Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 46162 times)

Offline tiffanyy

• Shiny Orange Bathingsuit
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #795 on: May 14, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »
For the shows in America, is it just RS... no General standing, right? My ticket just says GA but I assumed that was Reflection Section.
August 27, 2010 @ Today Show
June 19, 2011 @ Prudential Center
August 25, 2013 @ Brooklyn Bridge

Offline ChrisB

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #796 on: May 14, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »
For the shows in America, is it just RS... no General standing, right? My ticket just says GA but I assumed that was Reflection Section.

Yes in North America beside the RS section we have chairs on the floor

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #797 on: May 14, 2014, 02:13:35 PM »
i think Reflection Section is a way to offer people a less crowded-close-to-stage experience... There are 3 "front rows" when there is only 1 in the general standing zone... But of course, she hasn't gotten the ability to multiply herself (yet ?), so she can't be everywhere at the same time. Shame.

and when she says "in the audience", it's an image : when she's on the mini-stage, there are people in front of her AND behind her... People should stop expecting the impossible so they won't be desappointed... as if she would go and have a chat with members of the (standing area) audience... I sense a riot could happen if she did that.

As for early entry, i think it's absolutely logical that they make it more expensive (not talking about how much more expensive, but at least more expensive) than General Standing. I mean, if paying more would guarantee me front row center, i would pay for it. Don't know how much i would be willing to spend, but i sure would consider it.

In the US, RS is the only standing part of the floor, and apparently would be half the capacity of UK RS... Maybe that's why it's more expensive ?

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #798 on: May 14, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
i think Reflection Section is a way to offer people a less crowded-close-to-stage experience... There are 3 "front rows" when there is only 1 in the general standing zone... But of course, she hasn't gotten the ability to multiply herself (yet ?), so she can't be everywhere at the same time. Shame.

and when she says "in the audience", it's an image : when she's on the mini-stage, there are people in front of her AND behind her... People should stop expecting the impossible so they won't be desappointed... as if she would go and have a chat with members of the (standing area) audience... I sense a riot could happen if she did that.

As for early entry, i think it's absolutely logical that they make it more expensive (not talking about how much more expensive, but at least more expensive) than General Standing. I mean, if paying more would guarantee me front row center, i would pay for it. Don't know how much i would be willing to spend, but i sure would consider it.

In the US, RS is the only standing part of the floor, and apparently would be half the capacity of UK RS... Maybe that's why it's more expensive ?

I agree that it is a way to be closer to the audience without actually being crowded. It's a good investment, but like everything else with some flaws.
Prism: let the light in

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #799 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »

Yeah but when she said 'in the audience' I guess I just got more of a mental image of (don't want to start comparing shows but) something like this http://youtu.be/o-RCTlwdbpo  - the way she's 'in the audience' on PWT really isn't anything out of the ordinary and isn't much different to the way it was on the CDT when they added the thrust to the stage, she made it sound like something so special and new (I'm going completely against the point I was trying to make earlier by writing this :eyes:)

And yeah but I actually was talking about how much of an increase it was to buy EE. Of course you would expect a price increase for it, but the increase was about £90 when I checked, which really is ridiculous and a rip off. Most I would pay is about £30.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:27:55 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #800 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »
katy's great but she ain't beyoncé (yet)... i suppose beyoncé can pretty much build the stage she wants and has nothing to prove, and maybe katy's not been around long enough to do EXACTLY what she wants so both sides (katy / production) compromise into something that suits both better ? i don't know, but i still think she HAS to advertise it as if it were the best new innovative show around the galaxy, AND that people read into the advertisement what they wanted to... and then comes disappointment. i didn't think it would be more than some sort of VIP pit, and look, there it is : less crowded pit.

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #801 on: May 14, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

Yeah but when she said 'in the audience' I guess I just got more of a mental image of (don't want to start comparing shows but) something like this http://youtu.be/o-RCTlwdbpo 

*cough* KISS did it 16 years ago ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGf1hbHe7gg#t=46 Nowadays the mini stage actually spins slowly 360 degrees so he can face the whole arena and it's a lot lower than that one

And that was one of the highlights from when I saw them in concert.

I can't really say much about the experience of RS since I haven't watched any videos (don't plan on it) and haven't looked at too many photos (trying not to). And I won't see her till the end of the US dates in October so things could change. I paid little over $300 for VIP RS which does include early entry. Actually bought that few weeks ago and all the normal RS are sold out. First night I"ll be on the floor, but in the seated section so I'll be able to scope out where I want and what to expect the next night in RS.

Thing is I bought it completely expecting to not see katy's front the entire time. Second I saw the layout of the pit I knew not to expect her to be facing me the whole time. I mean, some people are kinda responding rashly IMO considering how early in the tour it is. She seems to listen to the fans well, so who knows, maybe she'll mix things up more. Just being close to her during the show is worth it to me.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline matthewkilty

• U think you're a Genius!
  • Let the light in.
« Reply #802 on: May 14, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »
Hey guys I was just wondering how you actually get in the RS? Is it the typical type entrance where once you are in the arena there is a separate barrier on the outsides going down to RS or? Just need to find out in advance so I can get in there and get a good spot as fast as possible  :hehe:
Let the light in.

