Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

Author Topic: I posted a Katy Perry fan fiction story  (Read 550 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
I posted a Katy Perry fan fiction story
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
The thread about dreams involving Katy Perry inspired me to write a fan fiction story about Katy Perry going on a cruise.  Bot myself and another poster on that thread had a dream involving Katy being on a cruise, so I decided to post a story, loosely based on real cruises that I've been on (mostly one from July 2013).  I'll post a link here in case you weren't reading that thread:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/9943106-katy-perry%27s-dream-cruise

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: I posted a Katy Perry fan fiction story
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:42:56 PM »
Has anyone read my story?  What do you think of it?  Post comments either here or on Wattpad.  Thanks.

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Little Voyeur
  • A crowning battle is in my forseeable future!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:12 AM »
I'm liking what I've read...good story!  :thumbzup:

How long did it take for you to put it all together?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:02:49 AM »
I'm liking what I've read...good story!  :thumbzup:

How long did it take for you to put it all together?

Thanks.  Did you read the whole story?  What comments do you have?  Did I do a good job of capturing Katy's personality?

It didn't take all that long to put it all together.  It was loosely based on several real-life cruises that my wife and I have been on, mostly our most recent, on the Carnival Dream, in July 2013.  I wrote it with my wife just for fun, and decided it was good so I decided to post it.

When I mentioned Superstar Live, everything I wrote in that section was real (except for being hosted by Katy).  Two consecutive songs were Katy Perry songs sung by young girls where the host cleaned up the lyrics for them.  The boy who didn't like Katy Perry was based on a real conversation that I overheard after those 2 performances, where I overheard a young boy complaining to his mother that he doesn't like Katy Perry.  The girl who asked Katy where the smoking area was based on when (on another cruise, in 2011) a random girl asked me where the smoking area was (I didn't know, since I don't smoke), but everything else about her I made up (I did not have an extended conversation with her like Katy did, nor do I know whether or not she was an aspiring singer).  The excursions were all excursions that my wife and I did on our 2013 cruise.

• Little Voyeur
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
I did finish the entire story...I was surprised at how in your story, she smoked. Wasn't too sure if that was real or fake, but it caught me off guard. Other than that, the story sounds fun to me and you did a decent job capturing Katy's personality without trying to make the perfect storyline. Can I rate it? I'd give it 4 out of 5

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 02:32:17 PM »
I did finish the entire story...I was surprised at how in your story, she smoked. Wasn't too sure if that was real or fake, but it caught me off guard. Other than that, the story sounds fun to me and you did a decent job capturing Katy's personality without trying to make the perfect storyline. Can I rate it? I'd give it 4 out of 5

There are many pictures of Katy smoking on the internet.  She herself said in 2010 that she was seriously addicted to smoking and was trying to quit.  Russell Brand said that she was constantly chain smoking in 2011, but that is probably an exaggeration.  It is not known how much she currently smokes, if at all, and that seems to be a subject of debate.

Katy also has an unreleased song called "Nothing Like the First Time", which is clearly autobiographical, and she mentions in the song that she and her then boyfriend both smoke.  That song appears to be set in the fall of 2001 (which is why I said in my story that she started smoking in 2001; no idea if that is accurate or not).  The song says that she was 17, and that the leaves were falling, and mentions California.  Katy's 17th birthday was Oct. 25, 2001.  I'm guessing that in southern California, leaves wouldn't start falling until late fall, so that song probably takes place in late 2001.  I suspect that "The One That Got Away" is about that same boyfriend, although that appears to take place in late 2002, since it mentions her 18th birthday.  I know that the boyfriend in "Nothing Like the First Time" was a Christian rocker, and he may have even co-wrote the song with her.  The boyfriend in "The One That Got Away" is also clearly a singer, since it has the line "Saw you downtown, singing the blues".  I assume she took artistic license with the "summer after high school" line, since Katy was only in high school for 1 semester, the fall of 1999.  Though it is possible that she was dating that guy in the summer of 2000 and they were still together in October 2002.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »
By the way, what did you mean when you said "without trying to make the perfect storyline"?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »
The quote that you found about her being 'seriously addicted to cigarettes' was from a newspaper which is known for being full of lies and that wasn't even a direct quote from Katy, it was 'reportedly' from 'a friend'. She is not addicted to cigarettes now and obviously never has been, she just likes one here and there. Katy has said that TOTGA is not about anyone in particular, it's just about the feeling of losing love and not all of the events that she sings about in the song actually happened. No offence but you're looking a little too far into things. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:54:43 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

• Little Voyeur
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »
By the way, what did you mean when you said "without trying to make the perfect storyline"?

I meant that you didn't have to make the story too much of fantasy...that's all

Hopefully that cleared it up ;-)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
The quote that you found about her being 'seriously addicted to cigarettes' was from a newspaper which is known for being full of lies and that wasn't even a direct quote from Katy, it was 'reportedly' from 'a friend'. She is not addicted to cigarettes now and obviously never has been, she just likes one here and there.

No, I am talking about a direct quote from her from 2010.  She also said to her fans that smoking is not cool or sexy, and that they should not smoke.  She also said that she was going to go to the "Mad Russian" hypnotist to help quit smoking.  But that did not work.

Katy has said that TOTGA is not about anyone in particular, it's just about the feeling of losing love and not all of the events that she sings about in the song actually happened.

That could be, but I'm sure it was at least loosly inspired by whatever guy or guys she dated during the 2000 to 2002 period.

No offence but you're looking a little too far into things.

I was just answering Legend's question.

Offline EimearDevaney

• Wesley Willis
  • Be yourself and you can be anything.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure she isn't addicted to smoking. I mean I ain't gonna speak on her behalf, but she has even said it here on KPF. She only rarely smokes when she's drinking, and it's not a habit.

Dublin Dreams March 28th 2011 - Best Day Of My Life ♥

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
Has anyone read my story?  This thread should be discussing that, rather than Katy's smoking habit or lack of.  (if you actually read my story, Katy didn't smoke even 1 cigarette while actually on the cruise).

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
Has anyone read the story?  I still want to hear more comments on it.  On the site itself, there is only 1 comment.