Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 46215 times)

Offline KatyCatTorzee

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #630 on: April 18, 2014, 06:45:37 PM »
PRISMATIC will be my first Katy's concert. If I'm not in the front, then I'm gonna be piss (jk), but yeah, I really want to be in the front (I got early entry so I hope that helps).

You should still queue to guarantee you get to the front but yes early entry will definitely help! Are you in General Standing or Reflection Section? :-)

I am. I'm planning to go there early in the morning or camp out, haha. I'm in Reflection Section :) I'm so happy I got the ticks for the second date at my venue. I was about to cry when the RS sold out for the first date.

As soon as I saw early entry to venue I was sold on VIP RS hahaha

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline LOVEagain29

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #631 on: April 18, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »
PRISMATIC will be my first Katy's concert. If I'm not in the front, then I'm gonna be piss (jk), but yeah, I really want to be in the front (I got early entry so I hope that helps).

You should still queue to guarantee you get to the front but yes early entry will definitely help! Are you in General Standing or Reflection Section? :-)

I am. I'm planning to go there early in the morning or camp out, haha. I'm in Reflection Section :) I'm so happy I got the ticks for the second date at my venue. I was about to cry when the RS sold out for the first date.

As soon as I saw early entry to venue I was sold on VIP RS hahaha

Same here. I'm willing to pay a little extra to get in early and have good seats (well good spots to stand, lol).

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #632 on: April 18, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »
Do you think that the RS is going to be super packed tight with people? The reason I ask is because I am severely, severely claustrophobic, and have really bad anxiety, and I have RS tickets for LA. I get so excited whenever I think about being so close to Katy in the RS, but a part of me gets super anxious and nervous, bercause I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy the concert and that my anxiety will get so bad that I'll have to leave even before Katy comes on stage to perform. I bet I'll be so into the concert that I won't even notice, but I cant help but feel a bit anxious.  :-\

Regardless, I bet it'll be AMAZING and I'm so so excited to experience being in a pit at a concert! Especially KATY'S pit!!  :firework:

Have you ever been in GA at a concert?

I've been wondering whether I'll end up feeling all claustrophobic too...but to be fair, I've dealt with rock concerts. If I can deal with rock concerts I'm sure I can deal with Katy ;)

Katy concerts are nowhere near as rowdy as rock concerts, if at all. I mean there's the odd few that push and shove but other than that everyone seems to respect each other and just kinda enjoy the show together

So glad to hear it!  :)

No, I've only ever been seated at concerts. That's why I'm concerned.... I'm very scared that I'll have to get up and leave, but it's Katy and obviously I don't want to do that. I'm glad to hear that there's not much shoving! I guess we will see after the first concert in May but I'm still going to try to have as much fun as I can! If I get enough into it (which I definitely will), then I might be able to ignore the anxiety anyway.  :)
Regardless of whether or not it is a Katy concert or a rock concert, don't expect everyone to be all super nice and give you space. There is definitely going to be some pushing, maybe not crazy, but it's free standing and we all are massive Katy fans and want to be as close to her as possible. I'm not going to lie, I'm not leaving my spot or moving for anybody in the RS, and if I want to get an even better look at Katy, well, try to push my way through a little bit. Don't mean to sound mean, but let's be real here.
That is a bit nasty, why is it fair for you to push your way through other people? That's really horrible. People have paid a fortune to see Katy, it's not very nice of you to push people out of the way and there's no need to have that kind of attitude. Just queue up like everyone else who wants to be near Katy and you'll be able to choose where you stand in RS.
That's perhaps the difference between some fans and - some other fans - what people don't understand is, you won't be 'near Katy' anywhere; you simply watch the show, from wherever you are, if you queue up for 12 hours, if you kick someone in the arse - the one will leave you exhausted before the show starts, the other gets you picked out by security, and all for nothing.   

