Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 07:13:59 PM

Author Topic: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013  (Read 2473 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »
But that's what I meant, stop thinking bad about everything and everyone! Obviously the show was just one technical breakdown by the look AND SOUND of it. Okay...
If it was too bad, Katy won't go again, if not, she will, but - yes, Kots, I'd love to see, too, some happy pictures now about happy moments Katy obviously had there. A video of her acceptance speech, and how she received her awards. Katy is so busy that she's over it be now, and so should we, and congratulate her on Twitter  :firework:  :flowerpower:

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »
Ahhh I see what happened now. I get it that accidents happen, what is annoying me now is that a lot of people thought it was a lipsyncing fail. Did they even watch the video?

Happy that she won two awards though! Unconditionally was stunning too!  :pinkbow:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
Roar : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18f02a_katy-perry-performing-roar-in-the-nrj-music-awards-2014_music

I'm currently uploading Unconditionally. She is an angel.

Is this what it looked like? Oh my bleeding rotten heart, that is so fantastic!
And Katy has won two awards? WOW That's even better!!
In this thread, I find it a bit harsh to call people unprofessional only because accidents happen. Professional means merely that you do something to make a living of, not that you're perfect. And the country in which it happens hasn't got anything to do with it either. I understand that such situations are stressful for all the performers onstage, but they're not the end of everything. I saw the 'final' performance of ROAR in one go and could hear that the sound was still wrong and hanging on a thin thread, and she might have been fed up about it, but because Katy IS indeed so skilled to cope with anything she'll be over it in no time - if she has won two awards then that's what she's going to take home with her.

please stop thinking bad about everyone and everything.

TF1 and NRJ are very unprofessional in the way that inside the venue, you could SEE that some things (not only Katy related things) were just poorly organized, and seemed very last minute.
The fact that they sat Katy in the middle of the audience without explaining her 1st what was going to happen (i think ? She looked puzzled when they were placing her), and everything had to be done within minutes because it must not show on tv in audience frames, so they just put her there like a bag of rice IS unprofessional. We were 2 rows in front of her. And we saw her face at that time. That's a face i wish i never see again.

As for what i say is not professional, i'm talking about the whole history of this so-called awards ceremony that struggles to get international performers to come (because it's all in French, they don't get it, and it's not really that big of an event, more of a national impact), and when these artists come, these sorts of things happen... It's not a one time thing.

So yeah, happy that she won 2 awards, sincerly.
But when accidents happen several times, it means that something is not done right.

" That's a face i wish i never see again."

LOL.  :lol: I have never seen pictures of her while she was in the audience. Can anyone provide me pictures?

Loved her performance of Unconditionally.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 08:29:48 AM »
I loved both performances,   :dreamboat:       I also didn't mean to say it didn't matter or I didn't care; it matters a lot to me when Katy gets treated in a ridiculous way, even if it's just from incompetence, only I think it wasn't such a big deal for her, she's already busy preparing in a different country by now.
What is bad is, e.g.on Justjared there is an article which merely mentions the dress she wore, not even the awards at all, and there were 10 readers' comments there all of which went on about how bad she was, how incompetent an artist and performer she is, and, and,  and, so at least I answered each one of them trying to tell people what happened, and other things about the way they commented. Its perhaps the only thing which bothers me, that after a mess like last night it eventually comes all back to the performer because people don't understand what happens and only believe it proves what they think of as their ability to judge and is really only their ignorance. Glad Katy is back in London, I think they can wire a mic there, LOL
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:31:41 AM by TheMouse »

Offline I CanAffordYou

• Très chic !
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »
poor katy.... i'm sad for her

HKT : LONDON (02/26/2009) * LYON (06/17/2009) 
LGJ : PARIS (06/11/2010)
You've Got A Friend : HOLLYWOOD (12/04/2012)
LGJ : PARIS (02/10/2013)

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
I do!  :frolickingghost: Is there the video where Katy receives the awards?

