Author Topic: Dreams involving Katy Perry  (Read 7673 times)

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
Re: Dreams involving Katy Perry
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

That all makes sense.  A few other thoughts: my first post on this board (and the reason I joined) was to ask whether or not when Katy sings "Firework" outside the US, whether or not she changed the "Like the 4th of July" line.  I was told she did not change the line.  That could be why July 4 was in the dream.  As for July 5 being in the dream: I Kissed a Girl first hit #1 on the chart dated July 5, 2008, and the Part of Me movie was released on July 5, 2012.  I've speculated that the movie was intentionally released on July 5 for that reason.  July 5, 2012 was a Thursday, and (at least in the US), it is very rare to release a movie on a Thursday.  Movies are almost always released on Fridays, or occasionally Wednesdays (in the case of a Wednesday 4th of July, like 2012, I've seen movies be released on Tuesday, July 3, but Thursday still makes no sense).  As for July 3 being in the dream: I had posted (and it turned into a flame war) that I wonder if Wide Awake would have been more successful if it had been released Tuesday, July 3, 2012 (the Tuesday before the Part of Me movie was released) rather than Tuesday, May 22, 2012 (the Tuesday before Memorial Day, which kicks off the summer).  Wide Awake isn't really a summer song, but if it was released July 3, it could have been a tie-in to the movie, plus it would have given people time to get sick of Call Me Maybe.

As for why she performed in the dream on July 3 and 5 but not July 4: no idea.

The main question on your mind was about the '4th of July' line in Firework and where the line was changed. In your analysis you have found a pattern with some of Katy's release dates and therefore, has subconsciously put July 5th and 3rd in your mind. Thus when you dreamed of Firework those two dates appeared and not July 4th.

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »
i just remembered this thread exists,so i'll explain my dream i had about a week ago if i can remember it all haha

it started off with me being on this train system that we have here in the bay area of california but it was on this weird track,basically like a roller coaster lol and then i got off and was at this park,like a big park with just a large area of grass.it was as if there was some sort of event bcuz there were tons of people,but nothing going on,just people hanging out within groups of their friends.when i got off i saw katy with markus from a distance just hanging out together but i guess i was there to see my mom.dont know why?haha well as i was walking to find her,thats when i saw katy,and then i kept walking and ran into a katy cat friend,but i decided not to tell her i saw katy since we havent met in person and i figured it would be weird,again,dont know why?haha so i walked by her,saw my mom for a few mins and some other people came into the dream but thats not important here haha then next thing i know,im hanging out in the park with katy and shannon,we were just sitting on a blanket together just hanging out.and then we decided to go to the bathroom.it was like a big corridor type of bathroom which also had 2 different levels to it lol while me and katy were waiting on shannon,this older man came up to us and started praising katy about her songs and performances,and then shannon joined us..the man kept talking and he was really nice about what he said to katy but then we realized that he was being sarcastic and katy kinda just brushed him off,she didnt want to be rude back to him but i got really mad and started yelling at him for being an ass lol at that time katy just walked out of the bathroom from the entry door,but i continued to yell at him as shannon was holding me and kinda dragging me from behind just telling me to forget it but she was really calm about it lol and as she was pulling me away the man still followed us and continued to talk crap about katy and then shannon pulled us out thru like a side door exit from the bathroom but he follows us still and i remember thinking "dont hit him" lol so threw my water bottle at him instead lol and then he got pissed and walked away and me and shannon met back up with katy on our blanket on the grass lol katy was kinda upset,not crying but you could tell she was sad about what he said.so me and shannon just kinda layed on the grass with her and comforted her…the end haha

not really sure what this dream came from,the only part i could figure out was the park setting bcuz im going to coachella and thats the setting it reminded me of,and i guess since we know katy goes to coachella too,maybe thats why she was there too..but other than that..not really sure what the man had to do with it or anything else haha

This sounded like an awesome dream, besides the nasty man. This is what I would call a Hopeful dream. You know Katy attends Coachella with her close friends and she is pretty relaxed and "normal" (trying to fit in and just have fun like she isn't famous :P). Since your going to Coachella, your subconscious thought of the perfect experience of what could happen when you go. You being a nice and friendly person (one that treats Katy like she is normal) gets the chance to hang with Katy cause she loves people like that (she says it all the time), but you also know that for every nice person there is a bad person therefore the nasty man appeared. But all ended well and sounded like you had a great time and as such hope you have a great time at the real Coachella  ;)

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »

What exactly do you think the dream means?

