Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 48414 times)

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #765 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:36 AM »
It's on twitter she won't as arena is too small - still praying tho ! :thumbzup:

There is no official PWT twitter account so all info from that is not really reliable. I've been told the O2 arena in Dublin holds 23,000 people. The Phones4U arena in Manchester holds 21,000 so it would mean that that's too small for the stage as well. There are plenty of countries with arenas that don't even hold up to 20,000 people and I'm sure she'll do those so I personally doubt the arena is too small.

And I don't know about Casey, but I've heard from a reliable source that Dublin is on the list. We'll see.

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #766 on: May 13, 2014, 05:34:56 AM »
Ah sure if not I will make another elsewhere in Europe :)

Thanks  :flowerpower:
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #767 on: May 13, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »

There is no official PWT twitter account so all info from that is not really reliable. I've been told the O2 arena in Dublin holds 23,000 people. The Phones4U arena in Manchester holds 21,000 so it would mean that that's too small for the stage as well. There are plenty of countries with arenas that don't even hold up to 20,000 people and I'm sure she'll do those so I personally doubt the arena is too small.

And I don't know about Casey, but I've heard from a reliable source that Dublin is on the list. We'll see.

ahh,cool!thanks ingie :)..hope all the katycats that wanted a Dublin show will get their wish ;)

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
PHHHOTO:walshiee
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Online TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #768 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:21 AM »
All the people who've got 100% positive things to say about RS stood at the tip of the prism if you've noticed. My experience was only slightly disappointing because I stood at the side but the show was AMAZING. I've gone over reasons why I was upset already so I won't again but that's why I said to stand at the top of the prism if you're in RS, it really is the best place to be.

i definitely picked up on that too ;) thanks!..im just hoping that the more "general fans" that are going to be in the RS will think that being closer to the main stage will be better so i wont have to compete with as many people to stand at the tip lol im also pretty short so i def want to make sure im against the barrier :)
No - not 'all the people'. I was never anywhere near that area but very close to the main stage all the time instead - and if you look at my post above, that's how happy and in awe I was there.
If you go to the RS only wanting to touch Katy's hand you might end up with stress and just not getting what you want, but if you simply relax, go with the flow and enjoy everything then there's no place within the RS in which you could be not totally happy. And you can walk freely, if people want to stick to 'their' spot it's their choice, not a must! 

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #769 on: May 13, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
All the people who've got 100% positive things to say about RS stood at the tip of the prism if you've noticed. My experience was only slightly disappointing because I stood at the side but the show was AMAZING. I've gone over reasons why I was upset already so I won't again but that's why I said to stand at the top of the prism if you're in RS, it really is the best place to be.

i definitely picked up on that too ;) thanks!..im just hoping that the more "general fans" that are going to be in the RS will think that being closer to the main stage will be better so i wont have to compete with as many people to stand at the tip lol im also pretty short so i def want to make sure im against the barrier :)
No - not 'all the people'. I was never anywhere near that area but very close to the main stage all the time instead - and if you look at my post above, that's how happy and in awe I was there.
If you go to the RS only wanting to touch Katy's hand you might end up with stress and just not getting what you want, but if you simply relax, go with the flow and enjoy everything then there's no place within the RS in which you could be not totally happy. And you can walk freely, if people want to stick to 'their' spot it's their choice, not a must!
I went in to the RS expecting it to be 'the place to be' as Katy claimed. Arenas claiming RS to be 'the best seats in the house' and they're not really, not all of it. I did not expect to be staring at a screen and Katy's back/arse for almost two hours, like I've already said. I'm sure I'm allowed to be upset about it. Honestly, the best thing that happened as a result of standing where I did was I met Tamra, and I'm very lucky to have had that happen. Yes, you can walk freely but I didn't want to stand in front of anyone for a better view because I'm quite tall and feel that would be rude and at the time I wasn't sure on where the best place to stand was. I never expected Katy to hold anyone's hand or anything like that, I didn't know that was gonna happen. There's plenty of people who feel exactly the same way I do, I've had messages on twitter from other KC's saying they feel the same and there's nothing wrong with that. It was devastating to have spent £88 on a ticket and have that happen, it's an awful lot of money and nobody should ever leave an arena feeling that way. I'm not sorry for being a little disappointed. That being said, I'm a lot more optimistic about it since that experience because now I know where not to stand. I've no qualms with the show, just the view I had really and I understand it was my choice to stand where I did but that's kinda not the point is it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:03:18 AM by aims____ »

