Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 07:51:56 AM

Author Topic: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013  (Read 2476 times)

Offline beting12

• Purrrfection
  • The truth will set you free
Re: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
Songs like Unconditionally and Firework aren't easy songs to sing, so I think everyone should just calm down, not many artists these days are able to hit those notes live...

19/3/11 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, 31/3/11 - Bournemouth BIC, 15/10/11 - O2 Arena, London, 9/6/12 - Summertime Ball, Wembley Stadium, London, 3/7/12 - Part Of Me Premiere, Empire Cinema, London, 17/10/13 - The Graham Norton Show, London, 7/12/13 - Jingle Bell Ball - O2 Arena, London, 15/12/13 - The X Factor Final - Wembley Arena, London

Music can be so powerful. It can transform you, inspire you and heal you.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »
Songs like Unconditionally and Firework aren't easy songs to sing, so I think everyone should just calm down, not many artists these days are able to hit those notes live...
I'm glad Katy sings more difficult songs. Makes me appreciate her vocal abilities even more.  :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline beting12

• Purrrfection
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
I'm glad Katy sings more difficult songs. Makes me appreciate her vocal abilities even more.  :)

Exactly, I could never sing those notes!

19/3/11 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, 31/3/11 - Bournemouth BIC, 15/10/11 - O2 Arena, London, 9/6/12 - Summertime Ball, Wembley Stadium, London, 3/7/12 - Part Of Me Premiere, Empire Cinema, London, 17/10/13 - The Graham Norton Show, London, 7/12/13 - Jingle Bell Ball - O2 Arena, London, 15/12/13 - The X Factor Final - Wembley Arena, London

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »

You hit the nail on the head there Beffy x
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline beting12

• Purrrfection
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

It's so true! We all know what Katy is capable of! And we know her voice is truly beautiful! :xx:

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »

It's so true! We all know what Katy is capable of! And we know her voice is truly beautiful! :xx:

Shes a babe ;)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »
Looks like we already got a hint of Katyness in tonight's show...  :lol:
During Sam Bailey's duet with Nicole, there was a technical glitch and you could hear Jedward singing This is How We Do backstage! Listen at 1.15... I can't stop laughing!  :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXBVcbvF_o

man!that video says private :( is there another link?

Only what I found : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBAB0LVTuQ

My previous link was a really dirty quality video, I found a better one here : http://rutube.ru/video/92b121b3c62f3ce2c3ad7cc291c5819b/

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »
I was there too and I'm not being biased but her vocals were incredible, if you're a KatyCat and believe what you heard on tv, seriously don't, itv managed to make her sound so bad but in the arena she didn't slip up once and it was amazing throughout, the sound quality of the speakers in the arena is pretty shocking so I think that had something to do with it

Maybe Katy needs to come forward about this.
Come forward to do what? Convince silly people who want to bash her that they shouldn't bash her? She's a global megastar.
The fault is with the TV channels, nor with her. Neither does she have to work on parts of her performance or parts of her voice in those ways people on twitter or forums like this would like to suggest. She's a super professional performer who lives and works extra hard in a world we don't even know. She knows what she's doing and doesn't need advice from anybody not even performing.

dude, you really gotta chill out, it feels like we're in Law and Order and everything we say may and will be held against us...
We're merely suggesting things that will never be close to having any impact on anything of what Katy does. That's just called conversation. Of course she knows what she's doing, we all know that and are all here for the same reason. Calm. Down. If you don't like the way people "suggest" things on here, then please, don't read.
And for the record, as good as someone (anyone) is, there is ALWAYS room for improvement and some things to work on. In ANY field / specialty / profession.

