Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 44111 times)

Offline Xulah

• Wesley Willis
  • Shut up and put the money where your mouth is.
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »
for anyone who has read things about the RS/been to the shows whether rs/gs/seated, does she spend alot of time on the main stage itself?!

i hear she only performs on the catwalk during the acoustic set?

She does perform on the main stage yes quite a lot, but she's at the tip of the prism most of the time, not just for the acoustic set.

Where is the best place to stand in RS?

The top of the prism definitely!

ok. really sorry to bring this bag. but when you say top... you mean tip? or the part closest to the stage. peoples are saying different things. lol. so confused. soz. haha
it depends on the experience you want to live. Tip of the triangle you have her literally a few inches from you a couple of times during the show. Closest to the stage you will live it with more intensity, first song and have her so close. At the right catwalk you'll see her walking there a lot.
I'll make it like your birthday everyday.

Offline rapture

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
for anyone who has read things about the RS/been to the shows whether rs/gs/seated, does she spend alot of time on the main stage itself?!

She does perform on the main stage yes quite a lot, but she's at the tip of the prism most of the time, not just for the acoustic set.

ok. really sorry to bring this bag. but when you say top... you mean tip? or the part closest to the stage. peoples are saying different things. lol. so confused. soz. haha
it depends on the experience you want to live. Tip of the triangle you have her literally a few inches from you a couple of times during the show. Closest to the stage you will live it with more intensity, first song and have her so close. At the right catwalk you'll see her walking there a lot.
The tip of the triangle is the triangle platform/stage in front of the conveyor belts.

It has 2 long sides with general standing and 1 short side with RS. I think Katy wants to make sure everybody has a fair chance and spending a lot of money won't buy you much privilege. She knows where she came from and I came from poverty too.

RS still has an advantage because it isn't tightly packed. You can just walk outside to buy drinks and walk back in to find a new spot on third row without having to push through the crowd. The people around me were friendly enough to let you back to your spot.
15/10/2011 O2 Arena, London
26/10/2011 NIA, Birmingham
10/05/2014 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle: Katy touched my hand
31/05/2014 O2 Arena, London

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • August 4th & 5th, the Light will come in
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2014, 08:08:01 PM »

The tip of the triangle is the triangle platform/stage in front of the conveyor belts.

It has 2 long sides with general standing and 1 short side with RS. I think Katy wants to make sure everybody has a fair chance and spending a lot of money won't buy you much privilege. She knows where she came from and I came from poverty too.

RS still has an advantage because it isn't tightly packed. You can just walk outside to buy drinks and walk back in to find a new spot on third row without having to push through the crowd. The people around me were friendly enough to let you back to your spot.
Thank you so much! This makes me feel much better and very informative!
Prism: let the light in

Offline kp_ezz

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • prismatic world tour✨
« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2014, 04:12:09 AM »
I heard a lot of bad stuff about the RS but I thought it was brilliant, of course there are times when she's not facing you, especially in the acoustic section but apart from that you have a great view. It's also really relaxed (when I went anyway) and you can move around! Hope everyone has a fab time x
5/11/2011 // 11/5/14 // 28/5/14 // 9/3/15

Offline HollieKitty

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • Remembering last summer under the shooting stars
« Reply #739 on: May 12, 2014, 04:36:29 AM »
I'm in the RS tomorrow, really unsure where to try and stand now!
Had to make a new account, KatyCat since 2008.

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #740 on: May 12, 2014, 04:39:21 AM »

Thank you so much! This makes me feel much better and very informative!

See now I stood on the right hand side of the RS and didn't see much of Katy at all, she always chose to face General standing when walking past us so most of my photos/videos are of her back/arse 'cause she rarely faced us. I got home and cried because I stared at the screen for quite a lot of the show but that's just 'cause yano, I've spent a fortune for what's meant to be "the best seats in the house" and they kinda weren't. I was a state, but I'm calm now and tbh the sides aren't all that bad. I looked over my videos and I was very close to her and she even looked right at me at one point! Once I calmed down I realised just how lucky I am to have even been there at the Newcastle show. Yes by top of the Prism I mean the tip, the point. She spends an awful lot of time there, I honestly believe that's the best place to stand in RS and that's where I'm going to stand for the other two dates I'm attending. A LOT of fan interaction goes on up there, none really happens down the catwalk sides or at the main stage. I'm totally over the 'staring at her back and a screen' ordeal now btw. I got some wonderful shots and the show was amazing, Katy's put a lot of work in to PWT and the show really is superb. Katy's really trying hard to make sure she involves the fans as much as possible (GA and RS) and I understand that cannot stretch to everyone in RS. If you're going to more than one date in RS don't concern yourself too much you'll figure out where to stand like I have but if you're only going to one show I'd 100% advise the tip of the prism.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:38 AM »
Yeah trying to get a second show myself now too,

And no one was allowed back to their "spots" in the belfast, it's just different for different shows, I even fainted at one stage gone for like two min and there was no way I was getting my spot back,
I would have loved more of a chance to buy a second round of tickets but I thought she come to Dublin at least so now trying to get tickets for last London show!
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #742 on: May 12, 2014, 04:58:00 AM »
Yeah trying to get a second show myself now too,

And no one was allowed back to their "spots" in the belfast, it's just different for different shows, I even fainted at one stage gone for like two min and there was no way I was getting my spot back,
I would have loved more of a chance to buy a second round of tickets but I thought she come to Dublin at least so now trying to get tickets for last London show!

Do you not think Dublin will be under European shows? Those dates haven't been announced yet and I'm sure it's part of the EU. I could be wrong though.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #743 on: May 12, 2014, 05:11:52 AM »
Not sure it was made out the o2 structure in Dublin wasn't the best designed to equip her stage design! The seat's are above the standing area looking down/over so she wouldn't be able to do her flying stunts etc!

Still hoping though ♡
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #744 on: May 12, 2014, 06:02:08 AM »
The PWT stage doesn't fit in the Dublin O2 :(

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #745 on: May 12, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
Hello  :hithere:

Sooooooo, how do we think short people would fare in the RS? Say, 4' 6" ???

Standing at the tip of the triangle, would shorties get away with this?

Many thanks in advance for the info :)

btw the verification images are a bitch to decipher, or is it just me? :)

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #746 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »
The main stage and the side's would be hard for you im 5"4 and its hard to get above the 'walls'
It's great viewing everywhere but if you do go the main stage be aware if your close you may end up looking up a bit as your so close to all the sides etc

below is a pic of how far she is away from you from the sides section

ah yes a serious pain esp on a phone so awkward and my eye sight is awful as is haha
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:53:20 AM by SharonRKat »
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #747 on: May 12, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »
The captchas go away I think after your 100th post, might be 50.

I have an advantage for RS. I'm going to the first Houston show but I'm floor a row 5 seat one. Second show I have early VIP RS which means I can get a feel for where I want to be after the first show.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »
I'm pretty positive she'll do Dublin with the European tour.

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
It's on twitter she won't as arena is too small - still praying tho ! :thumbzup:

☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014