Author Topic: Dreams involving Katy Perry  (Read 8820 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
Re: Dreams involving Katy Perry
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »
I had several dreams last night that didn't really involve Katy (don't remember what they were about), but I heard Katy's music in the background during the dreams (which is unusual for me).  I know one of them had The One That Got Away, and another had Walking on Air.

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
By the way, I had another dream involving Katy.  It took place sometime in the future, and Katy appered in a TV series where she solved mysteries.  In the series, she had curly blonde (her natural color in real life) hair, and she lived in a house on the beach.  In the opening sequence of the series, it showed Katy smoking a cigarette on a balcony of her house overlooking the beach, and she jumped from a balcony, over a fence onto the beach, and ran toward the water.  In later seasons, the opening was edited to remove the smoking.  In the dream, I posted about that series on this board, and everyone denied that she smoked a cigarette, even though she obviously did.

I'm sure that my debates on this forum about the existance and extent of Katy's smoking habit had something to do with the dream.  But I have also heard that in dreams, smoking represents hiding your true personality.  That could have to do with the conversation that my wife and I had with my parents and my brother yesterday on Thanksgiving about Katy.  My wife and I are the only people in my family that like Katy.  My brother and parents do not beleive that the Teenage Dream era was a true phase of Katy's life, and that she sold out to become famous, and now that she is famous went back to being who she was.  My wife and I, however, beleieve that Katy was genuine, and that she really has matured since her Teenage Dream days (I think Wide Awake made that obvious).  Also, my brother claims that Katy is an alcoholic and a drug addict.  I do not beleive that either of those are true (and I have never heard either of those about her), but don't have anyway to prove it to my brother.  So I see the dream being about this.  Especially since the TV series in the dream was about mysteries (and much of Katy's life is a mystery that only she will ever know), and she reverted back to her natural color hair.

I think this is a very personal depiction of Katy based on your own beliefs. You yourself believed Katy smokes (which she does, but not a lot) taking you back to Katy Hudson herself, the true character. You said you discussed this smoking topic on the forum and people denied it (creating the mystery within itself does Katy Perry smoke? The later series showed Katy Perry with no cigarette. This is actually a deeper thought dream than what you think, a sort of philosophical dream.

I think your dream was pure philosophy.

Firstly, the series itself is circulating around the thought - who smokes Katy Hudson or Katy Perry?
Secondly, look at Katy's growth over the years, the changes she was made. She has gone from being a open book, to slowly keeping things hidden. Aka the image of young Hudson to mature Perry, in your dream.

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:
30/06/12 - Part of Me 3D Movie Premiere
03/07/12 - Katy answered my question on MSN interview
29/10/13 - Met and spent time with Katy plus #selfie
21/11/14 - #Usie (Group Selfie) with Katy (VIP RS)
24/11/14 - Katy looked & pointed at me during PWT (GA)
25/11/14 - Katy grabbed my hands & my letter & let me sing in mic (RS)

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
I had another dream last night that (sort of) involved Katy.  In this dream, my brother and his girlfriend were visiting.  When they were leaving, I drove them to the train station and dropped them off.  After they left, I turned on the radio to the station that I typically listen to, which, for the time being in real life, is playing Christmas music 24 hours a day.  However, when I turned on the radio in the dream, "Spiritual" came on, although it was near the end of the song!  I was surprised, first of all, since it's not a Christmas song, and secondly, because it hasn't been released as a single and is a bonus track, so it is unlikely to get radio airplay.

Interesting, before I interpret this answer me this out of all the songs on Prism where does "Spiritual" sit?

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »
And last night I had yet another dream involving Katy!  In this dream, as a teaser, she released the dates of her North American tour, but not the cities where she'll be performing on each date.  Since that wouldn't be too meaningful, I didn't look at it too closely.  But I did check to see if she was performing on her birthday (Oct. 25) and to see if she was performing on July 4.  She was performing on Oct. 25, but not on July 4 (though she was performing July 3 and 5).  It also said that one of her performances will be in Detroit (which seems random, since I live nowhere near Detroit).

