Author Topic: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014  (Read 9623 times)

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
Re: Dark Horse performance Grammy's 2014
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:51 AM »
Alternatively, she just put on a performance that created a mood that perfectly matched the tone of the song. I was watching with my mom (who has no interest in Katy) and she said, "wow, her concert is going to be spectacular if it's anything like that." Nuff said

Yeah I agree her performance was pretty entertaining :)

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
Re: Dark Horse performance Grammy's 2014
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2014, 02:46:55 AM »
Alternatively, she just put on a performance that created a mood that perfectly matched the tone of the song. I was watching with my mom (who has no interest in Katy) and she said, "wow, her concert is going to be spectacular if it's anything like that." Nuff said

Yeah I agree her performance was pretty entertaining :)

I agree. There were so many different elements!

Offline cindytorrey2014

• Wants a Taste Test
  • Katycat
Re: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
She sure knows how to put on a show!!! I can't wait to see her perform!!! I was lucky enough to buy great tickets to both her Boston concerts (my credit card, not so lucky, lol) I'll be on the floor (F, row 5) the first night and in the RS the second night!!!
Did I mention that I can't wait!  :firework:
“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” — Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
To claim the Grammy's are just a piece of metal makes about as much sense as saying a degree is nothing more than a piece of paper.

All of that and you get out of it was the..nevermind :grr:

In a way you aren't exactly wrong. A degree is nothing more than a piece of paper. However your analogy is a bit flawed. There isn't a set way of getting a Grammy. You just have to try your best and hope that people's opinions favor your. With a degree you have to complete the required course.

And none-the-less, the degree doesn't define who you are. There are plenty of success people without a degree (grammy) and plenty of unsuccessful people with a degree (grammy). Just because you go to school and get a major in economics doesn't mean you will have a successful career. And just because you don't have a degree in economics doesn't mean you can't have a successful career.

Most jobs won't hire you without the right degree.

Do you...like..do...school...learn...think...what...

Like, do you think before you post or are you too busy filtering out the entire point of posts and letting your bullshit through?

So, going with what you just said. You are saying that because Katy does not have a Grammy(degree) that she will never be a successful artist and has no credibility and will never be hired to perform?

Rethink what you just said. Okay, now reread what I said. I said that just because you don't have a degree, that doesn't mean you can be successful. Case in point, Katy herself. She has no college degree, yet she makes more money than you could ever hope to see.

Another example is Bill Gates. Bill Gates, never graduated from Harvard, and thus has no degree. Yet look at him.

Much like Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Gabe Newell.

Not a single one of them has a degree yet are beyond successful.

Conclusion, you do not need a degree(Grammy) to be successful.

Now that this thread has been unlocked, I feel the need to explain what I was trying to say.

At least in the US, in order to have a reasonable chance at making decent money, you need one of the following:

1. Artistic talent (such as Katy)
2. An entrepreneurial personality (such as the people you mentioned above: Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Gabe Newell)
3. Athletic ability
4. Rich parents
5. A college degree

Since 1-4 are all things that you are either born with or without, for most of us, Option #5, a college degree, is the only real option.  Even if I was the absolute best engineer in the world, if I had no college degree, nobody would have hired me!

Yes, Katy obviously made it big without a degree, but she has amazing artistic (singing and songwriting, in her case) ability that allowed that.  It's not going to work for the average person.

So again I stress to you, it's just a fucking piece of metal.

Not saying a degree isn't important and isn't something you shouldn't strive towards, but it is not required.

Same thing for music and Katy. Katy doesn't need a grammy to be successful. It would be nice and an honor, but she does not need it.

She's the only living person to have 5 #1 singles from one album.

I'm well aware of that.  But when I tell that to people, they just say it's meaningless, that she doesn't deserve those 5 #1s, and that there is no way she is in the same league as Michael Jackson.

Katy has 8 number one singles, dark horse soon to be number 9.
Lady Gaga only has 3.
Adele only has 1.
Michael Jackson has 12 in his 40 years.
Madonna has 12 in her 30 years.

