Author Topic: Media Say What!?!  (Read 5438 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Media Say What!?!
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
I should add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.

What gives Olivia the power to edit other's posts?  That should not be allowed!!  What will stop Olivia from editting one of my posts to make it look like I said something bad, when I didn't?
She's in charge of the forum's calendar, it has something to do with that.   

As for my thread about the Tour setlist all she did was add "Fake" to the title after it was confirmed the setlist I posted is fake.

Have some respect, Mod or not we can all remind people of the rules of the forum, and I like the fact Olivia can edit posts, like Stevie said Olivia corrects us when we are wrong on minor details or what not. I feel like there is very little respect for one another.
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
I should add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.

What gives Olivia the power to edit other's posts?  That should not be allowed!!  What will stop Olivia from editting one of my posts to make it look like I said something bad, when I didn't?

As for my thread about the Tour setlist all she did was add "Fake" to the title after it was confirmed the setlist I posted is fake.

Have some respect, Mod or not we can all remind people of the rules of the forum, and I like the fact Olivia can edit posts, like Stevie said Olivia corrects us when we are wrong on minor details or what not. I feel like there is very little respect for one another.

Respect goes both ways.  I do not feel that people on this board respect me or my opinions.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

Respect goes both ways.  I do not feel that people on this board respect me or my opinions.

It's not that they don't respect you, its a case of that everyone is entitled to opinions, but you may not agree. You just have to agree to disagree. Being in a fanbase I've got used to that, not everyone will share your opinion.
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »

It's not that they don't respect you, its a case of that everyone is entitled to opinions, but you may not agree. You just have to agree to disagree. Being in a fanbase I've got used to that, not everyone will share your opinion.

I'm willing to agree to disagree, but there are certain posters on this forum who are disrespectful to me (one of whom even admitted to responding to my posts without reading them).

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

I'm willing to agree to disagree, but there are certain posters on this forum who are disrespectful to me (one of whom even admitted to responding to my posts without reading them).

We should all respect eachother, we are a community after all.
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
private matters is NOT to be discussed, wether it's a rumour or a fact... Just a reminder ;-)

First of all, when Katy chooses to smoke in a public place, it is no longer a private matter.  Secondly, I don't believe you are a moderator.
She wasn't talking about the smoking though. She was on about John and Katy.

But if Katy and/or John speaks publicly about their relationship (or lack of), it's no longer private.

But they haven't spoken about the possible end of their relationship. So it's still private. If she'd wanted to, she would have.

Plus, it is a request from Katy herself that PRIVATE MATTERS such as "not having anything to do with the public representation of Katy Perry" are to stay off of the forum. The mods agreed and have stated this rule years ago and it is still on at the moment. I didn't create this rule. I'm just applying it. If one can't apply the rules, then one is exposed to some sanctions like stated by other members. It is not an attack towards your thoughts, just someone's behaviour of not respecting the rules. People respect the rules, and they're fine. People don't respect the rules, they're out. Nothing to do with me.

Plus it is funny as my post was not quoting ANYONE and you're the one taking it SO personnally that you have to make (again i must say) a stir about it...

I should

add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.

I don't edit posts EXCEPT in the Concerts and Shows section, wich is the section i'm sort of responsible for. I don't have the rights anywhere else on the forum. And when i do it, i edit the title AND/OR merge the posts with the calendar threads i'm creating when people don't send me the info before they post. I never EVER edit the content of the posts, never did, never will. The admin gave me that right in that specific section years ago, you weren't even on the forum. It's not like i STOLE that right and i'm a pirate ! I don't think i have to justify my actions to you, Mistguy, but i thought people could want answers about that, and since the statement that i edit posts was wrong, i corrected it.

As for editing your posts to make you look "bad" : 1) i have a life, with a real time-consuming job, so i really have other things to do than read all of the posts here and thinking about something to make one look bad, and 2) you don't need me for that, you're doing it just fine by yourself...

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2014, 03:18:41 PM »

I should

add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.

I don't edit posts EXCEPT in the Concerts and Shows section, wich is the section i'm sort of responsible for. I don't have the rights anywhere else on the forum. And when i do it, i edit the title AND/OR merge the posts with the calendar threads i'm creating when people don't send me the info before they post. I never EVER edit the content of the posts, never did, never will. The admin gave me that right in that specific section years ago, you weren't even on the forum. It's not like i STOLE that right and i'm a pirate ! I don't think i have to justify my actions to you, Mistguy, but i thought people could want answers about that, and since the statement that i edit posts was wrong, i corrected it.

As for editing your posts to make you look "bad" : 1) i have a life, with a real time-consuming job, so i really have other things to do than read all of the posts here and thinking about something to make one look bad, and 2) you don't need me for that, you're doing it just fine by yourself...

Thanks for clearing that up. :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

I should

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

well it was not a secret at all, but it's true that maybe people didn't notice before you said it.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

We should all respect eachother, we are a community after all.