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #633 on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
Do you think that the RS is going to be super packed tight with people? The reason I ask is because I am severely, severely claustrophobic, and have really bad anxiety, and I have RS tickets for LA. I get so excited whenever I think about being so close to Katy in the RS, but a part of me gets super anxious and nervous, bercause I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy the concert and that my anxiety will get so bad that I'll have to leave even before Katy comes on stage to perform. I bet I'll be so into the concert that I won't even notice, but I cant help but feel a bit anxious.  :-\

Regardless, I bet it'll be AMAZING and I'm so so excited to experience being in a pit at a concert! Especially KATY'S pit!!  :firework:

I've been wondering whether I'll end up feeling all claustrophobic too...but to be fair, I've dealt with rock concerts. If I can deal with rock concerts I'm sure I can deal with Katy ;)

Katy concerts are nowhere near as rowdy as rock concerts, if at all. I mean there's the odd few that push and shove but other than that everyone seems to respect each other and just kinda enjoy the show together

No, I've only ever been seated at concerts. That's why I'm concerned.... I'm very scared that I'll have to get up and leave, but it's Katy and obviously I don't want to do that. I'm glad to hear that there's not much shoving! I guess we will see after the first concert in May but I'm still going to try to have as much fun as I can! If I get enough into it (which I definitely will), then I might be able to ignore the anxiety anyway.  :)
Regardless of whether or not it is a Katy concert or a rock concert, don't expect everyone to be all super nice and give you space. There is definitely going to be some pushing, maybe not crazy, but it's free standing and we all are massive Katy fans and want to be as close to her as possible. I'm not going to lie, I'm not leaving my spot or moving for anybody in the RS, and if I want to get an even better look at Katy, well, try to push my way through a little bit. Don't mean to sound mean, but let's be real here.
That is a bit nasty, why is it fair for you to push your way through other people? That's really horrible. People have paid a fortune to see Katy, it's not very nice of you to push people out of the way and there's no need to have that kind of attitude. Just queue up like everyone else who wants to be near Katy and you'll be able to choose where you stand in RS.
That's perhaps the difference between some fans and - some other fans - what people don't understand is, you won't be 'near Katy' anywhere; you simply watch the show, from wherever you are, if you queue up for 12 hours, if you kick someone in the arse - the one will leave you exhausted before the show starts, the other gets you picked out by security, and all for nothing.
I agree, we won't. I totally get the whole pushing and shoving when you're in general standing, it's very unpleasant but a lot of people want to be at the front and at the barrier I get it. I just thought people would be a bit different having RS tickets since you're in a pit with what I imagine is meant to be a better view hence paying more money. I didn't think pushing and shoving would be necessary.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #634 on: April 18, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
^ You're gonna have people pushing and shoving regardless. If you have early entry, you should be fine. If there are people in the RS causing trouble, the security will pluck them out. It's a Katy concert, I can't see the pit being obnoxious.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #635 on: April 18, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
^ You're gonna have people pushing and shoving regardless. If you have early entry, you should be fine. If there are people in the RS causing trouble, the security will pluck them out. It's a Katy concert, I can't see the pit being obnoxious.

I'm not concerned about pushing and shoving, I can handle it. I just think the comment I replied to was a bit nasty that's all saying she's gonna push people if she wants a better view of Katy.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #636 on: April 18, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »
I have VIP (early entry) RS for the second Houston show. I have floor a row 5 seat one for the first so gonna buy all my merch the first show and scout out RS. Plus since it's the last us dates and almost last North American dates I should have a good grasp of things from other ppl.

Just don't want to end up in the very middle to where you aren't really close to be stage or anything. Early entry should help with that.

Also, if you don't have RS or anything be sure to double check your venues site. Just got my VIP RS today from the Toyota centers site so some might still have some packages.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline robotindisguise87

• Know it all
« Reply #637 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:36 AM »
IMO it would be worth queuing just for a bit for the RS. I said this once before and I think someone disagreed with me (I never really understood why) but I think being at the back of RS would be horrible, especially for the amount of money that you pay to be in there, because you paid it to be near to Katy, but at the back of RS the only time she will be near you is when she will be at that very front part of the stage in which case she'll be facing the other side of the arena and have her back to you.

I think if you want to be in the RS you definitely don't want to be at the back of it.

welp. i like ur thinking. logic rocks my socks, hehehehehe! i'll just add on, tho, that I've heard some inside scoop and the choice of where to be in RS is not as "black and white" as it may seem at first. :)

All depends on how long she spends on the main stage or the catwalk. I'm personally going to try for a mid-way point on the barrier... hopefully.  :lol:
I get this feeling to be anywhere around the edge of the construction would perhaps be more desirable than to by all means wanting to be one of those few out of a few hundred who can possibly be in the first row at front - which may as well turn out not even the best place to be in.
I think I'm very privileged to be in the RS at all, and it will be a fantastic experience whereever within it I'll be.
Everybody who's there is rather privileged, and rather than to spoil one's anticipation of it by worrying about not getting one's money's worth I find it better to just relax and enjoy the show when it comes. I also believe that being at the front row doesn't bring a kind of frequent 'contact' with Katy, that's - the way I understood it - not at all what she meant when she talked about being 'in' the audience.

