Author Topic: Grammy Salute to the Beattles - CBS, US - February 9th 2014  (Read 2687 times)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
Re: Grammy Salute to the Beattles - CBS, US - February 9th 2014
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 07:17:34 PM »
As someone who despised pop culture (and still do except Katy) until about 5-6 months ago, I understand where some of the Beatles fans are coming from. I strongly disliked any performances current artists did of Led Zeppelin songs, although I appreciated the effort to cover it. Now on the other end of the spectrum, I see both sides. I think Katy's voice was beautiful, and she did a great rendition of the song. But if I was not a fan of Katy and was a huge Beatles-nut, I would probably think it sucked simply because it was a current artist who is generally viewed as just another popstar.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:23 AM »
The world annoys me. Take a look at this:
http://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/video/katy-perry-blasted-changing-beatles-061211897.html

How is she getting blasted for doing something that countless musicians have done. When singing a song by an artist who is the opposite gender it only makes sense to change it. It makes no sense for her (a woman) to sing "man" instead of "girl" and "he" instead of "she"
That's stupid. Katy didn't change the song much at all and she did a beautiful job and it fit her voice very well.  I'll bet Paul and Ringo were proud!

They make it sound like she rewrote entire lines rather than just change the pronouns.
As the link is only about twitter, you don't need to take it seriously. Twitter is all about silly children who don't know what they say. I don't read it anymore, the only times when I bother is when my iPad beeps because Katy tweeted. And twitter isn't the Internet, it's an app on the Internet.
Women have sung YESTERDAY changing the gender of the song long before Katy, and that shows how much they know.

I lived for the Beatles before Katy was born, and her performance was one of the most beautiful things I've seen with Katy. So, it's not about 'fans' either, only about ignorants.
Did the haters ask SirPaulMcCartney and Ringo Starr who were in the audience before writing their nonsense?

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Purrrfection
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »
The world annoys me. Take a look at this:
http://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/video/katy-perry-blasted-changing-beatles-061211897.html

How is she getting blasted for doing something that countless musicians have done. When singing a song by an artist who is the opposite gender it only makes sense to change it. It makes no sense for her (a woman) to sing "man" instead of "girl" and "he" instead of "she"
That's stupid. Katy didn't change the song much at all and she did a beautiful job and it fit her voice very well.  I'll bet Paul and Ringo were proud!

They make it sound like she rewrote entire lines rather than just change the pronouns.
As the link is only about twitter, you don't need to take it seriously. Twitter is all about silly children who don't know what they say. I don't read it anymore, the only times when I bother is when my iPad beeps because Katy tweeted. And twitter isn't the Internet, it's an app on the Internet.
Women have sung YESTERDAY changing the gender of the song long before Katy, and that shows how much they know.

I lived for the Beatles before Katy was born, and her performance was one of the most beautiful things I've seen with Katy. So, it's not about 'fans' either, only about ignorants.
Did the haters ask SirPaulMcCartney and Ringo Starr who were in the audience before writing their nonsense?
I agree. They are overreacting.  :grr:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
I had heard about this event, but unfortunately didn't watch it, and didn't know Katy would be there.  Is it going to air again, or is it available online anywhere?  If it's online, hopefully it's not distorted.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »
I had heard about this event, but unfortunately didn't watch it, and didn't know Katy would be there.  Is it going to air again, or is it available online anywhere?  If it's online, hopefully it's not distorted.
it was online first, KP lately had the video there and I was lucky to watch it twice one morning before I had to leave. When I got back home later it was deleted, and since then I've not seen it anywhere.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant