Author Topic: Other singers with voices similar to Katy  (Read 3089 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Other singers with voices similar to Katy
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »
I know this sounds crazy, but does anyone think Christina Perri has a voice similar to Katy, and not because of the similarities of their names?  When I first heard Christina's song "I'm only human", I was at first wondering if it was a new Katy Perry song, but then it occurred to me that since I have the entire Prism album, I won't be hearing any new Katy songs for a long time.  Interestingly, when the radio station that I listen to plays that song, they often follow it by a Katy song.

Personally, I think they have completely different voices, but that's just my opinion :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline katyperrymyhero

• Lost Control
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
Jessie J.  :) Just listen to Domino, you could almost swear Katy was singing it.

Yes, I agree.
i love both katy and jessie but i honestly don't think domino sounds like katy! but sometimes if i'm listening to a song but not paying attention to who's singing i'll get confused between them :lol:

I completely agree!!

"she's just an explosion that keeps getting bigger and bigger"

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
Jessie J.  :) Just listen to Domino, you could almost swear Katy was singing it.

Yes, I agree.
i love both katy and jessie but i honestly don't think domino sounds like katy! but sometimes if i'm listening to a song but not paying attention to who's singing i'll get confused between them :lol:

I completely agree!!

I agree with irish_katycatxx33 on this one :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline KatysCloud9

• U think you're a Genius!
  • Cause a double rainbow it's hard to find.
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
I think Marina Diamandis and Kimbra have similar qualities to their voice as Katy.
Yes! I do think Marina has a similar voice to Katy but they do sound different. Even my mom thinks Marina is Katy when I play 'Lies,' ha! I love them both♡

♡KatyCat Claudia♡

@KatysCloud9 on twitter
claudiakp14 on instagram

Offline KatysWeirdness

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Minnie
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
Honestly I have never really found similarities of her voice with other people's, she is just too unique for me :pinkbow:

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »
One of the reasons I started following aka stalking aka stanning for her was that she has such an unique voice so this thread surprises me. Or am I death?
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »
One of the reasons I started following aka stalking aka stanning for her was that she has such an unique voice so this thread surprises me. Or am I death?

I completely understand where you're coming from  her style of voice caught my eye (well ears!)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline hellokatyperry

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • ❆ World Of Dreams ❆
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »

Yes, I agree.

I completely agree!!

I agree with irish_katycatxx33 on this one :)
I don't agree but I just listen "Price Tag"  :hehe:
Honestly I have never really found similarities of her voice with other people's, she is just too unique for me :pinkbow:
I agree  :pinkbow:

7.16.14 || My first 1000 posts on KPF, I'm so happy for that, go for more!  ♥

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
Does Kelly Clarkson remind people sometimes of Katy? - I wouldn't suggest that I'd confuse her with Katy but often when she sings those notes changing from chest to throat and back I find the sound gets so Katy-like.
It doesn't have to be one of the songs which Katy wrote and of which Katy's unreleased versions exist but could just be anything, and when I listen to some of Kelly's songs I find she sounds from nothing at all like Katy to suddenly very much like Katy - and back to not at all,haha, so it's not a simple 'she sounds like Katy' thing but it depends on which notes she sings and how.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »
Katy has such a unique voice, nobody really can imitate it! If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Kimbra. During somebody that I used to know, people always used to say that she sounds like Katy! I can see it, I guess :)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Katy has such a unique voice, nobody really can imitate it! If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Kimbra. During somebody that I used to know, people always used to say that she sounds like Katy! I can see it, I guess :)
Haha, that's strange, because I've heard that track so often and, unlike with Kelly Clarkson, the thought it could remind me of Katy never occurred to me, still doesn't really  :lol:

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
Haha, that's strange, because I've heard that track so often and, unlike with Kelly Clarkson, the thought it could remind me of Katy never occurred to me, still doesn't really  :lol:

My mum and other people used to say it to me so often that I started hearing similarities! Might be just me though  :hehe:

Offline AilenBones

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Katy is unmatched, she hasn't an equal. Her voice is unique and special.  :xx:

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »
At the beginning, with some of the vowels, you could fool me for a moment. Definitely almost identical. Through the scale of a whole octave maybe just not identical enough. ➡  http://youtu.be/f0T3WAbU6tg

Ah I can't see (hear?) it myself!