Basically, the dream is just based on a confusion your mind had on whether or not Katy smokes. (Mostly caused by the forum)

I'm confused.  Katy Hudson and Katy Perry are the same person.

Yes I know. But Katy's behaviour was quite different in early part of her career (vblogs, twitter post, what she said and did), back when she was barely known as Katy Perry. Katy Perry today however, has matured quite a lot, therefore there is a lot that she holds back due to her fame  and the damn media.

So you think quitting smoking (or at least editing the opening sequence to remove smoking) symbolizes maturing?

Yes, precisely :D

That all makes sense.   :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »

I like "Spiritual", but to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what the song is about.  Is it intended to be a religious song?  Or is it about her love toward John Mayer?  I've heard both interpretations.  Regardless of the interpretation, I really like the aesthetic quality of the song, since it is very soft and has a very catchy arrangement, which is a combination that I like, and one that works very well with Katy's voice.  As for where Spiritual ranks compared to the rest of Prism, that's hard to say, since I like the entire album so much.  Does this help with your interpretation?

Ok, I think the reason why you heard it playing during Christmas season, has to do with the thought that it is a religious song. The song itself you like but the meaning behind it catches you off guard, your unsure and hence why it randomly made an appearance in your dream. Hope with helps :D

That makes sense.  Do you know what the official interpretation of the song is?  Or, how do you interpret the song?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »

That all makes sense.  A few other thoughts: my first post on this board (and the reason I joined) was to ask whether or not when Katy sings "Firework" outside the US, whether or not she changed the "Like the 4th of July" line.  I was told she did not change the line.  That could be why July 4 was in the dream.  As for July 5 being in the dream: I Kissed a Girl first hit #1 on the chart dated July 5, 2008, and the Part of Me movie was released on July 5, 2012.  I've speculated that the movie was intentionally released on July 5 for that reason.  July 5, 2012 was a Thursday, and (at least in the US), it is very rare to release a movie on a Thursday.  Movies are almost always released on Fridays, or occasionally Wednesdays (in the case of a Wednesday 4th of July, like 2012, I've seen movies be released on Tuesday, July 3, but Thursday still makes no sense).  As for July 3 being in the dream: I had posted (and it turned into a flame war) that I wonder if Wide Awake would have been more successful if it had been released Tuesday, July 3, 2012 (the Tuesday before the Part of Me movie was released) rather than Tuesday, May 22, 2012 (the Tuesday before Memorial Day, which kicks off the summer).  Wide Awake isn't really a summer song, but if it was released July 3, it could have been a tie-in to the movie, plus it would have given people time to get sick of Call Me Maybe.

As for why she performed in the dream on July 3 and 5 but not July 4: no idea.

The main question on your mind was about the '4th of July' line in Firework and where the line was changed. In your analysis you have found a pattern with some of Katy's release dates and therefore, has subconsciously put July 5th and 3rd in your mind. Thus when you dreamed of Firework those two dates appeared and not July 4th.

That makes sense, although Katy has never released a song or a movie on July 3.  But July 3 sort of represents what could have been.

Also, in the US, songs are usually released on Tuesdays.  Since Katy has been famous (since 2008), July 4 has not fallen on a Tuesday (it last fell on a Tuesday in 2006), though July 3 and 5 have both fallen on Tuesdays (July 5, 2011 and July 3, 2012 were both Tuesdays).  Thus, July 3 and 5 are both dates that Katy presumably could have released a song, but July 4 has never been a potential release date from her.  It will next fall on a Tuesday in 2017.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:20:10 PM by mitsguy2001 »

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2014, 08:09:24 PM »

I like "Spiritual", but to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what the song is about.  Is it intended to be a religious song?  Or is it about her love toward John Mayer?  I've heard both interpretations.  Regardless of the interpretation, I really like the aesthetic quality of the song, since it is very soft and has a very catchy arrangement, which is a combination that I like, and one that works very well with Katy's voice.  As for where Spiritual ranks compared to the rest of Prism, that's hard to say, since I like the entire album so much.  Does this help with your interpretation?

Ok, I think the reason why you heard it playing during Christmas season, has to do with the thought that it is a religious song. The song itself you like but the meaning behind it catches you off guard, your unsure and hence why it randomly made an appearance in your dream. Hope with helps :D

That makes sense.  Do you know what the official interpretation of the song is?  Or, how do you interpret the song?

Unfortunately, I don't know the official interpretation of the song cause I believe only the true writers know the real meaning and interpretation. However, I'm able to gives you my interpretation  :)

Firstly, the background leading up to the song -

After the split with Russell, it is shown through other songs in the album and the POM film, that it had affected her (as it would anyone that gets divorced or simply breaks up).

Summary of song -

The song itself is about her finding someone that made her feel special again, possibly John (but might have been someone else). As for the theme, Katy has written the song in a religious context, possibly due to her strong religious beliefs (not essentially speaking about God, but of a spiritual sense overall).

[Verse 1]:

Katy talks about having looked to God after the split and possibly wondered and wanted to find love again. She thus has found that person, someone that makes her feel special, which was hard to do. The reference to a desert rose states this - since this plant is very tough yet sensitive to water ( Katy is tough but she is sensitive to love). So she states that she is incredibly grateful that she has managed to find someone that has made her bloom. (References also to kissing and "making out")

[Hook]:

She expresses here how it happened, to a certain extent she actually doesn't know but she doesn't seem to care too much, cause it's been a while since she has felt this way therefore she has given in to the great feeling she feels for this person.

[Chorus]:

This is the ultimate expression of how she feels about this love. The fact that it is heart before mind, that she has never felt this way before, she is free and happy (how she feels when she is doing mantra).

[Verse 2]:

She states here that she has become addicted to this love.

Overall Interpretation:

After the split. Katy was in a dark place, she looked to God and spiritual meditation for help. Then came along someone that managed to mend the broke heart and make her feel special again, more so than she has ever felt before. As such she had became addicted to the feeling she felt and the love that she had for this person. Metaphorically she is a desert rose, a plant that is tough in every way (something you need to be when your a celebrity) but when it comes a to the sensitive stuff, stuff that actually matters to our well being she is sensitive.

Hope this wasn't too complicated for you to understand :)

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't know the official interpretation of the song cause I believe only the true writers know the real meaning and interpretation. However, I'm able to gives you my interpretation  :)

Firstly, the background leading up to the song -

After the split with Russell, it is shown through other songs in the album and the POM film, that it had affected her (as it would anyone that gets divorced or simply breaks up).

Summary of song -

The song itself is about her finding someone that made her feel special again, possibly John (but might have been someone else). As for the theme, Katy has written the song in a religious context, possibly due to her strong religious beliefs (not essentially speaking about God, but of a spiritual sense overall).

[Verse 1]:

Katy talks about having looked to God after the split and possibly wondered and wanted to find love again. She thus has found that person, someone that makes her feel special, which was hard to do. The reference to a desert rose states this - since this plant is very tough yet sensitive to water ( Katy is tough but she is sensitive to love). So she states that she is incredibly grateful that she has managed to find someone that has made her bloom. (References also to kissing and "making out")

[Hook]:

She expresses here how it happened, to a certain extent she actually doesn't know but she doesn't seem to care too much, cause it's been a while since she has felt this way therefore she has given in to the great feeling she feels for this person.

[Chorus]:

This is the ultimate expression of how she feels about this love. The fact that it is heart before mind, that she has never felt this way before, she is free and happy (how she feels when she is doing mantra).

[Verse 2]:

She states here that she has become addicted to this love.

Overall Interpretation:

After the split. Katy was in a dark place, she looked to God and spiritual meditation for help. Then came along someone that managed to mend the broke heart and make her feel special again, more so than she has ever felt before. As such she had became addicted to the feeling she felt and the love that she had for this person. Metaphorically she is a desert rose, a plant that is tough in every way (something you need to be when your a celebrity) but when it comes a to the sensitive stuff, stuff that actually matters to our well being she is sensitive.