There it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydrCs6wrHA
Sorry for the glitch at the beginning, TV signal failed a little bit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:40:44 PM by iPotable »

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
I loved both performances,   :dreamboat:       I also didn't mean to say it didn't matter or I didn't care; it matters a lot to me when Katy gets treated in a ridiculous way, even if it's just from incompetence, only I think it wasn't such a big deal for her, she's already busy preparing in a different country by now.
What is bad is, e.g.on Justjared there is an article which merely mentions the dress she wore, not even the awards at all, and there were 10 readers' comments there all of which went on about how bad she was, how incompetent an artist and performer she is, and, and,  and, so at least I answered each one of them trying to tell people what happened, and other things about the way they commented. Its perhaps the only thing which bothers me, that after a mess like last night it eventually comes all back to the performer because people don't understand what happens and only believe it proves what they think of as their ability to judge and is really only their ignorance. Glad Katy is back in London, I think they can wire a mic there, LOL

my last words on this : the second part of this post is exactly what bothers me and a lot of people : who cares about the incompetence of the tv channel or whoever, but the consequences are directly falling on the artist, and THAT'S where the problem is. So that's why we're pissed at them. And sure, it's not a huge deal, and she's moved on. But once again, it DID bother her enough for her to pull the dead stare at the host or look in the void when she was sitting in the audience, in a way that made us feel REALLY uncomfortable... And i don't think anyone on tv saw her face... I certainly didn't take any photo of her at that moment, i didn't even know where to put myself (and she hadn't seen me yet), and i don't think the people around me took pictures...
So she's a big girl, she can handle that, but she knew what the consequences are when a performance is ruined, whatever the problem really is. She didn't come to get her second award, because "she was getting ready for her performance of Unconditionally", he said... The performance came up way more than 30 minutes after the 2nd award... I leave it to everyone's interpretation, but ours was clear.

On the "music news" websites today here : Big fail moment for Katy Perry at the NRJ Music Awards (or anything similar to that). Some people even say TF1 did it on purpose to get more coverage, more buzz (but seriously, appart if shooting their own foot is a good thing, i don't think that benefits them).

What really happened apparently, for those interested : Katy came with her sound engineer, who was supposed to do his job. TF1 sound engineer did what he wasn't supposed to do (anything), since Katy's guy was supposed to do it all, and launched a version of a full playback (words + music). Katy's mic was apparently off for the TV viewers (when WE could hear her in the venue, so we really didn't get anything of what was happening when the host came to stop her), she didn't have any sound in her ear-thingy, which resulted in a mess on TV : Katy and the song played being totally off-synch. So she started over, with the RIGHT backing track (music and some back-up singers vocals, as usual) this time, singing live, like she always does. BUT people thought she was supposed to sing in full playback since that's what they first saw on tv, which she never does... But that, they don't know, so they talk and talk and talk about how she was surprised that she had to sing live the 2nd time and wasn't prepared, and how bad she was, etc.

Quote from: iPotable link=topic=15499.msg715618#msg715618 date=1387126619)

There it is: [url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydrCs6wrHA[/url]
Sorry for the glitch at the beginning, TV signal failed a little bit.

Thank you for this video. Apparently, she's a better actress when she doesn't have lines to learn... :hehe: :hehe: I'm glad that's the image that went on tv for everyone to see. Gurlfriend is very good at her job :whipitgood:

Unconditionally was BEAUTIFUL, as are every performances of this song she's done so far ; i love the visuals she puts up for this song. And she looked very pleased after her performance, so yeah, big win !
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:16:20 PM by Olivia »

Offline MissMurder

• Leaves Them All in Awe
Frankfurt, GER 03/05/09...Cologne, GER 06/20/09 ...Birmingham, UK 08/25/09...Cologne, GER 06/10/10...Berlin, GER 09/05/10...Munich, GER 02/26/11...Berlin, GER 03/04/11...Frankfurt, GER 03/06/11...Brussels, BE 03/10/11...Cologne, GER 03/11/11...Hamburg, GER 03/14/11...Amsterdam, NL 03/15/11...London, UK 07/03/12...Berlin, GER 09/25/13...Cologne, GER 11/15/13

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »
acceptance speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydrCs6wrHA#t=103
OMG, how tall is that blonde girl? First I thought they were on steps, lol, I've never seen Katy looking this small next to a woman!