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #770 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »

I went in to the RS expecting it to be 'the place to be' as Katy claimed. Arenas claiming RS to be 'the best seats in the house' and they're not really, not all of it. I did not expect to be staring at a screen and Katy's back/arse for almost two hours, like I've already said. I'm sure I'm allowed to be upset about it. Honestly, the best thing that happened as a result of standing where I did was I met Tamra, and I'm very lucky to have had that happen. Yes, you can walk freely but I didn't want to stand in front of anyone for a better view because I'm quite tall and feel that would be rude and at the time I wasn't sure on where the best place to stand was. I never expected Katy to hold anyone's hand or anything like that, I didn't know that was gonna happen. There's plenty of people who feel exactly the same way I do, I've had messages on twitter from other KC's saying they feel the same and there's nothing wrong with that. It was devastating to have spent £88 on a ticket and have that happen, it's an awful lot of money and nobody should ever leave an arena feeling that way. I'm not sorry for being a little disappointed. That being said, I'm a lot more optimistic about it since that experience because now I know where not to stand. I've no qualms with the show, just the view I had really and I understand it was my choice to stand where I did but that's kinda not the point is it.
I'm happy that I'm getting real feedback from people that way I know where to stand and what to expect. I'm definitively going to force my friend to run with me to the point of the Prism! and like you said, hopefully there will be more "general" fans and that way they will run to the main stage and I can get to the point.
Prism: let the light in

Online TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #771 on: May 13, 2014, 03:17:13 PM »

I'm happy that I'm getting real feedback from people that way I know where to stand and what to expect. I'm definitively going to force my friend to run with me to the point of the Prism! and like you said, hopefully there will be more "general" fans and that way they will run to the main stage and I can get to the point.
Yes, of course everybody has a right to be disappointed if that's the way they feel - only saying it's spending two hours looking at Katy's back is gross exaggeration, and £88 for an RS ticket is nothing compared to extortionate prices for mediocre places at other shows. Generally, I'm surprised how the PWT tickets can be as cheap as they are! I was there and was never near that end of the RS, and still I didn't have any of the negative experience. I didn't feel it would make a difference if I stood close to Katy with her back to us during those intervals when that was the case, at the main stage I was at least close up and looking in her eyes, it's just a matter of the interpretation of things. Arenas can't really claim anything about the RS because it's got nothing to do with them - it's a construction the show brings along with itself.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline foobia

« Reply #772 on: May 13, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »
I'd want to know what did people expect then? Her spending the entire time dancing around the RS section so that the other 90% of people who paid 20£ less would whine instead? As soon as the stage plan was released I found it pretty logical that being in the triangle would mean being very close to the stage aka it being up high. Enjoy the show wherever you stand, you are lucky to get to see it at all!  :thumbzup:
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #773 on: May 13, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »

Yes, of course everybody has a right to be disappointed if that's the way they feel - only saying it's spending two hours looking at Katy's back is gross exaggeration, and £88 for an RS ticket is nothing compared to extortionate prices for mediocre places at other shows. Generally, I'm surprised how the PWT tickets can be as cheap as they are! I was there and was never near that end of the RS, and still I didn't have any of the negative experience. I didn't feel it would make a difference if I stood close to Katy with her back to us during those intervals when that was the case, at the main stage I was at least close up and looking in her eyes, it's just a matter of the interpretation of things. Arenas can't really claim anything about the RS because it's got nothing to do with them - it's a construction the show brings along with itself.
Not exaggeration at all, I recall looking at the screen or Katy's back for majority of my time there, and so does the person I went with. He's off the scale outraged. Lucky you for not having that experience. For me, £88 is quite expensive and if it were anyone else I simply would not have gone due to the price of tickets. I really don't feel the PWT tix are cheap at all. I've saved and saved and saved to afford the dates I wanna go to and I think that's part of the reason I was so upset because it's not like I can afford to just throw money away. For the experience I had, I feel it was overpriced and if I wanted to stare at a screen I'd have bought seating tickets. I'm almost 100% sure my other two PWT experiences won't be anything like my first and will most likely be full of positivity. I get it that most fans don't like anything negative being said about anything Katy does but I'm not gonna pretend I wasn't upset about it 'cause I really was.