Oh I definitely agree, I'm just happy to be there. I do prefer barrier's because I always find it a bit easier breathe and I bit more comfortable for me, I sometimes do get  a bit claustrophobic in pits.
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline oliviaeden

• Wants a Taste Test
  • & you'll learn that you can still go on
« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2014, 04:35:44 AM »
Do you think that the RS is going to be super packed tight with people? The reason I ask is because I am severely, severely claustrophobic, and have really bad anxiety, and I have RS tickets for LA. I get so excited whenever I think about being so close to Katy in the RS, but a part of me gets super anxious and nervous, because I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy the concert and that my anxiety will get so bad that I'll have to leave even before Katy comes on stage to perform. I bet I'll be so into the concert that I won't even notice, but I cant help but feel a bit anxious.  :-\

Oh.... Okay. I'm a massive katy fan as well, that's why I got RS tickets. But if like you said, people won't budge and give each other space and what not, then I might just have to have my friend FaceTime me the concert or something. I have a serious medical condition and if people won't move, like you said, then I definitely won't be able to handle it. Yeah, I agree.... it's not the best attitude for you to have & it was kind of rude, but I appreciate you telling me the straight up truth so that I won't be miserable.
♡ katycat since the beginning ♡

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2014, 06:09:10 AM »
Do you think that the RS is going to be super packed tight with people? The reason I ask is because I am severely, severely claustrophobic, and have really bad anxiety, and I have RS tickets for LA. I get so excited whenever I think about being so close to Katy in the RS, but a part of me gets super anxious and nervous, because I'm scared I won't be able to enjoy the concert and that my anxiety will get so bad that I'll have to leave even before Katy comes on stage to perform. I bet I'll be so into the concert that I won't even notice, but I cant help but feel a bit anxious.  :-\

Oh.... Okay. I'm a massive katy fan as well, that's why I got RS tickets. But if like you said, people won't budge and give each other space and what not, then I might just have to have my friend FaceTime me the concert or something. I have a serious medical condition and if people won't move, like you said, then I definitely won't be able to handle it. Yeah, I agree.... it's not the best attitude for you to have & it was kind of rude, but I appreciate you telling me the straight up truth so that I won't be miserable.
Don't worry, it won't be as bad as that  :lol: In a crowd I'm usually aware of other people's comfort, respectively discomfort e.g. as you describe it, and I'm sure the majority of people there will think like that.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #640 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »

Don't worry, it won't be as bad as that  :lol: In a crowd I'm usually aware of other people's comfort, respectively discomfort e.g. as you describe it, and I'm sure the majority of people there will think like that.
Wasn't trying to be rude, I was just stating what is most likely going to happen at the concert. I never said I was going to body slam people to get to see Katy, I meant more like slither through a little. Believe me, I'm not an butthole Katy fan who is obnoxious about wanting to see Katy,  I consider other people as well, especially if they had a medical condition or something. I'm being truthful in saying that not all people are going to be nice, and it's a free standing section, we are all anxious to see our idol and don't expect people to nicely let you move around and what not. Not being rude, I'm being truthful. I sincerely apologize for coming off nasty, I didn't mean to come off that way! I respect other fans, but from my experience at other free standing concerts people aren't the most generous, and I want to enjoy the concert that I also paid a lot of money for as well. Sorry for offending anybody!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:08:07 AM by Squeeniex27 »
Prism: let the light in

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #641 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »
Sydney's show has two standing zones. RS like other concerts, but also the GA section. So double the standing and sadly probably double the amount of pushing and shoving.

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline ChrisB

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #642 on: April 19, 2014, 06:35:45 PM »
I was in the GA section on the CDT tour and there wasnt any pushing/shoving/drunk behavior around me

It was mostly girls 14-18, i had plenty of space to move around

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #643 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
im soy excited theres like no info on reflection section and in a couple days we're gonna have sooo much info on reflection section ah ahh :dreamboat:

Offline KittenHangingByAThread

• Your words can pollute the future.
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
im soy excited theres like no info on reflection section and in a couple days we're gonna have sooo much info on reflection section ah ahh :dreamboat:
Soy excited to see what the KC's that will be at the Belfast show will think!
City lights and big dreams. | PROUD KATYCAT #68481

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kittenonathread
Tumblr: http://cupcakesushikimono.tumblr.com
Calgary Dreams 7/16/2011| PWT Calgary 8/29/2014 :xx: