Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 04:32:19 AM

Author Topic: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
NRJ Music Awards 2009 : they mess up the awards and give her Rihanna's award...

NRJ Music Awards 2014 : they mess up her peformance and she has to start over... And judging by her face when she was sitting in the audience afterwards, girl was PISSED (totally justified).

I pretty much don't think their lack of professionalism will get her back to this so-called awards ceremony...

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
NRJ Music Awards 2009 : they mess up the awards and give her Rihanna's award...

NRJ Music Awards 2014 : they mess up her peformance and she has to start over... And judging by her face when she was sitting in the audience afterwards, girl was PISSED (totally justified).

I pretty much don't think their lack of professionalism will get her back to this so-called awards ceremony...

They are absolutely not professional. The sound was shifted by thirty seconds before she come on stage AND her mic was offline.  :grr:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:38:23 PM by iPotable »

Offline ItsSexy

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • hello this is KATY! i'M THE HACKER!
Re: NRJ Music Awards @ Palais des Festivals - Cannes, FR - Dec 14th 2013
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSivXldqAQQ&feature=youtu.be Her face is so  :'( :'( i'm so angry with that  :grr: :grr: :grr:

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Roar : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18f02a_katy-perry-performing-roar-in-the-nrj-music-awards-2014_music

I'm currently uploading Unconditionally. She is an angel.

Is this what it looked like? Oh my bleeding rotten heart, that is so fantastic!
And Katy has won two awards? WOW That's even better!!
In this thread, I find it a bit harsh to call people unprofessional only because accidents happen. Professional means merely that you do something to make a living of, not that you're perfect. And the country in which it happens hasn't got anything to do with it either. I understand that such situations are stressful for all the performers onstage, but they're not the end of everything. I saw the 'final' performance of ROAR in one go and could hear that the sound was still wrong and hanging on a thin thread, and she might have been fed up about it, but because Katy IS indeed so skilled to cope with anything she'll be over it in no time - if she has won two awards then that's what she's going to take home with her.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
Roar : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18f02a_katy-perry-performing-roar-in-the-nrj-music-awards-2014_music

In this thread, I find it a bit harsh to call people unprofessional only because accidents happen. Professional means merely that you do something to make a living of, not that you're perfect. And the country in which it happens hasn't got anything to do with it either. I understand that such situations are stressful for all the performers onstage, but they're not the end of everything. I saw the 'final' performance of ROAR in one go and could hear that the sound was still wrong and hanging on a thin thread, and she might have been fed up about it, but because Katy IS indeed so skilled to cope with anything she'll be over it in no time - if she has won two awards then that's what she's going to take home with her.

You'll be able to watch it soon, I try to upload it on another video hosting site (not youtube, they censor any copyrighted songs).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:45:17 PM by iPotable »

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »
Anyone have a video of what actually happened? I still don't quite know what went wrong! I've only seen photos of her unamused face... :P

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »
Anyone have a video of what actually happened? I still don't quite know what went wrong! I've only seen photos of her unamused face... :P

Watch this and you'll understand the story: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18ezey_probleme-de-playback-pour-katy-perry-aux-nrj-music-awards-2013_music?start=19#from=embediframe

Offline iPotable

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
When the site will have done its job, the video will be there: https://vimeo.com/81909130

EDIT: Video now available! Unconditionally starts at 4:05 if you want to see it directly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:29:55 PM by iPotable »

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:39:24 PM by HOURGLAS4 »

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
When the site will have done its job, the video will be there: https://vimeo.com/81909130

EDIT: Video now available! Unconditionally starts at 4:05 if you want to see it directly.

She's beautiful :dreamboat:
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline CottonCupcakes

• Dressed up like Elvis!
Katy: Sweetie, are you okay?
Me: Yeah, it's just that, you're like, freaking wonder woman!
Katy: Oh no sweetie, I can't even twirl!

Offline DillNewt24

• Lost Control
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 01:39:18 AM »
I feel bad for her because of their audio issues, she had to sing Roar again but you know she acted very professional about the whole situation and to me that's all you can do in situations like this because accidents can happen.

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »
Does anybody feel happy because a Katy has just won 2 awards?

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 05:09:05 AM »

please stop thinking bad about everyone and everything.

TF1 and NRJ are very unprofessional in the way that inside the venue, you could SEE that some things (not only Katy related things) were just poorly organized, and seemed very last minute.
The fact that they sat Katy in the middle of the audience without explaining her 1st what was going to happen (i think ? She looked puzzled when they were placing her), and everything had to be done within minutes because it must not show on tv in audience frames, so they just put her there like a bag of rice IS unprofessional. We were 2 rows in front of her. And we saw her face at that time. That's a face i wish i never see again.

As for what i say is not professional, i'm talking about the whole history of this so-called awards ceremony that struggles to get international performers to come (because it's all in French, they don't get it, and it's not really that big of an event, more of a national impact), and when these artists come, these sorts of things happen... It's not a one time thing.

So yeah, happy that she won 2 awards, sincerly.
But when accidents happen several times, it means that something is not done right.

Offline Kots

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • Katycat
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 05:11:16 AM »
I do!  :frolickingghost: Is there the video where Katy receives the awards?