Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 06:07:58 AM

Author Topic: Other singers with voices similar to Katy  (Read 2237 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Other singers with voices similar to Katy
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 06:39:55 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdmlYIc9lwc

You may have seen this, but Arianna Grande did impressions of Artists, and her Katy is Amazing!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline .Marina.

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »

You may have seen this, but Arianna Grande did impressions of Artists, and her Katy is Amazing!
I love how she's wearing a Katy t-shirt in that video. Fellow katycat  :katycat1:

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »

I love how she's wearing a Katy t-shirt in that video. Fellow katycat  :katycat1:

I know i noticed that! It scho cute!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »

For anyone who doesn't know, Ariana has been a big fan of Katy's for a while now. She tweets about her every once and a while, and apparently Katy talked to her before she released her debut album and got to listen to it before everyone else so she could give Ariana some tips because she recognized her talent.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

For anyone who doesn't know, Ariana has been a big fan of Katy's for a while now. She tweets about her every once and a while, and apparently Katy talked to her before she released her debut album and got to listen to it before everyone else so she could give Ariana some tips because she recognized her talent.

Yeah I Know :) Its adorbs!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 12:31:04 PM »

It seems that Katy is somewhat of a mentor for Ariana, which is great.  Ariana has a beautiful voice, and I hope that she is marketed properly and has a great career.

Offline gpprism

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Katycat
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »

It seems that Katy is somewhat of a mentor for Ariana, which is great.  Ariana has a beautiful voice, and I hope that she is marketed properly and has a great career.

This is soooo cute!

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »

This is soooo cute!

Just shows how inspirational she is :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2013, 02:11:10 AM »

This is soooo cute!

You know, Ariana may have an account on this forum as we speak.  :lol:

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 03:44:46 AM »
Katy claimed in an interview Ariana Grande had the presently best female voice in pop music, but you know one has to take some of Katy's statements with a pinch of salt when her enthusiasm clicks in, hahaha. I like her indeed, I'm glad I bought the album (Ariana's). That impressionist-video is hilarious, I never knew Ariana could be such a great comedian!  :dreamboat:

On Alanis Morisette's first album I can hear the resemblance. I think it possible that in her earlier days Katy might have employed Alanis' trademark technique of switching from chest to throat and back very distinctly; on videos of her performing early songs like Search Me, or Last Call, I find it even more prominent. I think it might be possible that Katy could have practised singing with Alanis on her mind, in her early days, although I don't want to make that into an assumption while I can't ask her, LOL And there's this feeling I get that now, at the time of Prism, Katy has perhaps more than ever 'found her own voice', and to me there's perhaps finally nobody really who sounds like her; to my hearing, Katy has just totally become Katy; since I've heard through all of Prism in one go for the first time that question was done for me really.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »

This is soooo cute!

For real?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

This is soooo cute!

For real?

... and why not?
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

This is soooo cute!

For real?

... and why not?

Is there any indication that she is posting here, or are people just making it up?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 04:31:43 PM »

This is soooo cute!

For real?

... and why not?

Is there any indication that she is posting here, or are people just making it up?

not 'making it up' as such, just making a comment as such
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »

This is soooo cute!

For real?

... and why not?

not 'making it up' as such, just making a comment as such

What I mean is, do you have a real reason to beleive that Ariana posts here, or are you just speculating?  Sorry if I wasn't clear.