Author Topic: Media Say What!?!  (Read 5377 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
Re: Media Say What!?!
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
private matters is NOT to be discussed, wether it's a rumour or a fact... Just a reminder ;-)

First of all, when Katy chooses to smoke in a public place, it is no longer a private matter.  Secondly, I don't believe you are a moderator.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
private matters is NOT to be discussed, wether it's a rumour or a fact... Just a reminder ;-)

First of all, when Katy chooses to smoke in a public place, it is no longer a private matter.  Secondly, I don't believe you are a moderator.
She wasn't talking about the smoking though. She was on about John and Katy.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »

Sorry, i was just trying to state that the media will write anything. One minute they will say blue the next they will say yellow. They just can never let people have privacy and just be green :P (Media are so frustrating. I honestly don't know how the celebs do it, my heart goes out to everyone effected by these sharks.

You don't have to say sorry m'dear. I think Olivia was just making a general statement incase conversation went further :)
Your above comment is very true though. I totally empathise with celebrities dealing with the press. Whether it be silly made up stories or a pap chasing you to the shop. It was only the other day I said something in totally the wrong way on Facebook and half of my 'friends' were on a warpath. A perfect example that if I was a celebrity...I'd have totally been in the gutter!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:06:42 PM by Carmenxox »

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

She wasn't talking about the smoking though. She was on about John and Katy.

But if Katy and/or John speaks publicly about their relationship (or lack of), it's no longer private.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »

First of all, regardless of whether she is a moderator or not, rules are rules no matter who is reinforcing them. Second, you'll want to follow those rules if you want to avoid getting a warning/banned from here.

I'm not a mod and I said it. Do something.

And just because they talk about each other here and there that doesn't mean that it's not an invasion of privacy to get into areas of their relationship that are obviously not our business.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »
I should add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Have some mutual respect mits. She wasn't attacking anyone, no need to be defensive.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2014, 08:21:57 PM »
Lol, I feel like Olivia is the celeb here, one little comment she makes reading and being interpreted several ways by media and then spread through to the fans.

Anyway in the spirit of "Media Say What?" Supposedly Miley has moved on from Katy and found someone else  :rofl: They make it sound like Katy and Miley were dating  :rofl:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/famous/gossip/article/-/21745544/move-over-katy-perry-miley-cyrus-is-now-pashing-brooke-candy/

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:36 AM »
the media is so full of it im laughing so hard one moment they're engaged the next they're broken up slow news day hmmm

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
Lol, I feel like Olivia is the celeb here, one little comment she makes reading and being interpreted several ways by media and then spread through to the fans.

Anyway in the spirit of "Media Say What?" Supposedly Miley has moved on from Katy and found someone else  :rofl: They make it sound like Katy and Miley were dating  :rofl:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/famous/gossip/article/-/21745544/move-over-katy-perry-miley-cyrus-is-now-pashing-brooke-candy/
I'm so sad that Katy and Miley broke up  :'(

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »

First of all, regardless of whether she is a moderator or not, rules are rules no matter who is reinforcing them. Second, you'll want to follow those rules if you want to avoid getting a warning/banned from here.

First of all, my point is that I do not feel that I was breaking the rules, sinced I would have been posting about things that Katy has publicly talked about (smoking, and her relationship with John).  By definition, if Katy speaks publicly about those things (or smokes in public), they are not private.

Secondly, if you actually read the thread, not once did I post about Katy smoking or her relationship with John (I was just defending another poster).  In fact, I didn't even post until my defense.

Thirdly, my point is that neither you nor Olivia are moderators, so you do not get to make the judgment call as to whether or not my posts were breaking the rules.

I'm not a mod and I said it. Do something.

You think you're so special, but you're not.  You have no more power on this board than I do, contrary to what you may think.

And just because they talk about each other here and there that doesn't mean that it's not an invasion of privacy to get into areas of their relationship that are obviously not our business.

If they publicly say anything, then they obviously intend to share it with the public, and it is no longer private.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 12:27:06 PM »
I should add that while Olivia isn't technically a mod she can edit your posts. I noticed that today when she changed the title of a thread I started.

What gives Olivia the power to edit other's posts?  That should not be allowed!!  What will stop Olivia from editting one of my posts to make it look like I said something bad, when I didn't?

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:32 PM »

What gives Olivia the power to edit other's posts?  That should not be allowed!!  What will stop Olivia from editting one of my posts to make it look like I said something bad, when I didn't?
She's in charge of the forum's calendar, it has something to do with that.   

As for my thread about the Tour setlist all she did was add "Fake" to the title after it was confirmed the setlist I posted is fake. 
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »
I think the main issue is the media tries to make EVERYTHING public- celebrities basically have no privacy concerning family, friends, relationships, etc.  It should be about their music, films, etc, but instead the media is obsessed with who's dating who. I believe it was Katy's wish that we do not talk about her personal matters (ie. relationships) or even post paparazzi pictures from her private time (like on vacation).  Although it is technically not considered private anymore by the media's warped standards, I still believe we should respect her wishes :)

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »

I'm so sad that Katy and Miley broke up  :'(

Ikr :'( they were such a cute couple. The way they went each other's concerts and that time Miley stopped singing to acknowledge her girl was in the building by giving her a kiss :P

Proud Katycat #52620