!!! Wow must learn to not tell the truth in future must learn to lie and act like everything is rosy even when it's not! My mistake! Maybe I just didn't want another kitten to have the same experience I did that's why I urged everyone to stand at the point of the prism. There's someone else in the feed who said they had the same experience as me and someone who said they watched a vid where katy's back was facing people for 45 mins. Who'd have thought my own experience would offend someone so much, sweet jesus. I actually said the show itself was amazing, I didn't criticise Katy or slag her off or say she was this that or whatever else. I never claimed everyone was like that either. You're FIFTY YEARS OLD having a go at someone THIRTY YEARS YOUNGER, shouldn't you probably act your age instead of trying to tell me I'm wrong for having a slightly disappointing experience. I'm not wrong for sharing it and I'm allowed to feel the way that I did. You're so hung up on what I've shared and I don't understand why. I'm over it I've already said I calmed down the next day and was over it and I'm excited to see Katy again on Wednesday and then the following Saturday. I do love Katy, very much and have done since 2008 and she's doing a wonderful job and I already said I was grateful and very lucky to have been there since there's people who can't even afford one show. I was just a bit sad, that's all because like I said people hyped RS up too much and expected amazing things from it and I set myself up for disappointment. I'm not blaming anyone for it. I was very upset when I wrote that post about RS, and I don't mean majority of it now that I'm calm 'cause it really wasn't that bad, I was just hysterical. You're in no position to call me a fake fan, you don't even know me. If I was such a fake fan I wouldn't bother travelling to see her and I definitely wouldn't spend every penny I have on her shows/music/merch. HOW DARE YOU have a go at me over the experience I had. As for 'speak for yourself' I don't take photos to brag who would I need to brag to? All of my friends are aware of how much I love Katy. I keep the photos I take and get them printed. Believe it or not there are people out there who only attend gigs so they can say they've been. People who never talk about Katy any other time of the year then as soon as she tours they suddenly give a damn. I'm not one of those people, I talk about her all of the time. 365 days a year.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:37:28 PM by aims____ »

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #819 on: May 15, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
Kitties play nice or I'll take away the cat nip....

I'm so sorry this has happened, I had no idea it would!  :-\

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #820 on: May 15, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
@matthewkilty It's not about taking pics, just about attitudes where there should be rock 'n' roll figuratively

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
i think really: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #821 on: May 15, 2014, 01:55:39 PM »
 I really think aims and my opinions of the sidesnear main stage of the RS are extremely valuable for other Katycats

had I of know where a "better" viewing point was I would have went for it and it would have doubled the experience I personally had. I had an amazing time and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the show its self I personally just feel it was tainted and I think I should express that to others so they don't end up feeling the same,

the Rs section was completely hyped up but for some it was the experience it promised we just want to ensure that the other Katycats have the right experience  :firework:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:01:06 PM by SharonRKat »
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Online KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #822 on: May 15, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »
*cough cough* WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS...

But in all seriousness think a lot of ppl in this thread need to take a chill pill. To each their own. I agree with being against ppl who take photos the whole time, but I think it's alright to take a few here and there. Last KISS concert I went to I took like maybe 20 photos and 2 or 3 videos. And that was for both KISS and Mötley Crüe.

And I don't even see the point in discussing it on this thread.

As for the RS, I think ppl are entitled to be a little disappointed if it wasn't exactly what they hoped for, but I've seen a few ppl take it a little too far, in terms of expecting way too much and being beyond pissed. And it bothered me at first because it made me not look forward as much to my RS ticket. But then I saw some nicer posts and I'm excited for it.

Actually really glad to see ppl suggesting about the tip.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline I CanAffordYou

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Très chic !
« Reply #823 on: May 15, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Keep calm katycats, keep calm. Enjoy the show as you want to enjoy it, with or without camera :-)

HKT : LONDON (02/26/2009) * LYON (06/17/2009) 
LGJ : PARIS (06/11/2010)
You've Got A Friend : HOLLYWOOD (12/04/2012)
LGJ : PARIS (02/10/2013)
PWT : BELFAST (05/07/2014) * LONDON (05/31/2014)

Offline dickey1331

• Wannabe
« Reply #824 on: May 15, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.
Is that just for the ticket though or do you get other extra stuff with it?

Thats just the ticket.