Author Topic: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014  (Read 10550 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
Re: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »
Did...did....did he really just ignore my posts... :grr:
lol he did the same with me
In my opinion, Katy's iTunes playlist is bull.  It was just a bunch of no-talent teenage girl-oriented artists that work with Dr. Luke.  She was just trying to promote them.  I do not seriously beleive that is what Katy listens to.  After Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus, I gave up.

Presumptuous and wrong. And neither of those artists were featured on there.

Maybe I'm thinking of something other than the iTunes playlist?  It was a program I accessed on my iPad where you could choose a celebrity DJ, and I chose Katy.  I did it shortly after Prism was released (if I remember right, it was Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013).  The first song was Dark Horse.  Next it played Wrecking Ball.  I decided to give it a chance.  Next, it played some Ke$ha song I had never heard of, so I gave up.  Was this not the iTunes playlist?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
Do you realise how much you disparage Katy? And after you claim that you are the only one who likes her and her music...

If you check the message board on the IMDB, I'm basically the only person who ever defends Katy.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
Jeezus guys, can we chill? Katy's been in the spotlight since when, end of '08? So that's just about 5 years of being "famous". She's released 3 albums, one of which is not even close to being halfway done promoted, and she's about to kick off her second worldwide arena tour. She's had 10 number one singles (11 next week), and god knows how many more. She's matched feats only the King of Pop has. And she's been around for FIVE YEARS.

Did you guys know that Led Zeppelin won their first ever Grammy (other than Grammy Hall of Fame) yesterday? They released their first album in 1969. They are widely regarded as the creators of modern rock and metal music. Yet, it took them 45 years to win a Grammy. Well I'll be damned if Katy's in her 60s when she wins her first, but I'm just trying to put things in perspective for you. As far as pop culture goes, she's somewhat of a new artist. Look how long Beyonce or Pink has been around compared to Katy.

She didn't win a Grammy for one song on a relatively brand new album. Literally, one song was nominated out of a possible one. Dark Horse hasn't hit its prime yet, not to mention the at least 4 more singles she's going to release over the course of the year. Prism should be up for album of the year next year.

The point is, we complain she hasn't won a Grammy yet, when in all fairness, she hasn't hit her prime. The future's bright, and unless she decides she's quitting after Prism, there will be plenty of Grammy's in her future. And we'll all look back and laugh at how concerne and upset we were when she got snubbed a few times.

/rant

She's already said that she plans to take a break to start a family after Prism.  After that, she'll be past her marketability peak.

I know that Prism will probably be nominated for album of the year next year.  But since critics hate it (they probably never even listened to it, to be honest), they'll give the award to Miley Cyrus for Bangerz, or to Beyonce for her self-titled album, or to whatever Adele releases this year.

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #318 on: January 27, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
Do you realise how much you disparage Katy? And after you claim that you are the only one who likes her and her music...

If you check the message board on the IMDB, I'm basically the only person who ever defends Katy.
You assume all sorts of things about Katy that are all wrong. Like the fact that she would not present herself to the Grammys, or that she has bad tastes in music and she likes everything, she cannot recognize talent. The way you talk about Katy is just so wrong and it gives her a very bad image.

And we all defend Katy. We just don't insult the other artists and we can recognize that Katy is not the queen of the world or any kind of goddess or superhuman.

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #319 on: January 27, 2014, 11:00:02 PM »
Why is everyone arguing here? All of us here love Katy and that's all the matters.   :grouphug:
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:06 PM »
To claim the Grammy's are just a piece of metal makes about as much sense as saying a degree is nothing more than a piece of paper.

All of that and you get out of it was the..nevermind :grr:

In a way you aren't exactly wrong. A degree is nothing more than a piece of paper. However your analogy is a bit flawed. There isn't a set way of getting a Grammy. You just have to try your best and hope that people's opinions favor your. With a degree you have to complete the required course.

And none-the-less, the degree doesn't define who you are. There are plenty of success people without a degree (grammy) and plenty of unsuccessful people with a degree (grammy). Just because you go to school and get a major in economics doesn't mean you will have a successful career. And just because you don't have a degree in economics doesn't mean you can't have a successful career.