Hope this wasn't too complicated for you to understand :)

I like that interpretation, and it includes both religious elements and elements of her being in love with a man.  That makes sense.

The desert rose is a good analogy for Katy, since it combines both her toughness and her vulnerability.

How does this relate to my dream?

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:37 AM »
This sounded like an awesome dream, besides the nasty man. This is what I would call a Hopeful dream. You know Katy attends Coachella with her close friends and she is pretty relaxed and "normal" (trying to fit in and just have fun like she isn't famous :P). Since your going to Coachella, your subconscious thought of the perfect experience of what could happen when you go. You being a nice and friendly person (one that treats Katy like she is normal) gets the chance to hang with Katy cause she loves people like that (she says it all the time), but you also know that for every nice person there is a bad person therefore the nasty man appeared. But all ended well and sounded like you had a great time and as such hope you have a great time at the real Coachella  ;)

thanks for the interpretation!..yes it was an AMAZING dream!..one of those that felt SO real,like one of the most real feeling dreams ive ever had haha (ive always wondered why some dreams seem so much more real than others?)..and i was SO pissed when i woke up and realized it wasnt real haha but you make a lot of sense!that all seems really fitting,bcuz im not going to lie,i have hoped and daydreamed since i bought my ticket to coachella,how awesome it would be to see or run into katy there,and of course to hang out with her too :lol: i think you also have a point with the "treating her like a normal person" thing too..im sure like most of us,youre right,i dont really think of her as a huge superstar or "super human",i just see her as a regular person,especially bcuz she does these things like coachella and acts so normal..and especially after meeting david a couple times,i think of him the same way,and katy even more like that too…and whenever i think about that,i always think about the fact that she enjoys meeting those types of people,of course she loves meeting every fan,but we've all heard her say how much she loves meeting the more relaxed fans and the ones that dont get overwhelmed while meeting her,and ive always thought about that if/when i meet her,i'd want to give her that lol makes sense now ;)
ps when i met david for the first time in january,he told me his band was going to perform at bootsybellows after party at coachella!but im going to weekend 2,and theyre going to weekend 1 :( but i probably wouldnt see them and katy anyways since im sure that party is invite-only :( but still gets rid of my chances of running into them or seeing them at the festival..unless she goes both weekends like she did in 2012?but i doubt it since tour will start shortly after lol..oh well,maybe next year! ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:08:39 AM by OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life »

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »

As I said before, I believe you dreamt about Spiritual due to you being unsure what the interpretation of the song was and merely nothing more than that :D

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »

thanks for the interpretation!

My pleasure  :) I love dreams, I'm actually a vivid, lucid dreamer.

ive always wondered why some dreams seem so much more real than others?

Actually, there is a reason why some dreams are feel more real than others. Basically, We experience a dream as real because it is real. Well our mind thinks it is at least, thus making you think as such. As the brain goes to sleep it becomes less activated and then like clockwork several times a night becomes re-activated as it is in waking but with a major difference - your external sensations (body) are not activated only your internal senses (mind and soul) are activated. Dreams appear so real because this main rational part of our brain is de-activated while we dream. This means the part of our brain that would interrupt and say;"Hey! This isn't real?" is not awake.Thus why we perceive whatever we are dreaming of in our dream as being a real. Therefore it is not till we wake up that we realize it wasn't real (cause ur rational part is reactivated).

ps when i met david for the first time in january,he told me his band was going to perform at bootsybellows after party at coachella!but im going to weekend 2,and theyre going to weekend 1 :( but i probably wouldnt see them and katy anyways since im sure that party is invite-only :( but still gets rid of my chances of running into them or seeing them at the festival..unless she goes both weekends like she did in 2012?but i doubt it since tour will start shortly after lol..oh well,maybe next year! ;)

You never know Katy might go to both, seeing as though it will be her last official holiday event before working non stop for rest of year. I have my Fingers crossed for you  :thumbzup:

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
thanks kitten!!  :katycat2:

that is true!!hmm maybe she would go to both?when david told me that they were performing i jokingly said "you should go to weekend 2 too" and he was just like "hmm idk the performance is weekend 1" but i think he was saying it with just the performance in mind,and idk if he would really want to say "we're going to weekend 2 too!" especially since that was the first time i met him lol but you have a point,maybe since she has such a long tour ahead of her,she'll want to enjoy her last days as a "free woman" LMAO :lol: thanks!ill be having my fingers crossed too!theres so many bands playing that i know shes a fan of,so if shes there maybe my chances will be good in seeing them :)

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »

thanks for the interpretation!

