Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

Author Topic: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013  (Read 2416 times)

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
Re: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 07:39:58 AM »
I feel sorry for these guys at NRJ.  :lol:

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 04:27:40 AM »
Well... look what the most pathetic excuse for a newspaper just wrote. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2525593/Katy-Perry-forced-restart-backing-track-reveals-lip-syncing.html
 :grr: :grr: :grr:

We thought it was over a couple of days ago but this is starting to make news internationally just now. Oh shit. It's the flute fail of 2011 all over again. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:44:35 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 09:18:40 AM »
Well... look what the most pathetic excuse for a newspaper just wrote. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2525593/Katy-Perry-forced-restart-backing-track-reveals-lip-syncing.html

We thought it was over a couple of days ago but this is starting to make news internationally just now. Oh shit. It's the flute fail of 2011 all over again.
It's the daily mail, what do you expect?  :hehe:

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

WAIT A MOMENT, what are you guys upset about??  ???
The article states that Katy has received an OFFICIAL APOLOGY from the people responsible for what happened; it also describes WHAT ACTUALLY happened and makes it clear that none of it was Katy's fault. It puts her in the best and most truthful light as possible after all the ridiculous shit which had been written about her, and you want to bash the paper for it - explain, please?   

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »

The article states that Katy has received an OFFICIAL APOLOGY from the people responsible for what happened; it also describes WHAT ACTUALLY happened and makes it clear that none of it was Katy's fault. It puts her in the best and most truthful light as possible after all the ridiculous shit which had been written about her, and you want to bash the paper for it - explain, please?
OHHH LOOK! They've changed the article haha! What it says in the URL I posted this morning is what the title used to read and there were way over a hundred comments on the article bashing her, calling her talentless, the rest...

... DM is still a really pathetic excuse for a newspaper though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:32:06 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

OHHH LOOK! They've changed the article haha! What it says in the URL I posted this morning is what the title used to read and there were way over a hundred comments on the article bashing her, calling her talentless, the rest...

Those comments continued  long after that change (which I haven't quite got yet) and there are over two hundred. I come across them when they're about other people, and they all say pretty much the same. You could print that either Katy or anybody else just saved the world and you would still get the same ones.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »

Those comments continued  long after that change (which I haven't quite got yet) and there are over two hundred. I come across them when they're about other people, and they all say pretty much the same. You could print that either Katy or anybody else just saved the world and you would still get the same ones.
Mostly true bc Daily Mail readers are just bitter middle-class housewives. They're not normally this negative about Katy though.

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »

Mostly true bc Daily Mail readers are just bitter middle-class housewives. They're not normally this negative about Katy though.
I don't know it well enough, I just followed that link, but it just strikes me that the comments don't change when something in the headline or so changes. It doesn't matter. What I mean to say is, you could write that any star ate egg sandwich yesterday, or saved a child from drowning and you would still get the same comments, they're all so similar, too, that you could post them all next to another female star. I think the main thing is what happened and not what daily mail readers or people who can't read properly post as comments. It will hopefully be published in better items of media, and help to inform instead of gossip. And people who can read and grasp a short article in plain English at all will not necessarily read that one but others in which the same statement is made.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline beting12

• Purrrfection
  • The truth will set you free
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
FINALLY. An apology...

19/3/11 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, 31/3/11 - Bournemouth BIC, 15/10/11 - O2 Arena, London, 9/6/12 - Summertime Ball, Wembley Stadium, London, 3/7/12 - Part Of Me Premiere, Empire Cinema, London, 17/10/13 - The Graham Norton Show, London, 7/12/13 - Jingle Bell Ball - O2 Arena, London, 15/12/13 - The X Factor Final - Wembley Arena, London

Music can be so powerful. It can transform you, inspire you and heal you.

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »

I hate the Daily Mail. I don't know how anyone can actually read that rag of a paper... What I also can't understand is how it took the apology for people to realise what happened. It's like they didn't even watch the video. 
From the minute I started watching it for the first time, I could see what was going wrong. Am I crazy?  :lol:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 01:24:42 AM »

I hate the Daily Mail. I don't know how anyone can actually read that rag of a paper... What I also can't understand is how it took the apology for people to realise what happened. It's like they didn't even watch the video. 
From the minute I started watching it for the first time, I could see what was going wrong. Am I crazy?  :lol:
I think it's worse than that, because while the article clearly stated the truth all the comments ridiculing her still continued pouring in, as if people really couldn't read or just WANTED to believe she had 'messed up the lip sync and therefore was asked to sing live instead'. It isn't the paper, it's the people who read it, they're so fucking dumb it's unbelievable.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »
Well I suppose it's both really. Moron paper attracts moron readers. They still wrote the complete bullshit about her lip syncing at first.

I'd say her comments on MailOnline are mostly positive 75% of the time though. And for Daily Mail readers who comment on famous women that is quite a lot. Generally people do find her to be a likeable person.

@contraduncan

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
I hate Daily Mail, it should be regarded as the world's worst newspaper. I do feel bad for Katy none of it was her fault

Proud Katycat #52620