Most jobs won't hire you without the right degree.

Do you...like..do...school...learn...think...what...

Like, do you think before you post or are you too busy filtering out the entire point of posts and letting your bullshit through?

So, going with what you just said. You are saying that because Katy does not have a Grammy(degree) that she will never be a successful artist and has no credibility and will never be hired to perform?

Rethink what you just said. Okay, now reread what I said. I said that just because you don't have a degree, that doesn't mean you can be successful. Case in point, Katy herself. She has no college degree, yet she makes more money than you could ever hope to see.

Another example is Bill Gates. Bill Gates, never graduated from Harvard, and thus has no degree. Yet look at him.

Much like Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Gabe Newell.

Not a single one of them has a degree yet are beyond successful.

Conclusion, you do not need a degree(Grammy) to be successful.

So again I stress to you, it's just a fucking piece of metal.

Not saying a degree isn't important and isn't something you shouldn't strive towards, but it is not required.

Same thing for music and Katy. Katy doesn't need a grammy to be successful. It would be nice and an honor, but she does not need it.

She's the only living person to have 5 #1 singles from one album.

Katy has 8 number one singles, dark horse soon to be number 9.
Lady Gaga only has 3.
Adele only has 1.
Michael Jackson has 12 in his 40 years.
Madonna has 12 in her 30 years.

Every last one of those artists but Katy has a Grammy. And you are going to tell me that she isn't successful without a grammy?

Pls. For your own good, don't rush to respond to this post. Actually fucking think before you post because to be honest with every post you make, I start to question your thought process.

Omfg your posts... Everything above this was before you posted again so time to add to it.

Your whole, the critics hate prism point.

Check it:
83/100: http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/5763162/katy-perrys-prism-track-by-track-review
61/100 Avg (mixed to positive reviews) http://www.metacritic.com/music/prism/katy-perry
3/5 stars: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/prism-20131016
B+ rating: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20746141,00.html

Just to drop a few.

Do you fact check yourself or just blurt out random bullshit in hopes that you are right?

Also you assume that Katy having a child would mean she can no longer sing and be a relevant artist. FFS, do you love Katy for Katy, or only because she's popular at the moment?

Also...really?...really....IMDB boards? You realize the only reason you are one of the few to defend her on there is because of the lack of credibility their boards have? It's just a bunch of random people blurting out their thoughts. That doesn't mean that is how everyone in the world thinks.

Odds are there are more people in the world who like katy than there are that don't.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2014, 11:19:57 PM »
I thought Katy's performance was amazing!  I loved the costumes, set design, and especially her dance when the beat dropped!  Can we please have a .gif of that?!

I was sad neither she nor Taylor won an award (both had absolutely fabulous albums in my opinion) but, then again, I'm usually disagreeing with most Academy decisions at award shows! haha.  Only The People's Choice seem to get it right!   :hehe:

Taylor Swift is already a Grammy winner (many times), so whether or not she wins anymore means nothing.

I'm sure Taylor and anyone close to her would majorly disagree with that statement.  You don't just win a Grammy (or several) and think, "Ok!  I've accomplished what I need to in the world."  Everyone wants to be recognized year after year for their hard work.

Stop trying to argue with everyone on this board.  Can't we all just agree to disagree and be done with it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:23:18 PM by SantaBarbaraKitty »

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2014, 11:31:34 PM »
Did...did....did he really just ignore my posts... :grr:
It's an honor. You'll get an award for it.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katykrackel

• Reading Hemingway
  • Take a chance...
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
Stop trying to argue with everyone on this board.  Can't we all just agree to disagree and be done with it?

I'm so confused as to why there is "fighting." This is a Katy Perry forum, and everyone on here is a Katy Perry fan. Katy should bring us together not pull us apart!

To put my 2 cents and complete opinion in, Roar came out late in the year compared to Lorde and others. This means "Royals"(the song that Roar lost to both times) had more time for publicity. And as you all were saying, DH and Unconditionally missed the deadline.. 2015 will be our year, let others enjoy 2014 because Katy/Prism will dominate next time! :kittypurry:
You think you've seen her in a magazine, it's like she walked right out of your dreams...