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »
by the way, i think the ranting is not totally cool.

i would like to thank Team Katy and Katy for this amazing evening we got. Seriously, it was so much fun !! At some point, One Direction was sitting RIGHT BEHIND US... Like, my ears are still crying from the screaming of these girls !!! We touched them, laughed with them, kissed them... No, just kidding, just my friend took photos with them, i didn't, cause i'm not that into them... But the whole thing was mad. Katy was sitting 2 rows behind and after she loosen up a bit when 1D arrived and sat in front of her, she finally stopped staring the host to death and saw us, so we still got to say hi, and see her smile.

Unconditionally was visually amazing. She looked very happy at the end of it, i'm not sure why : was it the relief that she did good, or the relief that she was now able to GTFO of this ceremony ? I don't know...

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »
acceptance speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydrCs6wrHA#t=103
OMG, how tall is that blonde girl? First I thought they were on steps, lol, I've never seen Katy looking this small next to a woman!

That's Adriana Karembeu... Top Model, "face" of Wonderbra for a long time, some years ago (not so long ago). her legs are the longest legs of the world (Guiness Book) : 1m20, I think she's 1,80 something m tall or something like that.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
by the way, i think the ranting is not totally cool.

i would like to thank Team Katy and Katy for this amazing evening we got. Seriously, it was so much fun !! At some point, One Direction was sitting RIGHT BEHIND US... Like, my ears are still crying from the screaming of these girls !!! We touched them, laughed with them, kissed them... No, just kidding, just my friend took photos with them, i didn't, cause i'm not that into them... But the whole thing was mad. Katy was sitting 2 rows behind and after she loosen up a bit when 1D arrived and sat in front of her, she finally stopped staring the host to death and saw us, so we still got to say hi, and see her smile.

Unconditionally was visually amazing. She looked very happy at the end of it, i'm not sure why : was it the relief that she did good, or the relief that she was now able to GTFO of this ceremony ? I don't know...

Thank You for explaining what was really going on, I don't know in which way you know Katy but it is good to know she had friends like you around her!  :)

Offline Chica

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm not giving up
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »

Haha exactly my thoughts! And "Unconditionally" was wonderful and she looked so beautiful.
 I'm so sorry for her about that mess and the crap that is going on now and fells back on her although she did everything so professional.

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 05:30:28 PM »
What really happened apparently, for those interested : Katy came with her sound engineer, who was supposed to do his job. TF1 sound engineer did what he wasn't supposed to do (anything), since Katy's guy was supposed to do it all, and launched a version of a full playback (words + music). Katy's mic was apparently off for the TV viewers (when WE could hear her in the venue, so we really didn't get anything of what was happening when the host came to stop her), she didn't have any sound in her ear-thingy, which resulted in a mess on TV : Katy and the song played being totally off-synch. So she started over, with the RIGHT backing track (music and some back-up singers vocals, as usual) this time, singing live, like she always does. BUT people thought she was supposed to sing in full playback since that's what they first saw on tv, which she never does... But that, they don't know, so they talk and talk and talk about how she was surprised that she had to sing live the 2nd time and wasn't prepared, and how bad she was, etc.[/color]
That's exactly what I understood happened from watching it, since Katy was even singing different words to what were being played, it was REALLY clear she wasn't meant to be lipsyncing and that we were just hearing the wrong thing. Those bitchy blogs & forums are just looking for something to bash her for. I think she killed it once they got over the mishap, especially considering how pissed off she must have been.
And Unconditionally... WOW. It must have been great to see that happening live!  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com