Author Topic: Other singers with voices similar to Katy  (Read 2944 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Other singers with voices similar to Katy
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2014, 07:05:00 AM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

Ah I can't see (hear?) it myself!
I think I only mean as long as she sings in a lower volume, with the voice crackling a bit in places, and then high up holding a note in the throat. When either her or Katy sing full out from the chest the similarity is lost for me, too.

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
Does Kelly Clarkson remind people sometimes of Katy? - I wouldn't suggest that I'd confuse her with Katy but often when she sings those notes changing from chest to throat and back I find the sound gets so Katy-like.
It doesn't have to be one of the songs which Katy wrote and of which Katy's unreleased versions exist but could just be anything, and when I listen to some of Kelly's songs I find she sounds from nothing at all like Katy to suddenly very much like Katy - and back to not at all,haha, so it's not a simple 'she sounds like Katy' thing but it depends on which notes she sings and how.

Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry both have extremely versatile voices that can sing just about anything.  They are definitely two of the best female singers of the current generation.  I don't normally think that they sound alike, but since their voices are so similar, they definitely can sound like each other.

Interestingly, although usually nobody in my office listens to music at work, one day last year, this guy did have the radio on (he's famous for his lack of music knowledge, among other things).  When Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" came on, another coworker asked him who sang it.  He erroneously said "Katy Perry".  lol.  Later that day, "Roar" came on.  That same coworker asked him who sings it, and he said "I think Katy Perry".

Online katypfan1999

• Real Fan
  • **Trying to let the light in**
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2014, 08:54:25 PM »
Does Kelly Clarkson remind people sometimes of Katy? - I wouldn't suggest that I'd confuse her with Katy but often when she sings those notes changing from chest to throat and back I find the sound gets so Katy-like.
It doesn't have to be one of the songs which Katy wrote and of which Katy's unreleased versions exist but could just be anything, and when I listen to some of Kelly's songs I find she sounds from nothing at all like Katy to suddenly very much like Katy - and back to not at all,haha, so it's not a simple 'she sounds like Katy' thing but it depends on which notes she sings and how.

Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry both have extremely versatile voices that can sing just about anything.  They are definitely two of the best female singers of the current generation.  I don't normally think that they sound alike, but since their voices are so similar, they definitely can sound like each other.

Interestingly, although usually nobody in my office listens to music at work, one day last year, this guy did have the radio on (he's famous for his lack of music knowledge, among other things).  When Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" came on, another coworker asked him who sang it.  He erroneously said "Katy Perry".  lol.  Later that day, "Roar" came on.  That same coworker asked him who sings it, and he said "I think Katy Perry".
:rofl: I think Katy Perry. Did you say anything to him, or just silently laugh and shake your head in dissaproval?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:56:17 PM by katypfan1999 »

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2014, 09:21:06 PM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

I was thinking of that song too (Already Gone).  Interestingly, my wife said that the Unconditionally video reminded her of the Already Gone video.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM »

:rofl: I think Katy Perry. Did you say anything to him, or just silently laugh and shake your head in dissaproval?

I did not say anything, since none of my coworkers know that I'm a fan of Katy Perry (nor Kelly Clarkson). In fact, one of my superiors went so far as to say that he would never hire a Katy Perry fan.  Music is an unnecessarily sensitive issue at my office.

Online katypfan1999

• Real Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2014, 02:10:37 AM »

I did not say anything, since none of my coworkers know that I'm a fan of Katy Perry (nor Kelly Clarkson). In fact, one of my superiors went so far as to say that he would never hire a Katy Perry fan.  Music is an unnecessarily sensitive issue at my office.
Wouldn't hired a Katy Perry fan?? So if you came out (lol gay jooooke... not funny  :theface:) would they fire you??

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »

Wow! I'm pretty certain being a fan of Katy Perry doesn't effect work in the slightest. At least you can announce your love for her on KPF after a day at work!
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »

Wouldn't hired a Katy Perry fan?? So if you came out (lol gay jooooke... not funny  :theface:) would they fire you??

Unfortunately, with at will employment here in the US, they could fire me if they wanted to.

Online katypfan1999

• Real Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2014, 12:27:43 AM »

Unfortunately, with at will employment here in the US, they could fire me if they wanted to.
That's terrible. That shouldn't be legal! Firing you for biased opinions on fucking music??