Author Topic: The Prismatic World Tour (UK, N. America, AUS, NZ) / Katy Perry Dates for 2014  (Read 37759 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: The Prismatic Tour 2014
« Reply #570 on: January 23, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
Trying to work out what that 'prismatic' thing at the front of the main stage is meant to be

FFS she's doubling every effing show EXCEPT the one i'd like her to...

Which one's that?  Don't give up hope.  She's literally adding more every hour.

yeah, but my time has passed, she's going along with the pre-sales adding the show... I thought she would add a 2nd madison square garden show, but Michael Bublé is on at the MSG on the 8th, so, not gonna happen i think...
Would Barclays not be ok?

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #571 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:34 PM »
FFS she's doubling every effing show EXCEPT the one i'd like her to...

Which one's that?  Don't give up hope.  She's literally adding more every hour.

yeah, but my time has passed, she's going along with the pre-sales adding the show... I thought she would add a 2nd madison square garden show, but Michael Bublé is on at the MSG on the 8th, so, not gonna happen i think...

So weird that she wouldn't do at least two shows there since it's such an iconic venue.  Maybe she'll double it up, but after the other shows?  Kind of like how she did a third LA show months later for CDT?

i won't be there a month later ! :( but not complaining, just surprised and just a tiny little bit disappointed, for now, since like you said, it's such a myth to play the MSG... i wanted to be there when she does ! And i'd like a 2nd show just for the sake of it :)

Would Barclays not be ok?

problem with the dates :) can't be there for too long, and i simply HAVE TO be at the MSG when she plays there :)

Offline Katyfornia.

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #572 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »
I got front row floor seats for Pittsburgh right at the tip of the stage  :firework: :flowerpower: :frolickingghost: :dreamboat: :rofl: :strawberry:

Thanks CandyPurry for making<3 I also had him credit the user who took the photos in the first place! :D

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #573 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
I got front row floor seats for Pittsburgh right at the tip of the stage  :firework: :flowerpower: :frolickingghost: :dreamboat: :rofl: :strawberry:

Congrats!! Was it through the FB or bundle presale?

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2014, 05:22:52 PM »
I can't believe Katy added ANOTHER Toronto show. She's really lovin' us Canadians. I'm definitely trying to get tickets for her last show in Toronto.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
Trying to work out what that 'prismatic' thing at the front of the main stage is meant to be

Bet that's where she'll start the show. She'll be inside the Pyramid and it'll open up into the shape in the first image as the music for Walking on Air* starts to play. I'd imagine the platform in the middle rises up and maybe the entire thing spins a bit?

Might also be where she ends it, with the Pyramid closing back up around her as the final "You're Gonna Hear Me Roar!*" plays.

(*My guesses for opening and closing songs, seems fairly obvious choices to me?)
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
Think she'll definitely close with Roar (what else) but... not quite sure she'll open with WOA, but then again I can't really think of anything else more appropriate to open with.

I just have doubts about it cause when she was doing promo shows during the Teenage Dream era before the tour she always opened with Hot n Cold, which made me so certain she'd open with that on the CDT, but then she surprised me with TD as the opener on tour. Just makes me think she doesn't like promo shows to be too similar to the tour and give too much of a hint as to what the tour will be like.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #577 on: January 24, 2014, 09:22:30 PM »
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING OMG

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Purrrfection
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #578 on: January 24, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
Think she'll definitely close with Roar (what else) but... not quite sure she'll open with WOA, but then again I can't really think of anything else more appropriate to open with.

I just have doubts about it cause when she was doing promo shows during the Teenage Dream era before the tour she always opened with Hot n Cold, which made me so certain she'd open with that on the CDT, but then she surprised me with TD as the opener on tour. Just makes me think she doesn't like promo shows to be too similar to the tour and give too much of a hint as to what the tour will be like.
Maybe not Hot n' Cold because it was not on the Teenage Dream album? I think they needed something from the album to start with.

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2014, 11:20:12 PM »
Starting with Walking on Air and ending with Walking on Air would both be great choices!  I'm so excited to see how she's going to work this new stage design!  I guess we'll find out after the first few dates!

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2014, 03:34:33 AM »
Same, I hope she spends a fair amount of time on the main stage (I think she will since the pointy part doesn't have much room for special production and such) because my floor seat is right on the corner of the main stage and the triangle way up in the front. Excited nonetheless!

Offline robotindisguise87

« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2014, 04:05:34 AM »
I would like IKAG for the opening, I just love the way the music has been re-done for all the promo shows so far and think it would be a cool opening to have. WOA would be a great choice too, Roar definitely encore  :pinkbow:
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline cruz86

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »
Yikes! I'm nervous now. I have seats in F9 and was hoping most of the concert was at the prism catwalk.

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »

Bet that's where she'll start the show. She'll be inside the Pyramid and it'll open up into the shape in the first image as the music for Walking on Air* starts to play. I'd imagine the platform in the middle rises up and maybe the entire thing spins a bit?

Might also be where she ends it, with the Pyramid closing back up around her as the final "You're Gonna Hear Me Roar!*" plays.

(*My guesses for opening and closing songs, seems fairly obvious choices to me?)

Im trying to figure out where is actually the best place to stand in the Reflection Section. Right now I am considering about standing at the very back of it. Considering Katy will probably spend lots of time at the sides and end of the catwalk. And at the back you are still close enough to get a great view of the Main stage. We shall see.

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ♥▽PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR♥▽
« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »

Ahhh so excited to see how see how Katy opens the show!! I must say it's gonna be really hard to top the CDT opener! Teenage Dream -  Goosebumps!!!! :xx:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13, 7/5/14, 21/5/14, 23/5/14, 28/5/14, 30/5/14, 31/5/14 ♥

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)