My pleasure  :) I love dreams, I'm actually a vivid, lucid dreamer.

ive always wondered why some dreams seem so much more real than others?

Actually, there is a reason why some dreams are feel more real than others. Basically, We experience a dream as real because it is real. Well our mind thinks it is at least, thus making you think as such. As the brain goes to sleep it becomes less activated and then like clockwork several times a night becomes re-activated as it is in waking but with a major difference - your external sensations (body) are not activated only your internal senses (mind and soul) are activated. Dreams appear so real because this main rational part of our brain is de-activated while we dream. This means the part of our brain that would interrupt and say;"Hey! This isn't real?" is not awake.Thus why we perceive whatever we are dreaming of in our dream as being a real. Therefore it is not till we wake up that we realize it wasn't real (cause ur rational part is reactivated).

You never know Katy might go to both, seeing as though it will be her last official holiday event before working non stop for rest of year. I have my Fingers crossed for you  :thumbzup:

I enjoy your dream interpretations so much!  One thing I wonder about: I had heard years ago that ones last dream of the night (the one you are most likely to remember) is the longest, and is a summary of dreams from earlier in the night?  Is that true?  If so, that could explain seemingly unrelated random things being in a dream.  For example, when  I posted about the dream where I met Katy on a cruise, maybe earlier in the night I had a dream about a cruise, and another dream about Katy, and I combined them.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2014, 12:27:59 AM »

As I said before, I believe you dreamt about Spiritual due to you being unsure what the interpretation of the song was and merely nothing more than that :D

One other question about "Spiritual": this may be a silly question, but what does the line "Holy Hell and Heaven High" mean?  Does it have an actual meaning?  Or did she just want a series of interjections that sounded vaguely religious?

I think Spiritual is one of several songs on the album that have both a religious component and a component related to a relationship with a man.  That seems to be a recurring theme on Prism.

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:15 AM »

One other question about "Spiritual": this may be a silly question, but what does the line "Holy Hell and Heaven High" mean?  Does it have an actual meaning?  Or did she just want a series of interjections that sounded vaguely religious?

I think Spiritual is one of several songs on the album that have both a religious component and a component related to a relationship with a man.  That seems to be a recurring theme on Prism.

Ok basically that line means "it might not be right, but it feels so good." Yes in a way this line does contain interjections they have meaning. (Holy hell - it might not be right, Heaven high - feels so good, like in in heaven I'm on a high).

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »

Ok basically that line means "it might not be right, but it feels so good." Yes in a way this line does contain interjections they have meaning. (Holy hell - it might not be right, Heaven high - feels so good, like in in heaven I'm on a high).

That makes sense, since a recurring theme in Katy's songs is the conflict between something that feels good to her at the time but she knows is wrong (according to her morals).  In this case, she is likely talking about pre-marital sex.  Do you think that "Spiritual" is saying that even though she believes pre-marital sex is wrong, she feels it is still worth it since it feels good at the time?  Or do you think she is saying that even though pre-marital sex might feel good in the moment, it is not worth it in the long run?  Or do you think she is just presenting the facts without taking an opinion either way?  (before anyone jumps down my throat, I am NOT making an attempt to discuss Katy's personal live.  I am trying to interpret a song that is on a legally released mainstream album).  Other songs of Katy's do seem to be against pre-marital sex, although in a very subtle way.

One other thing I wonder is, I know John Mayer is listed as a co-writer of the song.  Does anyone know how big his role was in writing it?  Did he have a major role (equal to Katy, or even bigger), or did he just have a very small role (deleting a line)?

Back to the topic of dreams: did you see my question about the "summary dream"?  Was what I posted correct?  Also, about the specific dream I had involving "Spiritual", part of it could be because, at the time, I had recently posted that Katy should do a Christmas album.  And I had speculated that the proximity to Christmas was what caused "Unconditionally" to underperform.