I'd very much appreciate it not to be addressed with 'dude' by anybody on the forum. While it may be a generally accepted slang term in at least parts of the USA in the English speaking community I live in it's actually a slightly derogative term for somebody whose mental abilities are much doubted. I assume that you haven't been aware of that fact until this point. 
Sorry if I came across as rude in my opinion on comments concerning Katy's work and progress; idk, it might be the way in which things are sometimes expressed when they give me the impression as if people thought they had the insight and qualification to pick out aspects of Katy's performance and then act as if they could possibly know what to do about any seeming flaws. They may not mean it in the way it comes across.
My general opinion is though, it would really take somebody of the profession to suggest what somebody in the same profession should be working on from a technical point if view.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 03:21:44 AM »
I was there too and I'm not being biased but her vocals were incredible, if you're a KatyCat and believe what you heard on tv, seriously don't, itv managed to make her sound so bad but in the arena she didn't slip up once and it was amazing throughout, the sound quality of the speakers in the arena is pretty shocking so I think that had something to do with it

Come forward to do what? Convince silly people who want to bash her that they shouldn't bash her? She's a global megastar.
The fault is with the TV channels, nor with her. Neither does she have to work on parts of her performance or parts of her voice in those ways people on twitter or forums like this would like to suggest. She's a super professional performer who lives and works extra hard in a world we don't even know. She knows what she's doing and doesn't need advice from anybody not even performing.

dude, you really gotta chill out, it feels like we're in Law and Order and everything we say may and will be held against us...
We're merely suggesting things that will never be close to having any impact on anything of what Katy does. That's just called conversation. Of course she knows what she's doing, we all know that and are all here for the same reason. Calm. Down. If you don't like the way people "suggest" things on here, then please, don't read.
And for the record, as good as someone (anyone) is, there is ALWAYS room for improvement and some things to work on. In ANY field / specialty / profession.

I'd very much appreciate it not to be addressed with 'dude' by anybody on the forum. While it may be a generally accepted slang term in at least parts of the USA in the English speaking community I live in it's actually a slightly derogative term for somebody whose mental abilities are much doubted. I assume that you haven't been aware of that fact until this point. 
Sorry if I came across as rude in my opinion on comments concerning Katy's work and progress; idk, it might be the way in which things are sometimes expressed when they give me the impression as if people thought they had the insight and qualification to pick out aspects of Katy's performance and then act as if they could possibly know what to do about any seeming flaws. They may not mean it in the way it comes across.
My general opinion is though, it would really take somebody of the profession to suggest what somebody in the same profession should be working on from a technical point if view.

sorry about the "dude" thing, it really wasn't meant as agressive. Just an interjection.

And as for the last part, that's why i don't think anyone on here is going to tell her directly this sort of things. It's not real advice, pretty much just questions and frustrations over sometimes bad perceived performances.  No one has ever come out on here as a professional in the music business as far as i know (breen there since the 1st day, but might have missed something). Just a bunch of (mostly young) people expressing their views about someone they appreciate for so many different and personal reasons. Keep that in mind when reading replies.

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 03:32:29 AM »
Thanks for explaining.  That all makes sense.

I still say, if for whatever reason Katy's voice and/or style of songs do not work well for live TV performances, then she needs to either stop doing these performances, or stick to accoustic performances that are universally praised.  Or maybe have one of her sound engineers travel with her.
As you've expressed the thought that Katy should rather cancel a TV appearance in case of having a cold or similar than risk not to give the very best performance she possibly could, that may be a well meant idea but is in reality hardly practicable. The business is a lot harder than most of us can imagine, and an artist of Katy's 'size', career wise, will only not perform in spite of being scheduled if it was physically or otherwise simply not possible. As long as it is possible she would, and in a way would have to, go through with it. It isn't other people who force her to, but it is the career and the importance of keeping up appearances which prevents her from cancelling stuff that easily; it would damage her image more than singing with a cold even, and it isn't how people like Katy can afford to work.
Neither can she just not do those performances anymore , again that isn't how this business works. Being on the path of this particular career she has to want it or no longer want it, but Katy couldn't change the way in which it is done. If she gave up all those important 'work appointments' because they might not quite suit her and insisted on doing acoustic performances only she would quickly become an indie artist having ended her career. Underneath all the glamour it is a relentless and bone grinding business for anybody.

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 04:14:16 AM »

sorry about the "dude" thing, it really wasn't meant as agressive. Just an interjection.

And as for the last part, that's why i don't think anyone on here is going to tell her directly this sort of things. It's not real advice, pretty much just questions and frustrations over sometimes bad perceived performances.  No one has ever come out on here as a professional in the music business as far as i know (breen there since the 1st day, but might have missed something). Just a bunch of (mostly young) people expressing their views about someone they appreciate for so many different and personal reasons. Keep that in mind when reading replies.

Oh, thank you, I will do so, and sorry, it isn't such a big deal anyway, I know it isn't meant that way.
But, last night I just quickly went through Wednesday's Mirror (UK tabloid) while waiting for something in a shop and came across a short Katy Perry paragraph which at the end mentioned her 'terrible off key performance' on that show, and I really thought about it seriously asking myself - where do those who write those contributions get them from? Then, this morning, I clicked on the new link of the video here, plugged it into the amp system in the room and listened to the whole thing again and was even more puzzled - why would they all come to that conclusion. I am NOT in the audience, I AM only hearing it through a YouTube link, but it makes me ask, do those who write the stuff hear any of it at all, or are the articles just rehashed write ups which make their round through the media in form of available bits on the net? In other words, how many of tabloid writers, including even websites dealing with pop music etc, have actually listened to anything at all in any way?? Because, after even getting the bird cage performance only from YouTube I couldn't possibly call it terrible and off key, even if I didn't particularly care about Katy at all!

Offline kaypee

• Head-Turning
  • Katy Perry meets long lost sister Katy Perez =)
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »

Oh, thank you, I will do so, and sorry, it isn't such a big deal anyway, I know it isn't meant that way.
But, last night I just quickly went through Wednesday's Mirror (UK tabloid) while waiting for something in a shop and came across a short Katy Perry paragraph which at the end mentioned her 'terrible off key performance' on that show, and I really thought about it seriously asking myself - where do those who write those contributions get them from? Then, this morning, I clicked on the new link of the video here, plugged it into the amp system in the room and listened to the whole thing again and was even more puzzled - why would they all come to that conclusion. I am NOT in the audience, I AM only hearing it through a YouTube link, but it makes me ask, do those who write the stuff hear any of it at all, or are the articles just rehashed write ups which make their round through the media in form of available bits on the net? In other words, how many of tabloid writers, including even websites dealing with pop music etc, have actually listened to anything at all in any way?? Because, after even getting the bird cage performance only from YouTube I couldn't possibly call it terrible and off key, even if I didn't particularly care about Katy at all!

Hi guys!  I had studied some short courses on Music (Music Theory, Solfeggio, Vocal Techniques), so please send me a link of the bird cage performance so I can assess.

And also, Katy knows what she's doing indeed.  She had solfeggio lessons in the elementary school years.  She does proper vocal warmup.  She studied Italian opera.  (but of course we all know these). 

:xx:

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »
"bird cage performance"...hehehehehe.

And... what is "solfeggio lessons"??? Whoah!

Offline kaypee

• Head-Turning
  • Katy Perry meets long lost sister Katy Perez =)
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9rfhDxwU0

There are music notes exercises and you should sing according to the note pitch (do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si, do) and note values (whole note, half note, quarter note, eighth note, etc.).  Katy knows all these!  Maybe she reached the advanced level i'm sure.   :thumbzup:

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9rfhDxwU0

There are music notes exercises and you should sing according to the note pitch (do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si, do) and note values (whole note, half note, quarter note, eighth note, etc.).  Katy knows all these!  Maybe she reached the advanced level i'm sure.   :thumbzup:
Thank God for music education.  :) I'm not sure about today but music education was mandatory when I was young and I learned all that and more. Plus instruments. I'm not really a singer but I still remember much of that. Pretty useful for when you Katyoke.  ;) And play on the keyboards when at Best Buy. :lol: 

I'm glad Katy supports music education in schools.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)