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #774 on: May 13, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
Everybody is allowed to have an opinion and if those are your experiences, than they are your experiences and it's unfortunate it happened, but you're free to express those.

And to be honest, I was kind of shocked at how expensive tickets were.

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #775 on: May 13, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »
I'd want to know what did people expect then? Her spending the entire time dancing around the RS section so that the other 90% of people who paid 20£ less would whine instead? As soon as the stage plan was released I found it pretty logical that being in the triangle would mean being very close to the stage aka it being up high. Enjoy the show wherever you stand, you are lucky to get to see it at all!  :thumbzup:
I didn't know what to expect really. I expected interaction 'cause of the 'closer than ever' comment but just didn't really know how/where. Nobody knew what RS consisted of really and I think a lot of people had high expectations of it since loads of KC's on twitter kept saying 'it must be amazing that's why there's still no info it's a secret' when it was really a case of there was nothing to tell. There was too much hype around it. I've stated already that I'm lucky to have been there.

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline rapture

« Reply #776 on: May 13, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
I didn't know what to expect really. I expected interaction 'cause of the 'closer than ever' comment but just didn't really know how/where. Nobody knew what RS consisted of really and I think a lot of people had high expectations of it since loads of KC's on twitter kept saying 'it must be amazing that's why there's still no info it's a secret' when it was really a case of there was nothing to tell. There was too much hype around it. I've stated already that I'm lucky to have been there.
I have some experience with concert photography and looked for a good spot.

The stage was designed to attract people to the tip of the triangle with a low platform/stage, the RS exits at the main stage and initially nobody wanted to stand at the main stage. So close to a high stage means "nostril photography", looking all the time up into her nostrils. I'm tall enough to look over the crowd and it was obvious to me where my spot is.
15/10/2011 O2 Arena, London
26/10/2011 NIA, Birmingham
10/05/2014 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle: Katy touched my hand
31/05/2014 O2 Arena, London

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #777 on: May 13, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
Sorry to ask a daft question  but by the tip of the prism do you guys mean like basically at the back of the RS (like the pointy bit that is furthest away from the main stage?!)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #778 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
I did kind of feel that before the tour started people had the idea that Katy was promising the world to everyone in the arena no matter where they were and that everyone was just gonna have it all. I guess it could have been due to the way Katy was talking the tour up so much before it started and saying how perfect and amazing it would be, but she has tickets to sell, it's not like she can talk about the tour as if it's anything less than perfect and amazing in interviews.

I was always just a little bit skeptical about perfect (I say 'perfect', I know she never actually used that word, but that was more or less how she was making the show sound when promoting it) the show would actually be and didn't really think the show was going to have everything for everyone (eg I kind of worked out that she would have her back to the RS quite a bit during the show), but she is just one human and she can't do everything for everyone! I guess you just can't have you're expectations too high when you go to the concert and maybe just take a little of what she said with a grain of salt? Cause sorry but after seeing what the show looks like I have no idea what she was talking about when she said she's 'in the audience' onstage and how the stage isn't comparable with any other tour's stage... I don't agree with either tbh.

And I think the tour is pretty expensive, especially when you compare it with her others (and think about the absolute rip off that is early entry).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:12:13 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline dickey1331

• Wannabe
« Reply #779 on: May 13, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
I paid $400 for my RS ticket. I dont know how much that is in Pounds but I think it is more than 88. I wish I only paid 88 pounds which is around $150.