Author Topic: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Lilithia

• Reading Hemingway
  • Lilithia on Twitter
Re: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »
Well, I personally LOVED her performance. I had to re-watch it to see what the fuss was about, but I didn't think she did that bad at all.
http://www.twitter.com/lilithia
1st ever Melbourne show The Prince Bandroom 2008
Hello Katy Tour 2009 {The Forum, Melbourne}
Exclusive Debit Mastercard Show 2010 {Plaza Ballroom, Melbourne}
Exclusive Sunrise TV Gig 2010 {Plaza Ballroom, Melbourne}
#MELBOURNEDREAMS California Dreams Tour 28th & 29th of April 2011 {Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne}
Purr Perfume Launch 2011 {Myer Bourke St Mall, Melbourne}
KP3D Australian Premiere 2012 {Event Cinemas, Sydney}
Exclusive Sunrise TV Gig 2013 {Sydney Opera House, Sydney}

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Keith Lemon - UK Comedian Defended her the other day about this performance :) so sweet!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
Keith Lemon - UK Comedian Defended her the other day about this performance :) so sweet!

What did he say?  Was it a serious defense, or just a joke?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »

What did he say?  Was it a serious defense, or just a joke?

No genuinely defended her

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/video/keith-lemon-defends-katy-perry-112244532.html
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 02:07:40 PM »
MUCH LOVE to Keith Lemon for that. That is what everyone who actually SEES her live says.

And yeah, I have been thinking, the Brit Awards performance really does need to slay. With the backlash she got from X Factor she needs to redeem herself and get back on people's good side.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »
MUCH LOVE to Keith Lemon for that. That is what everyone who actually SEES her live says.

And yeah, I have been thinking, the Brit Awards performance really does need to slay. With the backlash she got from X Factor she needs to redeem herself and get back on people's good side.

Keith is a babe! The mics are weird on XF, so i bloody hope that it does her justice at the Brits! - are you british? :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

Keith is a babe! The mics are weird on XF, so i bloody hope that it does her justice at the Brits! - are you british? :)
Yeah and they often make you perform with a backing track instead of with your band and that can mess with you. Yep :)

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »

Yeah and they often make you perform with a backing track instead of with your band and that can mess with you. Yep :)

Exactly! Plus she was flying in a cage - give her a break! - Ah awesome! Where abouts? :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »

Exactly! Plus she was flying in a cage - give her a break! - Ah awesome! Where abouts? :)
London :) I actually waited outside for her after this but I guess she couldn't  stop. You? :)

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
Well, I personally LOVED her performance. I had to re-watch it to see what the fuss was about, but I didn't think she did that bad at all.
THIS!  :thumbzup:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »

I've got to absolutely disagree with your last sentence.
Katy does not need to redeem herself of anything because she hasn't done anything wrong, and, most importantly, hasn't even given the bad performance she was accused of.
Also, which are the people on whose good side she'd be supposed to get on? If they are the same ignorants who smear their babble in tabloids, plus those who smear their unqualified comments next to it, she doesn't have to, at all. Those things, after their first upheaval, don't count. Innumerable people are going bananas because Katy performs for a whole month on this little island, and that's what counts. The little soap bubbles of hate, blown by the ignorant haters who will always remain ignorant no matter what anybody does, are insignificant.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 07:48:15 PM »

Katy does not need to redeem herself of anything because she hasn't done anything wrong, and, most importantly, hasn't even given the bad performance she was accused of.
Also, which are the people on whose good side she'd be supposed to get on? If they are the same ignorants who smear their babble in tabloids, plus those who smear their unqualified comments next to it, she doesn't have to, at all. Those things, after their first upheaval, don't count. Innumerable people are going bananas because Katy performs for a whole month on this little island, and that's what counts. The little soap bubbles of hate, blown by the ignorant haters who will always remain ignorant no matter what anybody does, are insignificant.

The problem is that the general public, and the people who decide who wins awards, don't seem to understand Katy.

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2014, 08:04:37 PM »
Yeah as much as he annoys me at times, that was cool of him to defend her, especially without the controversy even being brought up in interview or something.

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:54 PM »
Where do you even find the energy to make as big a deal as possible and write a whole mini essay on a little sentence of about 20 words? I find it funny that you even care what I said. All did was reiterate what Keith Lemon said. Don't pretend you wouldn't like the same thing and don't care what people say, I notice you, not just on here but on other websites too, continually defending Katy against things people say.

All I meant was this performance needs to come off better than her last two big UK performances have. I'm not obsessed with the public's perception of her but I hardly enjoy when people talk shit about Katy and I have no doubt that you do either. You seem to have wanted to nitpick every detail of what I said and got a little too sensitive about the 'needs to redeem herself' part. I just got the idea of the wording from what Keith Lemon, who was defending her and said she sounded good, said. Really no need for a fuss.
Yeah as much as he annoys me at times, that was cool of him to defend her, especially without the controversy even being brought up in interview or something.

I don't know him that well but I think he's funny! I suppose he can be quite rude at times though, his jokes can be a little sexist.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:34:49 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21:36 PM »
Where do you even find the energy to make as big a deal as possible and write a whole mini essay on a little sentence of about 20 words? I find it funny that you even care what I said. All did was reiterate what Keith Lemon said. Don't pretend you wouldn't like the same thing and don't care what people say, I notice you, not just on here but on other websites too, continually defending Katy against things people say.

All I meant was this performance needs to come off better than her last two big UK performances have. I'm not obsessed with the public's perception of her but I hardly enjoy when people talk shit about Katy and I have no doubt that you do either. You seem to have wanted to nitpick every detail of what I said and got a little too sensitive about the 'needs to redeem herself' part. I just got the idea of the wording from what Keith Lemon, who was defending her and said she sounded good, said. Really no need for a fuss.

I don't know him that well but I think he's funny! I suppose he can be quite rude at times though, his jokes can be a little sexist.
If she sounded good then she doesn't need to redeem herself - a mystery how Keith Lemon gave you the idea when he expressed exactly the contrary.
And I disagree with the opinion, not with what You might be doing on the Internet generally, so - woah, stop right there bro!