Every last one of those artists but Katy has a Grammy. And you are going to tell me that she isn't successful without a grammy?

I feel she is successful, but others do not.  And everyone acts as if Adele has the best female voice in history, as if it were an objective fact.  Music is, by definition, subjective.

Pls. For your own good, don't rush to respond to this post. Actually fucking think before you post because to be honest with every post you make, I start to question your thought process.

You need to have your mouth washed out with soap.

Omfg your posts... Everything above this was before you posted again so time to add to it.

Your whole, the critics hate prism point.

Check it:
83/100: http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/5763162/katy-perrys-prism-track-by-track-review
61/100 Avg (mixed to positive reviews) http://www.metacritic.com/music/prism/katy-perry
3/5 stars: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/prism-20131016
B+ rating: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20746141,00.html

Just to drop a few.

61/100 and 3/5 are both failing grades, or at least they would have been when and where I went to high school.

Do you fact check yourself or just blurt out random bullshit in hopes that you are right?

Also you assume that Katy having a child would mean she can no longer sing and be a relevant artist. FFS, do you love Katy for Katy, or only because she's popular at the moment?

Obviously she can still sing after having a child, if she chooses to do so.  But she has already said that she wants to take a break from her career to start a family after Prism.  Given how the Grammy committee and the media hate Katy, and how the media turns everything she does into a controversy, I don't blame her for wanting to finally enjoy her money outside of the public eye.  Maybe 30 years from now a new Grammy committee (when the people on the current committee retire or die) will give her a lifetime achievement award.

Also...really?...really....IMDB boards? You realize the only reason you are one of the few to defend her on there is because of the lack of credibility their boards have? It's just a bunch of random people blurting out their thoughts. That doesn't mean that is how everyone in the world thinks.

Odds are there are more people in the world who like katy than there are that don't.

For some reason, it seems people either love or hate Katy.  There seems to be no in between with her.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
Did...did....did he really just ignore my posts... :grr:
lol he did the same with me
In my opinion, Katy's iTunes playlist is bull.  It was just a bunch of no-talent teenage girl-oriented artists that work with Dr. Luke.  She was just trying to promote them.  I do not seriously beleive that is what Katy listens to.  After Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus, I gave up.

Presumptuous and wrong. And neither of those artists were featured on there.

Since I am obviously thinking of something other than her iTunes playlist (even though what I found was on iTunes, and obviously a playlist), what was it that I was listening to?  And where can I access her actual iTunes playlist?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »
Stop trying to argue with everyone on this board.  Can't we all just agree to disagree and be done with it?

I'm so confused as to why there is "fighting." This is a Katy Perry forum, and everyone on here is a Katy Perry fan. Katy should bring us together not pull us apart!

To put my 2 cents and complete opinion in, Roar came out late in the year compared to Lorde and others. This means "Royals"(the song that Roar lost to both times) had more time for publicity. And as you all were saying, DH and Unconditionally missed the deadline.. 2015 will be our year, let others enjoy 2014 because Katy/Prism will dominate next time! :kittypurry:

I like to think that, but unfortunately she'll be competing against Beyoncé, Adele, and Miley Cyrus.  Beyoncé is very talented and I do like her, but 17 Grammy's is a little excessive.  And Adele seems to automatically win any Grammy she's nominated for.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
Here we go again!  :ummno: :ummno:
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
 :eyes: the thread wasn't unlocked for everyone to start arguing again. This is all over with now, let it go.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
She sure knows how to put on a show!!! I can't wait to see her perform!!! I was lucky enough to buy great tickets to both her Boston concerts (my credit card, not so lucky, lol) I'll be on the floor (F, row 5) the first night and in the RS the second night!!!
Did I mention that I can't wait!  :firework:
I feel like celebrating with all the people who've got RS tickets  :goyou: If I got the right picture then we're a very small part of all the people who will be at all the shows, no matter if in UK, USA, or elsewhere! I think myself lucky, and privileged for no reason, to be in there  :flowerpower:

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: