Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 08:11:21 AM

Author Topic: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013  (Read 2560 times)

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
Re: X Factor UK Finale @ Wembley Arena - ITV, UK - December 15th 2013
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
I was there, and in the arena, Katy sounded faultless, but then I listened to the performance on the TV, for some reason, it sounded really pitchy and like the backing music was too loud for Katy's voice to compete with. I mean come on guys, Katy can't always be perfect, but she almost is. I don't know, I thought she seemed disappointed with her performance. But we all know she can sing amazing live so who cares what some nobody says, their loss is our gain.  :xx:
Sometimes I wonder if these shows make Katy sound bad on purpose to try to ruin her.

I'm thinking exactly the same, I mean Roar, Firework and now Unconditionally. I'm sure they're messing with the microphones, she sounded really deep when she spoke afterwards and Katy speaks with a really high pitched voice.

I thought the exact same! I think 1D sounded a little different too tbh.. and the same happened to Miley when she was on it.
Professionals need to be more professional.  ;)

I remember when Katy sang ET on American Idol. Her vocals didn't sound so great and it was obvious the sound engineering was poor. Katy was singing to a backing track which never seems to work out for her. Kanye West screwed up his rap also. But they make the contestants sound so perfect don't they?

Katy always sounds her best when she has her live band.  :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
I was there, and in the arena, Katy sounded faultless, but then I listened to the performance on the TV, for some reason, it sounded really pitchy and like the backing music was too loud for Katy's voice to compete with. I mean come on guys, Katy can't always be perfect, but she almost is. I don't know, I thought she seemed disappointed with her performance. But we all know she can sing amazing live so who cares what some nobody says, their loss is our gain.  :xx:
Sometimes I wonder if these shows make Katy sound bad on purpose to try to ruin her.

I'm thinking exactly the same, I mean Roar, Firework and now Unconditionally. I'm sure they're messing with the microphones, she sounded really deep when she spoke afterwards and Katy speaks with a really high pitched voice.

I thought the exact same! I think 1D sounded a little different too tbh.. and the same happened to Miley when she was on it.

I remember when Katy sang ET on American Idol. Her vocals didn't sound so great and it was obvious the sound engineering was poor. Katy was singing to a backing track which never seems to work out for her. Kanye West screwed up his rap also. But they make the contestants sound so perfect don't they?

I find it frustrating when people are saying that 'She can't sing live' when they havent seen her live, theyve watched her on TV. Before they judge they need to see her actually live. They should come to PWT... Show them a few tricks ;)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »

I find it frustrating when people are saying that 'She can't sing live' when they havent seen her live, theyve watched her on TV. Before they judge they need to see her actually live. They should come to PWT... Show them a few tricks ;)
Katy's vocals were flawless at the CDT date I went to.  :pinkbow:
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
just saw the video on Perezhilton.com, the start was a bit shaky but with time, she got better, and from 2nd verse she was good ! She always needs a bit of an adjustment in those "1 song shows"... Hope she can work on that if that's possible ? And yeah, backing tracks don't work as good as real band for her... But i guess she can't have them all the time if it's not possible for the organisation of the show.

Anyway, that's the end of a long promo tour, and she doesn't seem to be in her top shape. It's about time she gets some sleep.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »
just saw the video on Perezhilton.com, the start was a bit shaky but with time, she got better, and from 2nd verse she was good ! She always needs a bit of an adjustment in those "1 song shows"... Hope she can work on that if that's possible ? And yeah, backing tracks don't work as good as real band for her... But i guess she can't have them all the time if it's not possible for the organisation of the show.

Anyway, that's the end of a long promo tour, and she doesn't seem to be in her top shape. It's about time she gets some sleep.

Preach! Take a loooooooong cat nap!  :katycat3:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Wannabe Stalker
  • ♥▽14 Days ♥▽
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
It's annoying when people are judging her so badly on her performance when they've not even saw her live anyway.. People who say she can't sing live need to go & see her perform BTGOG live!
I think she was a little nervous at start but when she got into the song she did well!
I thought the visual performance was amazing! Loved how she came on in the cage!
Let go and just be freeee! Katy looked stunning!  :xx:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13 ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utuA68GthU4
Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Online TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »
What I don't understand is what it should do for a TV channel to try making Katy sound bad when she performs on them? Wouldn't any TV company try to the best of their abilities to achieve a flawless programme rather, in their own interest? That French channel recently is perhaps just a distinctive example for them not always being capable of doing so, but I wouldn't look for some unfathomable sinister conspiracy plot where such a one wouldn't make any sense.
Yes, when people suggest that Katy couldn't sing live my question to them is usually if they refer to a short TV appearance they've seen as that doesn't mean they heard her singing live; it means they were watching TV, LOL.
I watched all the videos, too, and from a singing point of view I wouldn't know what to suggest what to 'work on'. Only Katy can know what she has to work on, and whatever those things are she is doing it already because she's a highly professional singing performer who knows her stuff, on the highest practical level of knowing it. I can only really  see that TV shows who want her for brief one song appearances somehow find it hard to cope with her, but that's their problem, not Katy's, to sort out. 

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:24 PM »
I really don't understand how this 'sounding good in the venue but bad on TV' thing seems to happen to Katy and not other artists?

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »
From what I read online, Katy had the flu when she performed at the UK X Factor finale.  What a shame.  These performances are, for many people, the only time they hear Katy, and this could have been the first time some people heard Unconditionally.

Offline DillNewt24

• Lost Control
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 12:40:31 AM »
From what I read online, Katy had the flu when she performed at the UK X Factor finale.  What a shame.  These performances are, for many people, the only time they hear Katy, and this could have been the first time some people heard Unconditionally.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing to. What's making me angry is the comments on twitter saying she can't sing live. She has proven on many occasions that she can sing live and that she has a really beautiful voice. Katy could have easily canceled her performance because she was sick but that's not the type of person she is. She always wants to put on a good show and make people happy, which she always does, even if she's not feeling well. I loved her performance and the outfit she was wearing was very beautiful.

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline Icypole

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »
I think television shows often mess with the audio to stop people from stealing it. I've seen her live and I know she has a great voice.

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Dirty Doggy
  • "who's dropping farts in Candyfornia?"
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 01:47:02 AM »
Looks like we already got a hint of Katyness in tonight's show...  :lol:
During Sam Bailey's duet with Nicole, there was a technical glitch and you could hear Jedward singing This is How We Do backstage! Listen at 1.15... I can't stop laughing!  :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXBVcbvF_o

man!that video says private :( is there another link?

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysQuicheness
PWT 9-17-14 & 9-22-14
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »
I agree with you guys completely. Some say that she is bad singing live, but have they actually heard her live? No, they just watched a video through the TV or YouTube. I have only heard her live once, and it was the best night of my life. They've only seen her one performance, and they think it's enough to judge her singing.
 :grr:

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »
Looks like we already got a hint of Katyness in tonight's show...  :lol:
During Sam Bailey's duet with Nicole, there was a technical glitch and you could hear Jedward singing This is How We Do backstage! Listen at 1.15... I can't stop laughing!  :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXBVcbvF_o

man!that video says private :( is there another link?

Only what I found : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBAB0LVTuQ

Offline TheOnlyWayIsPerry

• Cherry Chapstick
  • On the road less traveled
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
I was there too and I'm not being biased but her vocals were incredible, if you're a KatyCat and believe what you heard on tv, seriously don't, itv managed to make her sound so bad but in the arena she didn't slip up once and it was amazing throughout, the sound quality of the speakers in the arena is pretty shocking so I think that had something to do with it
Patiently waiting for 27/5/14