I feel that I always have respected everyone on this board.  I just feel that Olivia crossed the line by accusing me of posting about topics that I was not posting about.  And, I felt that she abused her power given that I was not posting anything regarding the calendar or concert dates, the only area of this board where she has any power.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
I feel that I always have respected everyone on this board.  I just feel that Olivia crossed the line by accusing me of posting about topics that I was not posting about.  And, I felt that she abused her power given that I was not posting anything regarding the calendar or concert dates, the only area of this board where she has any power.

man aren't you paranoid. I honestly, without watching, don't KNOW who posted about the break-up rumour. And i really REALLY don't care cause it's not the problem. I absoloutely didn't accuse you or anyone else !!!!!! I would looooooooooove to see where i did that. I just stated a rule. That subject is just not to be posted on this forum, and no one has to be a mod or an admin to make a statement about a well known rule of that forum. I didn't abuse any power cause i don't HAVE any power here and certainly don't think i have any.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
private matters is NOT to be discussed, wether it's a rumour or a fact... Just a reminder ;-)

First of all, when Katy chooses to smoke in a public place, it is no longer a private matter.  Secondly, I don't believe you are a moderator.

But if Katy and/or John speaks publicly about their relationship (or lack of), it's no longer private.

But they haven't spoken about the possible end of their relationship. So it's still private. If she'd wanted to, she would have.

She most definitely said that their relationship is over for now.

Plus, it is a request from Katy herself that PRIVATE MATTERS such as "not having anything to do with the public representation of Katy Perry" are to stay off of the forum.

Again, once she says anything in public, it is no longer private.

The mods agreed and have stated this rule years ago and it is still on at the moment. I didn't create this rule. I'm just applying it.

It is not your job to apply the rules.  That is the job of the moderators.  You are not a moderator, contrary to what you think.

If one can't apply the rules, then one is exposed to some sanctions like stated by other members.

Ohhh, I'm scared.  lol

It is not an attack towards your thoughts, just someone's behaviour of not respecting the rules. People respect the rules, and they're fine. People don't respect the rules, they're out. Nothing to do with me.

What rule did I break?  I did not post even once about Katy and John breaking up (until you accused me of doing so, and I was forced to defend myself).  I did not break any rule.  You don't seem to know how to read.

Plus it is funny as my post was not quoting ANYONE and you're the one taking it SO personnally that you have to make (again i must say) a stir about it...[/color]

Your post was clearly directed at me.

I should

Whatever.  Again, I did not post about Katy and John's relationship.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »

man aren't you paranoid. I honestly, without watching, don't KNOW who posted about the break-up rumour. And i really REALLY don't care cause it's not the problem. I absoloutely didn't accuse you or anyone else !!!!!! I would looooooooooove to see where i did that. I just stated a rule. That subject is just not to be posted on this forum, and no one has to be a mod or an admin to make a statement about a well known rule of that forum. I didn't abuse any power cause i don't HAVE any power here and certainly don't think i have any.

Since you are once again falsely accusing me: please provide a link to where I posted inappropriately about Katy and John's relationship (or lack of), other than where I was defending myself.  Otherwise, you owe me an apology.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »

so why are you even talking about that ?! I didn't accuse you ! i just reminded a rule, and not to your thinking, you don't have to be a mod to remind the rule to people who might not know them ! It's like if one sees someone in the street stealing someone's purse, cause one is not the police, one is not allowed to do anything about that !?! That's just how a community works. Someone didn't know the rules, i reminded them. I don't think i am a mod, really not. And doing that is NOT acting as a mod, just a concerned member of this community. you, on the opposite, are just a s. stirrer.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

She most definitely said that their relationship is over for now.

i don't recall that. but that wouldn't change a thing cause it's still a private matter.

Plus, it is a request from Katy herself that PRIVATE MATTERS such as "not having anything to do with the public representation of Katy Perry" are to stay off of the forum.

Again, once she says anything in public, it is no longer private.

you don't even respect Katy's requests ! So you just don't care about what she asks for, but appart from that, you love her ?

The mods agreed and have stated this rule years ago and it is still on at the moment. I didn't create this rule. I'm just applying it.

It is not your job to apply the rules.  That is the job of the moderators.  You are not a moderator, contrary to what you think.

i didn't mean "i make people apply the rules", i meant "i personally respect the rules"

If one can't apply the rules, then one is exposed to some sanctions like stated by other members.

Ohhh, I'm scared.  lol

ridiculous

It is not an attack towards your thoughts, just someone's behaviour of not respecting the rules. People respect the rules, and they're fine. People don't respect the rules, they're out. Nothing to do with me.

What rule did I break?  I did not post even once about Katy and John breaking up (until you accused me of doing so, and I was forced to defend myself).  I did not break any rule.  You don't seem to know how to read.

really NEVER accused you of posting anything here.

Plus it is funny as my post was not quoting ANYONE and you're the one taking it SO personnally that you have to make (again i must say) a stir about it...[/color]

Your post was clearly directed at me.

not my fault if you feel targeted by a very general post remindind people who don't know them about the "private life rule".

I should

well, then good for you ! then it appears that i wasn't talking to you with that very general post not quoting anyone but stating a general rule of this forum... despite what you understood ("clearly directed at you", maybe not so clearly since NOT AT ALL).

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »
 :pop:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant