Author Topic: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR  (Read 59919 times)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
Re: The Reflection Section for the PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »

Guys how high is the actual main part of the stage? It looks like there's a sort of tunnel leading into the RS on the right side of the stage. Unless people crawl through it (:lol:), it seems like the stage is really high up, so that people at the front of the RS wouldn't be able to see much?

i think there might be a security zone in front of the RS, meaning that people wouldn't be stuck to the front wall, but separated from this front wall by that "security zone"... like any pit section would be separated from the main stage actually :) just my idea...
That's what I thought but then I saw this plan which actually has a security area on the outskirts of the RS but not inside it.  :-\
It could be wrong though, I can't imagine they'd expect people to stand right up against the wall of the RS with no view, especially after paying that much for it.  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Online sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #466 on: January 26, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
i'm so happy we have images of the stage layout now!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #467 on: January 26, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Do you think it's a good idea to take tickets for this section if we don't buy the vip package? Cause with the VIP one, people will have the priority, so they will all go in front of the stage and the rest of the people will be in the middle of the triangle, which means...they won't see well (especially if they're small haha). What do you think?

This is a triangle... there is no way anyone inside is having a bad view !!! Those first in front will be back when she'll be at the tip of the triangle... And as for the catwalk both sides of the triangle, both front and back rows will be equal... Reflection section IS the place to be, IMO. And for the North Ameriacn dates, it's fucking 250 people !!! AKA nothing. Even i will try getting those tix, and i have agoraphobia... For the UK, it's 500 people, more, but i could try that. For Europe, we don't know yet, but i do hope it's North American version ;)
Oh thank you, it helps :) I'm just afraid that I won't be able to see anything if I'm in the middle, because I'm small haha. And I had a bad experience when I got to see Marina & The Diamonds, cause I almost fainted, there were too much people and so little space...But 250 people doesn't sound like a LOT of people...except if the triangle is very small haha but it doesn't seem like it so it will be fine I guess :)

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #468 on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
But people need to remember... when you're at the back of the RS, Katy will get near to you when she she comes out to the second stage, but her back will be to you the whole time, which may just make you want to turn back around and look towards the screens at the front so you can see her face. Back of the RS doesn't sound good to me tbh.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #469 on: January 26, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »
But people need to remember... when you're at the back of the RS, Katy will get near to you when she she comes out to the second stage, but her back will be to you the whole time, which may just make you want to turn back around and look towards the screens at the front so you can see her face. Back of the RS doesn't sound good to me tbh.

She'll turn around, and walk to the tip, there's no way she's ignoring those at the tip of the triangle... I think everyone will get the same amount of attention cause when she'll be on the main stage, she's also going left and right, and when she'll be at the tip, i'm sure she'll interact with people in the RS too... And people at the top front of the RS will also just see the screen when she'll be at the tip, so tip or front, i think it's about the same... It's difficult to imagine precisely when you don't have the actual visual of the stage but just a representation, with no concrete idea of the distances.

I'm not sure this is constructive, but it's very much about WHY you go to a concert : have a 10 milliseconds eyecontact with the singer or enjoy the music and the general mood ? Cause if it's the 1st one, anywhere in the venue you might be disappointed : I know Katy interacts a lot with the audience during all the shows, but she'll do just the same on a much bigger stage than the CDT... So she'll divide the attention to spread it to all the inches of that bigger and longer stage...

Once again, just my opinion...

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2014, 03:40:39 PM »

She'll turn around, and walk to the tip, there's no way she's ignoring those at the tip of the triangle... I think everyone will get the same amount of attention cause when she'll be on the main stage, she's also going left and right, and when she'll be at the tip, i'm sure she'll interact with people in the RS too... And people at the top front of the RS will also just see the screen when she'll be at the tip, so tip or front, i think it's about the same... It's difficult to imagine precisely when you don't have the actual visual of the stage but just a representation, with no concrete idea of the distances.