I think this might be what I call a curious dream. I had something similar, before Katy announced the dates for PWT I dreamt that I overheard Katy talking about the tour to Shannon (weird I know) anyway when Katy and Shannon left to go somewhere I snuck in the room and noticed a PWT folder and I opened it to find (what now I find surprising) was a triangle shaped stage show only the only place for fans was in the middle and standing on outside, no seats. Anyway back to reality, I believe with the excitement of the tour your mind was anxious to find out when and where she was going to preform.

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
Weirdest. dream. ever.

Wow, I don't really know how to explain this one. In brief, It seemed like I was sharing an apartment with John and there were people over. Not to mention that have of our apartment was a big shower and then through the bedroom was an empty concert venue  :o Anyway as there are friends over I ask where Katy is and she whispered to me because apparently she was incognito and didn't want to be recognized at which point we hugged and then I began planning how I was gonna steal her away from him and then the dream ended. Incredibly odd dream lol. The Katy hug felt so real, it was such a vivid dream.

lol, it's funny that you said the apartment was half shower and the bedroom was a concert venue. This is what is called missing puzzle pieces. Sadly not everyone can remember their entire dream from start to finish. Which is perfectly normal, cause technically your not meant to. Instead you only remember pieces and you try to put it together. Some struggle and give up, others don't realize what's happening and don't care, other can't remember a thing and like in this case others put the pieces together like a puzzle and end up with something similar to a half shower, concert venue bedroom apartment.

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
I'm sure it is already clear, looking at the last few posts, but I AM BACK!!!!!!!

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2014, 11:17:14 PM »
By the way, I had another dream involving Katy.  It took place sometime in the future, and Katy appered in a TV series where she solved mysteries.  In the series, she had curly blonde (her natural color in real life) hair, and she lived in a house on the beach.  In the opening sequence of the series, it showed Katy smoking a cigarette on a balcony of her house overlooking the beach, and she jumped from a balcony, over a fence onto the beach, and ran toward the water.  In later seasons, the opening was edited to remove the smoking.  In the dream, I posted about that series on this board, and everyone denied that she smoked a cigarette, even though she obviously did.

I'm sure that my debates on this forum about the existance and extent of Katy's smoking habit had something to do with the dream.  But I have also heard that in dreams, smoking represents hiding your true personality.  That could have to do with the conversation that my wife and I had with my parents and my brother yesterday on Thanksgiving about Katy.  My wife and I are the only people in my family that like Katy.  My brother and parents do not beleive that the Teenage Dream era was a true phase of Katy's life, and that she sold out to become famous, and now that she is famous went back to being who she was.  My wife and I, however, beleieve that Katy was genuine, and that she really has matured since her Teenage Dream days (I think Wide Awake made that obvious).  Also, my brother claims that Katy is an alcoholic and a drug addict.  I do not beleive that either of those are true (and I have never heard either of those about her), but don't have anyway to prove it to my brother.  So I see the dream being about this.  Especially since the TV series in the dream was about mysteries (and much of Katy's life is a mystery that only she will ever know), and she reverted back to her natural color hair.

I think this is a very personal depiction of Katy based on your own beliefs. You yourself believed Katy smokes (which she does, but not a lot) taking you back to Katy Hudson herself, the true character. You said you discussed this smoking topic on the forum and people denied it (creating the mystery within itself does Katy Perry smoke? The later series showed Katy Perry with no cigarette. This is actually a deeper thought dream than what you think, a sort of philosophical dream.

I think your dream was pure philosophy.

What exactly do you think the dream means?

Firstly, the series itself is circulating around the thought - who smokes Katy Hudson or Katy Perry?

I'm confused.  Katy Hudson and Katy Perry are the same person.

Secondly, look at Katy's growth over the years, the changes she was made. She has gone from being a open book, to slowly keeping things hidden. Aka the image of young Hudson to mature Perry, in your dream.

So you think quitting smoking (or at least editing the opening sequence to remove smoking) symbolizes maturing?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
I had another dream last night that (sort of) involved Katy.  In this dream, my brother and his girlfriend were visiting.  When they were leaving, I drove them to the train station and dropped them off.  After they left, I turned on the radio to the station that I typically listen to, which, for the time being in real life, is playing Christmas music 24 hours a day.  However, when I turned on the radio in the dream, "Spiritual" came on, although it was near the end of the song!  I was surprised, first of all, since it's not a Christmas song, and secondly, because it hasn't been released as a single and is a bonus track, so it is unlikely to get radio airplay.

Interesting, before I interpret this answer me this out of all the songs on Prism where does "Spiritual" sit?

I like "Spiritual", but to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what the song is about.  Is it intended to be a religious song?  Or is it about her love toward John Mayer?  I've heard both interpretations.  Regardless of the interpretation, I really like the aesthetic quality of the song, since it is very soft and has a very catchy arrangement, which is a combination that I like, and one that works very well with Katy's voice.  As for where Spiritual ranks compared to the rest of Prism, that's hard to say, since I like the entire album so much.  Does this help with your interpretation?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »
And last night I had yet another dream involving Katy!  In this dream, as a teaser, she released the dates of her North American tour, but not the cities where she'll be performing on each date.  Since that wouldn't be too meaningful, I didn't look at it too closely.  But I did check to see if she was performing on her birthday (Oct. 25) and to see if she was performing on July 4.  She was performing on Oct. 25, but not on July 4 (though she was performing July 3 and 5).  It also said that one of her performances will be in Detroit (which seems random, since I live nowhere near Detroit).

I think this might be what I call a curious dream. I had something similar, before Katy announced the dates for PWT I dreamt that I overheard Katy talking about the tour to Shannon (weird I know) anyway when Katy and Shannon left to go somewhere I snuck in the room and noticed a PWT folder and I opened it to find (what now I find surprising) was a triangle shaped stage show only the only place for fans was in the middle and standing on outside, no seats. Anyway back to reality, I believe with the excitement of the tour your mind was anxious to find out when and where she was going to preform.

That all makes sense.  A few other thoughts: my first post on this board (and the reason I joined) was to ask whether or not when Katy sings "Firework" outside the US, whether or not she changed the "Like the 4th of July" line.  I was told she did not change the line.  That could be why July 4 was in the dream.  As for July 5 being in the dream: I Kissed a Girl first hit #1 on the chart dated July 5, 2008, and the Part of Me movie was released on July 5, 2012.  I've speculated that the movie was intentionally released on July 5 for that reason.  July 5, 2012 was a Thursday, and (at least in the US), it is very rare to release a movie on a Thursday.  Movies are almost always released on Fridays, or occasionally Wednesdays (in the case of a Wednesday 4th of July, like 2012, I've seen movies be released on Tuesday, July 3, but Thursday still makes no sense).  As for July 3 being in the dream: I had posted (and it turned into a flame war) that I wonder if Wide Awake would have been more successful if it had been released Tuesday, July 3, 2012 (the Tuesday before the Part of Me movie was released) rather than Tuesday, May 22, 2012 (the Tuesday before Memorial Day, which kicks off the summer).  Wide Awake isn't really a summer song, but if it was released July 3, it could have been a tie-in to the movie, plus it would have given people time to get sick of Call Me Maybe.

As for why she performed in the dream on July 3 and 5 but not July 4: no idea.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
Weirdest. dream. ever.

Wow, I don't really know how to explain this one. In brief, It seemed like I was sharing an apartment with John and there were people over. Not to mention that have of our apartment was a big shower and then through the bedroom was an empty concert venue  :o Anyway as there are friends over I ask where Katy is and she whispered to me because apparently she was incognito and didn't want to be recognized at which point we hugged and then I began planning how I was gonna steal her away from him and then the dream ended. Incredibly odd dream lol. The Katy hug felt so real, it was such a vivid dream.

lol, it's funny that you said the apartment was half shower and the bedroom was a concert venue. This is what is called missing puzzle pieces. Sadly not everyone can remember their entire dream from start to finish. Which is perfectly normal, cause technically your not meant to. Instead you only remember pieces and you try to put it together. Some struggle and give up, others don't realize what's happening and don't care, other can't remember a thing and like in this case others put the pieces together like a puzzle and end up with something similar to a half shower, concert venue bedroom apartment.

