Author Topic: Other singers with voices similar to Katy  (Read 5513 times)

Offline 1robyn5

• Ignites the Light
  • Tuesday 1st November 2011 - Glasgow SECC
Re: Other singers with voices similar to Katy
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 10:38:37 AM »
I'm Robyn!  :hithere:
It's funny you thought she meant Robyn as in the singer, that's the first thing Katy said to me when I told her my name haha!
I'm not sure who I think sounds like Katy, her voice is really distinctive and I think it's quite easy to tell her apart from other artists. Sometimes when I'm in work and the radio's being obscured by all the people in the shop I can get mixed up between Katy and Jessie J.
-Milk Milk Lemonade, Round the back is where Chocolate's made-

Offline sunnystarzx

• Wannabe Stalker
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:57 PM »
It's funny you thought she meant Robyn as in the singer, that's the first thing Katy said to me when I told her my name haha!
I'm not sure who I think sounds like Katy, her voice is really distinctive and I think it's quite easy to tell her apart from other artists. Sometimes when I'm in work and the radio's being obscured by all the people in the shop I can get mixed up between Katy and Jessie J.

I said you do :) its me! Bumcheek!  :hehe:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 05:35:13 PM »
I loved this one video posted here so much, I had to see a few more right away, and subscribed to your channel. What you do is fantastic and the best way of doing any Katy cover I've ever heard and seen! If I was female I guess you'd become my role model in terms of singing Katy, in fact though it works the opposite way for me, with each new song of hers I need a few days or so to find my own voice, style and interpretation (like with everything). Your look and sound alike stuff is amazing though, wow, keep doing this! 

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline 1robyn5

• Ignites the Light
  • Tuesday 1st November 2011 - Glasgow SECC
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »
Wow! THANKYOU very much! I'm so thrilled that I'm getting such an amazing response from the katycats, I know we all know exactly how Katy sounds and for that reason I thought everyone would be so much more critical haha but all I've had are positive responses and I'm so grateful! So thank you again and I love the fact that you made the effort to elaborate and give me some awesome critique  :dudeparty: :dudeparty: :dudeparty: :dudeparty: :dudeparty: :dudeparty: :pinkbow:
-Milk Milk Lemonade, Round the back is where Chocolate's made-

Offline sunnystarzx

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:28 AM »
I loved this one video posted here so much, I had to see a few more right away, and subscribed to your channel. What you do is fantastic and the best way of doing any Katy cover I've ever heard and seen! If I was female I guess you'd become my role model in terms of singing Katy, in fact though it works the opposite way for me, with each new song of hers I need a few days or so to find my own voice, style and interpretation (like with everything). Your look and sound alike stuff is amazing though, wow, keep doing this!

Thats ma girl! :D
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Ugh wrong quote, but you know.
Thats ma girl! :D
Haha, you're welcome, btw I love your humor, too, your finishing gaze into the camera with It Takes Two, and some other things, hahaha    :frolickingghost: ... Opened my YouTube app tonight, and your clips come up on the list of my recommended videos now! And no, I don't think you'll get negative comments, not even on YouTube from what I've seen, and that's unusual, haha
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:28:08 PM by TheMouse »

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline matt9210

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2014, 09:34:19 AM »
I don't listen to much Paramore, but when I first heard Still Into You, Hayley Williams' voice reminded me of Katy's. I asked my mum and she didn't see it, so not sure if it's just me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4

Saw it posted on the first page, but Kimbra too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxmidwDy2Y

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
I don't listen to much Paramore, but when I first heard Still Into You, Hayley Williams' voice reminded me of Katy's. I asked my mum and she didn't see it, so not sure if it's just me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4

Saw it posted on the first page, but Kimbra too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxmidwDy2Y
At least Paramore still has their rock sound. Some Katycats wish Katy kept hers.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2014, 04:18:01 PM »
Depending on the vowels and notes in places, I could say, some comes a bit closer to Katy Perry, Marina and the Diamonds, Jessie J? But very conscious listening is needed, it is t very close.

Haha, some wish Katy had done this, had done that, had stayed in the church choir and sang gospels; I'm happy with whatever she does!

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »
Depending on the vowels and notes in places, I could say, some comes a bit closer to Katy Perry, Marina and the Diamonds, Jessie J? But very conscious listening is needed, it is t very close.

Haha, some wish Katy had done this, had done that, had stayed in the church choir and sang gospels; I'm happy with whatever she does!
Actually I want Katy to be a versatile and diverse artist. And she's done that with Prism. :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »

Actually I want Katy to be a versatile and diverse artist. And she's done that with Prism. :)

I agree :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
For those of you in the UK: Does Cheryl Cole have a voice similar to Katy?  She's not marketed here in the US, so I don't really know what she sounds like.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
I wouldn't say she does at all, no.

But many people say Katy and Jessie J have similar voices and I also don't agree with that at all. Sorry to any fans but I think Jessie often has a horribly harsh, screechy voice (especially when belting) and sounds like she is trying to make a joke with the horrible noises she makes but it turns out she's actually being serious. Yes, technically she is good at singing in tune, but to me it's the actual sound of her voice that is often unbearable. And she does that horrible Christina Aguilera thing where she does so much unnecessary oversinging and tries way too hard to show off her range in every performance she does, it's like 'we get it you can hit big notes. Now sing properly'.

Katy is not like that at all.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2014, 12:05:07 AM »
I feel a bit different about Jessie J., finding a distinct clarity in her voice, and liking the fact she sounds very individual. As far as the screechy voice and so on is concerned, there are plenty of people who say all that about Katy. And I find that neither of them is like that, haha ... btw, I do live in the UK and still haven't got a clue what Cheryl Cole sounds like, probably I've never heard her-? But then I've got friends who haven't got a clue who Katy Perry is, everybody lives in their own little world.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »
I don't really think people say those particular things about Katy's voice, if people say Katy screeches I honestly have no idea what they're talking about. http://youtu.be/j2WWrupMBAE I've never heard Katy make the noise Jessie does at 0:59. I'd probably like this song if it wasn't for the (imo) horrible noises she makes and generally just being a bit overdramatic with her voice... kind of shouting a lot.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)