Author Topic: Other singers with voices similar to Katy  (Read 5068 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Other singers with voices similar to Katy
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »
I know this sounds crazy, but does anyone think Christina Perri has a voice similar to Katy, and not because of the similarities of their names?  When I first heard Christina's song "I'm only human", I was at first wondering if it was a new Katy Perry song, but then it occurred to me that since I have the entire Prism album, I won't be hearing any new Katy songs for a long time.  Interestingly, when the radio station that I listen to plays that song, they often follow it by a Katy song.

Personally, I think they have completely different voices, but that's just my opinion :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline katyperrymyhero

• Lost Control
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
Jessie J.  :) Just listen to Domino, you could almost swear Katy was singing it.

Yes, I agree.
i love both katy and jessie but i honestly don't think domino sounds like katy! but sometimes if i'm listening to a song but not paying attention to who's singing i'll get confused between them :lol:

I completely agree!!

"she's just an explosion that keeps getting bigger and bigger"

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
Jessie J.  :) Just listen to Domino, you could almost swear Katy was singing it.

Yes, I agree.
i love both katy and jessie but i honestly don't think domino sounds like katy! but sometimes if i'm listening to a song but not paying attention to who's singing i'll get confused between them :lol:

I completely agree!!

I agree with irish_katycatxx33 on this one :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline KatysCloud9

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • I'll soon meet her.
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
I think Marina Diamandis and Kimbra have similar qualities to their voice as Katy.
Yes! I do think Marina has a similar voice to Katy but they do sound different. Even my mom thinks Marina is Katy when I play 'Lies,' ha! I love them both♡

♡KatyCat Claudia♡

@KatysCloud9 on twitter
claudiakp14 on instagram

Offline KatysWeirdness

• Cherry Chapstick
  • Minnie
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
Honestly I have never really found similarities of her voice with other people's, she is just too unique for me :pinkbow:

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »
One of the reasons I started following aka stalking aka stanning for her was that she has such an unique voice so this thread surprises me. Or am I death?
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »
One of the reasons I started following aka stalking aka stanning for her was that she has such an unique voice so this thread surprises me. Or am I death?

I completely understand where you're coming from  her style of voice caught my eye (well ears!)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline hellokatyperry

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »

Yes, I agree.

I completely agree!!

I agree with irish_katycatxx33 on this one :)
I don't agree but I just listen "Price Tag"  :hehe:
Honestly I have never really found similarities of her voice with other people's, she is just too unique for me :pinkbow:
I agree  :pinkbow:

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
Does Kelly Clarkson remind people sometimes of Katy? - I wouldn't suggest that I'd confuse her with Katy but often when she sings those notes changing from chest to throat and back I find the sound gets so Katy-like.
It doesn't have to be one of the songs which Katy wrote and of which Katy's unreleased versions exist but could just be anything, and when I listen to some of Kelly's songs I find she sounds from nothing at all like Katy to suddenly very much like Katy - and back to not at all,haha, so it's not a simple 'she sounds like Katy' thing but it depends on which notes she sings and how.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »
Katy has such a unique voice, nobody really can imitate it! If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Kimbra. During somebody that I used to know, people always used to say that she sounds like Katy! I can see it, I guess :)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Katy has such a unique voice, nobody really can imitate it! If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Kimbra. During somebody that I used to know, people always used to say that she sounds like Katy! I can see it, I guess :)
Haha, that's strange, because I've heard that track so often and, unlike with Kelly Clarkson, the thought it could remind me of Katy never occurred to me, still doesn't really  :lol:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
Haha, that's strange, because I've heard that track so often and, unlike with Kelly Clarkson, the thought it could remind me of Katy never occurred to me, still doesn't really  :lol:

My mum and other people used to say it to me so often that I started hearing similarities! Might be just me though  :hehe:

Offline AilenBones

• Futuristic Lover
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Katy is unmatched, she hasn't an equal. Her voice is unique and special.  :xx:

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

Ah I can't see (hear?) it myself!