That makes sense.  I've had dreams like that before, but can't think of any offhand.  If I have one involving Katy, I'll be sure to let you know!!

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
I'm sure it is already clear, looking at the last few posts, but I AM BACK!!!!!!!

Welcome back!!  Thanks for helping interpret my (and others) dreams!!  So glad you are back.   :)

Offline JustAKatyCat

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • .Katheryn.
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »
I had a dream she was a butcher once. And this was before the CDT
I honestly don't care if you have been a KatyCat since I Kissed A Girl or since Roar. If you love and support her, that's enough for me.

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2014, 06:38:59 AM »
i just remembered this thread exists,so i'll explain my dream i had about a week ago if i can remember it all haha

it started off with me being on this train system that we have here in the bay area of california but it was on this weird track,basically like a roller coaster lol and then i got off and was at this park,like a big park with just a large area of grass.it was as if there was some sort of event bcuz there were tons of people,but nothing going on,just people hanging out within groups of their friends.when i got off i saw katy with markus from a distance just hanging out together but i guess i was there to see my mom.dont know why?haha well as i was walking to find her,thats when i saw katy,and then i kept walking and ran into a katy cat friend,but i decided not to tell her i saw katy since we havent met in person and i figured it would be weird,again,dont know why?haha so i walked by her,saw my mom for a few mins and some other people came into the dream but thats not important here haha then next thing i know,im hanging out in the park with katy and shannon,we were just sitting on a blanket together just hanging out.and then we decided to go to the bathroom.it was like a big corridor type of bathroom which also had 2 different levels to it lol while me and katy were waiting on shannon,this older man came up to us and started praising katy about her songs and performances,and then shannon joined us..the man kept talking and he was really nice about what he said to katy but then we realized that he was being sarcastic and katy kinda just brushed him off,she didnt want to be rude back to him but i got really mad and started yelling at him for being an ass lol at that time katy just walked out of the bathroom from the entry door,but i continued to yell at him as shannon was holding me and kinda dragging me from behind just telling me to forget it but she was really calm about it lol and as she was pulling me away the man still followed us and continued to talk crap about katy and then shannon pulled us out thru like a side door exit from the bathroom but he follows us still and i remember thinking "dont hit him" lol so threw my water bottle at him instead lol and then he got pissed and walked away and me and shannon met back up with katy on our blanket on the grass lol katy was kinda upset,not crying but you could tell she was sad about what he said.so me and shannon just kinda layed on the grass with her and comforted her…the end haha

not really sure what this dream came from,the only part i could figure out was the park setting bcuz im going to coachella and thats the setting it reminded me of,and i guess since we know katy goes to coachella too,maybe thats why she was there too..but other than that..not really sure what the man had to do with it or anything else haha

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »

What exactly do you think the dream means?

Basically, the dream is just based on a confusion your mind had on whether or not Katy smokes. (Mostly caused by the forum)

I'm confused.  Katy Hudson and Katy Perry are the same person.

Yes I know. But Katy's behaviour was quite different in early part of her career (vblogs, twitter post, what she said and did), back when she was barely known as Katy Perry. Katy Perry today however, has matured quite a lot, therefore there is a lot that she holds back due to her fame  and the damn media.

So you think quitting smoking (or at least editing the opening sequence to remove smoking) symbolizes maturing?

Yes, precisely :D

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements:

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »

I like "Spiritual", but to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what the song is about.  Is it intended to be a religious song?  Or is it about her love toward John Mayer?  I've heard both interpretations.  Regardless of the interpretation, I really like the aesthetic quality of the song, since it is very soft and has a very catchy arrangement, which is a combination that I like, and one that works very well with Katy's voice.  As for where Spiritual ranks compared to the rest of Prism, that's hard to say, since I like the entire album so much.  Does this help with your interpretation?

Ok, I think the reason why you heard it playing during Christmas season, has to do with the thought that it is a religious song. The song itself you like but the meaning behind it catches you off guard, your unsure and hence why it randomly made an appearance in your dream. Hope with helps :D

Proud Katycat #52620
I
Achievements: