Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 48285 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #780 on: May 13, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
I'd want to know what did people expect then? Her spending the entire time dancing around the RS section so that the other 90% of people who paid 20£ less would whine instead? As soon as the stage plan was released I found it pretty logical that being in the triangle would mean being very close to the stage aka it being up high. Enjoy the show wherever you stand, you are lucky to get to see it at all!  :thumbzup:
I didn't know what to expect really. I expected interaction 'cause of the 'closer than ever' comment but just didn't really know how/where. Nobody knew what RS consisted of really and I think a lot of people had high expectations of it since loads of KC's on twitter kept saying 'it must be amazing that's why there's still no info it's a secret' when it was really a case of there was nothing to tell. There was too much hype around it. I've stated already that I'm lucky to have been there.
I couldn't agree more! I think people are disappointed, and even 'outraged', because they expected impossible things made up by rumours, not logical conclusions. The few people in the RS must be less than 10% actually, and of course it wouldn't be a private party for us, leaving out the rest of the arena. I must have looked at the side screen for less than a minute. The RS to me was one of the few spots perhaps in the arena I really didn't need a screen for. Dancing around the RS is btw what Katy and her onstage team do a lot anyway! 
When you look at the prices of other top star shows touring this year, the PWT ones are not unusual but just what's to be expected, i wonder what's there to be shocked about -? Neither is the early access a ripoff, that's my next ticket and having read the instructions I simply know what to expect.
Everything depends a bit on your outlook on life as well. I'm lucky to be physically capable now to go to Katy's shows, not being stuck in a hospital or at home in the bedroom. I wish people could be a bit happier, and enjoy the good things in life more.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #781 on: May 13, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »
Just one thing about early entry - I don't know about you but for me an early entry upgrade would cost me more than I paid for my actual (GS) ticket. Think about how much money it costs them to just open up the doors a little earlier to some people, and then think about how much they are charging people for it.

That's nothing short of ripping people off IMO. 

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #782 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.
£237,78  - I heard there's a huge difference between UK and US, I don't know why. I got 3 RS tickets, my most expensive one was £181, I mean it was about the max limit I was prepared to spend on one.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #783 on: May 13, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »
I have RS VIP for Vancouver in September. I did view the full concert on YouTube and was kinda surprised that she didnt spend more than a minute on the main stage for the last half of the show. Having said that, where is the best place to stand in the RS?
My guess is at the back ? And approximately how many rows of people would the back of the RS be? 10? 15 rows? if there were seats? Waves from Canada

Offline cassiex

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #784 on: May 13, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
Sorry to ask a daft question  but by the tip of the prism do you guys mean like basically at the back of the RS (like the pointy bit that is furthest away from the main stage?!)
This is what I've been wondering! And by the right side of the stage do you mean at the back facing the main stage or at the front?
If someone could show it on a seating map that would be AMAZING

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:29 AM »
I would call it the mini stage instead as after all thats what it was!

All my photo's of Katy are of her backside bar one, I went on the second night to belfast and it was really packed in our side hubby and myself enjoyed ourselves and had a wee dance etc so we did have a good time but I'd be lieing if I wasn't gutted at whole blanking of those at the sides I am only 5"4 and I'd held my spot from 6.30, I also had to look at the screen quite a bit as there was no way I could see the far side of Rs or the mini stage from where I was.

I am actually that upset I'm trying to get tickets for another show from gs to get a better view then what I had we even went into the general standing section to watch birthday (altho I had fainted from heat so that was main reason)
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2014, 01:22:52 AM »
Just seen from twitter she got into the standing area to sing one of her songs, for her Birmingham gig last night....
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
  • These wounds are self inflicted.
« Reply #787 on: May 14, 2014, 02:21:00 AM »
Just seen from twitter she got into the standing area to sing one of her songs, for her Birmingham gig last night....

She did come down for a bit and do some hand holding, but she did quite a bit of that at the edge of the Reflection section too.

25/8/09 Birmingham - She caught my cupcake.
1/4/11 Cardiff - I met her.
4/4/11 Birmingham - Front row.
http://twitter.com/AshleyClairex She did my challenge! I have Katy Perry signed converses!
13/5/2014 Birmingham - She pointed at my sign. Front row, GS.
14/5/2014 Birmingham - She grabbed my balloon. Front row, RS.
30/5/2014 London - Front row, GS.
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #788 on: May 14, 2014, 02:41:10 AM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.
Is that just for the ticket though or do you get other extra stuff with it?

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #789 on: May 14, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »

She did come down for a bit and do some hand holding, but she did quite a bit of that at the edge of the Reflection section too.

From the pics it looks like she stood up on the barrier bars and leaned in great for the fans there
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline Katycat2014

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #790 on: May 14, 2014, 11:10:28 AM »
Hi Katycats,

i bought RS Tix for the O2 in London. Now i received them and nowhere is mencioned Reflection Section.
I'm a little bit worried now. This is what is printed in my Tickets :

KATY PERRY
THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
NO UNDER 16'S ON STANDING FLOOR
UNDER 15'S ONLY WITH AN ADULT 18+
Saturday, 31 May 2014 - Doors : 18:30
£ 85.00 + £ 1.00 + £ 11.00 (VAT Included)
Entrance F
STANDING GENERAL ADMISSION

Is this for RS or do i have to change the tickets. 85£ should be for RS ? Right ?
Does anyone have the same problem ?  Thanks

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #791 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »
Hi Katycats,

i bought RS Tix for the O2 in London. Now i received them and nowhere is mencioned Reflection Section.

KATY PERRY
THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
Entrance F

Is this for RS or do i have to change the tickets. 85£ should be for RS ? Right ?

Seems to me that this is just General admission, as stated on the ticket. RS would be specifically mentioned.

Offline HollieKitty

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • Remembering last summer under the shooting stars
« Reply #792 on: May 14, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
Reflection section is worth it. I was on the barrier at the tip of the triangle, she interacted a lot with us I even held her hand when she sang This Moment! Katy obviously can't give the Reflection Section all her attention as we are only a minority! Totally worth it in my opinion!
Had to make a new account, KatyCat since 2008.

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
  • These wounds are self inflicted.
« Reply #793 on: May 14, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
Hello from everyone in the Birmingham reflection section!

25/8/09 Birmingham - She caught my cupcake.
1/4/11 Cardiff - I met her.
4/4/11 Birmingham - Front row.
http://twitter.com/AshleyClairex She did my challenge! I have Katy Perry signed converses!
13/5/2014 Birmingham - She pointed at my sign. Front row, GS.
14/5/2014 Birmingham - She grabbed my balloon. Front row, RS.
30/5/2014 London - Front row, GS.
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #794 on: May 14, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
Hi Katycats,

KATY PERRY
THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
Entrance F

Well that is the price for RS and not general admission on your ticket...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:34:53 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)