27/03/11 - #LiverpoolDreams
18/10/11 - #LiverpoolDreams
20/05/14 - Prismatic World Tour Manchester
21/05/14 - Prismatic World Tour Liverpool RS

Online TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #803 on: May 14, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »

I'm really glad about this input of yours  :) It sums things up for what they are, and what they can't be. Yes, the RS is a standing pit to stand in, and that's it - and Katy never actually made false promises, as if the people in it were going to have a kind of private Prism party. The misunderstandings arise from whatever people made up in their imagination without giving it a realistic thought.
Another thing, if Katy was like Beyonce - I would not be at her shows...however, making comparisons to other artists' stages etc is something we should immediately steer away from though IMO, such things are pointless and have nothing to do with the PWT show and stage design.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Online TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #804 on: May 14, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »
Hey guys I was just wondering how you actually get in the RS? Is it the typical type entrance where once you are in the arena there is a separate barrier on the outsides going down to RS or? Just need to find out in advance so I can get in there and get a good spot as fast as possible  :hehe:
Entering the building you should get scanned in and have your wristband fixed, and you should be told which block entrance to use to go through the door and walk all the way down the stairs. Down on the standing floor, follow the marked (I assume always yellow) way along the barrier leading to the RS entrance at the side of the stage.
My experience was, I was one of the last to go in, and could pick ANY spot I wanted to be in, that's what the RS is REALLY about, just taking all the stress away.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #805 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »
katy's great but she ain't beyoncé (yet)... i suppose beyoncé can pretty much build the stage she wants and has nothing to prove, and maybe katy's not been around long enough to do EXACTLY what she wants so both sides (katy / production) compromise into something that suits both better ? i don't know, but i still think she HAS to advertise it as if it were the best new innovative show around the galaxy, AND that people read into the advertisement what they wanted to... and then comes disappointment. i didn't think it would be more than some sort of VIP pit, and look, there it is : less crowded pit.
Yeah no I completely agree, I said the same thing, it's not like she can talk about the show like it's anything less than perfect if she wants to sell tickets and you can't go into the arena having such wildly high expectations otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. But I think that's often why some of the most hardcore fans can often be quite critical; they have such a perfect image of Katy in their head (how they became such huge fans) that whenever she does something not perfect or that wasn't exactly as amazing as they thought it would be they get a little disappointed, which is understandable but she is just one human.

Another thing, if Katy was like Beyonce - I would not be at her shows...however, making comparisons to other artists' stages etc is something we should immediately steer away from though IMO, such things are pointless and have nothing to do with the PWT show and stage design.
That's exactly what I said I wasn't doing and didn't want to do, just giving an example.

*cough* KISS did it 16 years ago ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGf1hbHe7gg#t=46
not saying anyone was being original, dozens of performers have second stages and this one just sprung to my mind first, you sure even KISS were first?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:19:57 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline malleoni

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #806 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm very much confused. I bought a ticket to Katy's concert in Raleigh, NC, and apparently I'm staying at the GAPIT. The ticket actually brings both row and seat numbers, while also claims it's general attendance standing. What does it mean? Is it the Reflection Section (i.e. Pit) or somewhere else? I have no idea where I'll stay! :)

<3

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #807 on: May 14, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

Thing is I bought it completely expecting to not see katy's front the entire time. Second I saw the layout of the pit I knew not to expect her to be facing me the whole time. I mean, some people are kinda responding rashly IMO considering how early in the tour it is. She seems to listen to the fans well, so who knows, maybe she'll mix things up more. Just being close to her during the show is worth it to me.
[/quote]

I wont be seeing Katy until September, but I did cheat and watch the full video of her tour.
I didnt expect her to be facing me the whole time either, but I didnt expect her to not be facing me for the last 45 minutes of the show.lol. That is not an exaggeration. For the last half of the show Katy does only spend about one minute on the main front stage and spends the whole time at the very end/back . Like you said, this is early in the tour, and hopefully things will change when she makes it back here to North America. Its not just the RS. There are 4 sections of seating seats that only see the back of her head for the last half of the show also. But I shall not complain too much. Like yourself I had Floor Row 9 in the seated area for her second show, which might be a better seat than RS. Such a long time to wait. Enjoy and have fun

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #808 on: May 14, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »
not saying anyone was being original, dozens of performers have second stages and this one just sprung to my mind first, you sure even KISS were first?

Never said anything about not being original. Said it purely as a tease, and I'm almost 99% sure that KISS was the first to fly over the audience like that to a second stage. Why do you think I love em so much :P They also started the whole meet and greet thing.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #809 on: May 15, 2014, 01:16:38 AM »

I wont be seeing Katy until September, but I did cheat and watch the full video of her tour.
I didnt expect her to be facing me the whole time either, but I didnt expect her to not be facing me for the last 45 minutes of the show.lol. That is not an exaggeration. For the last half of the show Katy does only spend about one minute on the main front stage and spends the whole time at the very end/back . Like you said, this is early in the tour, and hopefully things will change when she makes it back here to North America. Its not just the RS. There are 4 sections of seating seats that only see the back of her head for the last half of the show also. But I shall not complain too much. Like yourself I had Floor Row 9 in the seated area for her second show, which might be a better seat than RS. Such a long time to wait. Enjoy and have fun
[/quote]

Unfortunately that was my experience as we were up at the main stage, and as she was holding/touching hands down that area we weren't able to get anywhere near it so had to watch from the screens which is the only part that disappointed me from my experience in Rs. The whole of birthday song and cake etc were all on mini stage which I was surprised at we had to leave rs and go to ga to see it, as it's my favourite song I didnt want to have pictures from the screens etc.
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014