I'm not sure this is constructive, but it's very much about WHY you go to a concert : have a 10 milliseconds eyecontact with the singer or enjoy the music and the general mood ? Cause if it's the 1st one, anywhere in the venue you might be disappointed : I know Katy interacts a lot with the audience during all the shows, but she'll do just the same on a much bigger stage than the CDT... So she'll divide the attention to spread it to all the inches of that bigger and longer stage...

I really don't think much turning around will be done. Maybe once or twice for a few seconds she will quickly but she can't perform facing the RS with her back to most of the audience whilst she is at the front of the stage, that is the time for her to focus on the people outside of the RS as when she is back on the main stage, 90% of her focus will be on the RS because they are the people closet to her. And but at least the people at the front of the RS will be able to see her face when she is close to them, back of the RS probably won't. It really doesn't seem that easy on a stage like this, she really can't be everywhere at once, and even on the CDT there were some places better than others.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #471 on: January 26, 2014, 04:08:41 PM »
front RS is probably top of the top, but what i meant is that i don't think there is a BAD situation in the RS. And until we know how much time she spends on the main stage, maybe front RS will see a lot of big screen and seats at the tip of the RS will see a lot of Katy ;)

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #472 on: January 26, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »

I really don't think much turning around will be done. Maybe once or twice for a few seconds she will quickly but she can't perform facing the RS with her back to most of the audience whilst she is at the front of the stage, that is the time for her to focus on the people outside of the RS as when she is back on the main stage, 90% of her focus will be on the RS because they are the people closet to her. And but at least the people at the front of the RS will be able to see her face when she is close to them, back of the RS probably won't. It really doesn't seem that easy on a stage like this, she really can't be everywhere at once, and even on the CDT there were some places better than others.

I think the point that Olivia is making is that this is going to be the best GA experience there is. Sure the front may be the best just like any other GA but what those GA's lack is a stage surrounding you. So basically yea the same rules of GA applies in the sense that those that come early and hug the stage will be closest to the musician for the majority of the show but RS offers a more well-rounded experience for all of GA. 

Rambled a bit, hope that made some sense. Anyway we'll also have to wait and see what exactly Katy does.

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #473 on: January 27, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
I hear people are getting them to come up in the public sale! Yay!! :firework:

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework:

Offline aaronf1991

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #474 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »

I've been trying all day for every single show and I can't get any reflection section at all.  It's really upsetting me.  I'm going to have a breakdown!

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #475 on: January 27, 2014, 01:44:53 PM »
What shows are you going to?:

I've been trying all day for every single show and I can't get any reflection section at all.  It's really upsetting me.  I'm going to have a breakdown!

Offline aaronf1991

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #476 on: January 27, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »

I want Raleigh, Atlanta, or New Orleans, but at this point, I'll take anything on the East Coast tbh as long as it's Reflection Section.  I'm dying to be in the reflection section but can't see paying $400+ from scalpers on stubhub.

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #477 on: January 27, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
Yes, it is crazy how much people are selling their tickets for. I hope you are able to get RS as dome point.

I want Raleigh, Atlanta, or New Orleans, but at this point, I'll take anything on the East Coast tbh as long as it's Reflection Section.  I'm dying to be in the reflection section but can't see paying $400+ from scalpers on stubhub.

Offline cruz86

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #478 on: January 27, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

I don't know what your price range is but one Barclays show on Stubhub is charging in the $300 range for RS.

http://www.stubhub.com/katy-perry-tickets/katy-perry-brooklyn-barclays-center-24-7-2014-4450746/?ticket_id=528465977

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #479 on: January 27, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »

I think the point that Olivia is making is that this is going to be the best GA experience there is. Sure the front may be the best just like any other GA but what those GA's lack is a stage surrounding you. So basically yea the same rules of GA applies in the sense that those that come early and hug the stage will be closest to the musician for the majority of the show but RS offers a more well-rounded experience for all of GA. 

Rambled a bit, hope that made some sense. Anyway we'll also have to wait and see what exactly Katy does.

I know for a fact the RS will be cared for. Katy and management made such a deal about it, so there definitely will be taken care of. 
Prism: let the light in