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »

What's not clear to me is why you seem to think you constantly have to defend Katy right here, on the actual Katy Perry Forum. As if you had to convince people HERE that Prism is a good album, Katy is a gifted artist, or whatever.
And yes, I agree You actually disparage her and are the most negative person about her on the forum, and that, and that you can't freaking see that, is so weird. First you think you have to defend her against who knows what, and then you come out with stuff like, her iTunes playlist is bull. (And no, Kesha or Miley are not on that one, but even if they were, perfectly fine!).
Katy, I may pretty safely assume, does seem to listen to the things she recommends, and it isn't all about Dr Luke. You need to look more deeply into those things, through interviews, articles etc. the album by Disclosure is one on her list I looked up on YouTube and then downloaded from iTunes, and only later I saw Katy's quote that she uses the album for her workouts at the gym. Banks' EP is one I got from a tweet of hers, and those things all have nothing to do with her own songwriting and producing group.
A country music singer/writer like Kacey Musgrove winning an award in one of their appropriate categories has nothing to do with Katy being nominated, winning, or simply ignored in any of her categories, and as far as her 'overshadowing Katy' is concerned, grief almighty, how paranoid can you get?! It's just like any of those kids on twitter who are afraid that anything positive in anybody's career means the end of Katy's, a totally distorted vision.
Why would Katy no longer be 'marketable' if she takes some time to have a family? What will happen to her determining that? She'll be in her early thirties, some women started their music career at that age not took a break from one.
And why MUST the whole world even like Katy, why is it your mission to convince everyone from people in your family to everyone on the planet of her if they're just not interested?
I say it again, YOU are the person on this forum who is negative about Katy, 'defending' her when you not even need to by the wrong means which she herself would disagree with, and belittling her by claiming that she makes the wrong decisions, picks the wrong choices and has no ability to judge for herself how to go about things.
And I have to agree, a Grammy award in itself is not an achievement or goal, nobody becomes a performance or recording artist in order to win one, and to actually win one is a nice ornament, but what then? It gives you no recognition, no fame, not more talent, not more success. Only ignorant people place so much importance on that. You need to get out of this thinking rut. Recently your personal drama was just about one track, Unconditionally, and now it's a damn Grammy which didn't happen. Just do what you claim to be doing - recognising and respecting her for what she is, what she does, and what she actually has achieved through her hard work!

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline M-L

• Real Fan
  • I'm a weirdo.
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:20 AM »
Okkkkk... Let's shut this controversy hole, time for everyone to think about what everyone else said... Because... All that could be said was said. For now.
"My motto from then on was to live life to the fullest, because at the end you're dead."  :spinspin:

Offline cindytorrey2014

• Wants a Taste Test
  • Katycat
Dark Horse performance Grammy's 2014
« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
I thought Katy's performance rocked!!!  :firework:

I have to say though, I am REALLY sick of all the haters saying she was summoning satan. Ridiculous!!!  :grr:
“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” — Kurt Vonnegut

Offline hbiemiller

• U think you're a Genius!
  • So you wanna play with magic?
Re: Dark Horse performance Grammy's 2014
« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
People always say bad things about Katy, no matter how amazing we think she is. Its very annoying because she is just doing her best to please her fans! I thought the performance was amazing I got the chills while watching it! People said bad things about her last performance too when she was dress in a Kimono they said she was racist, but i thought she looked beautiful!

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #328 on: February 06, 2014, 12:05:53 AM »
People don't know the difference between referring to a witch, and referring to satan. Katy was obviously a witch during the performance, and I've often given people this hint, when they commented in the way you mention here: google

'Rede of the Wiccan'

Whoever has read that (and it is genuinely used by Wiccans, witches, whatever, nowadays) will understand that the path of somebody who is a witch is exactly the opposite of the path of somebody who follows a satanic ritual, or even cult.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #329 on: February 06, 2014, 12:31:27 AM »
Alternatively, she just put on a performance that created a mood that perfectly matched the tone of the song. I was watching with my mom (who has no interest in Katy) and she said, "wow, her concert is going to be spectacular if it's anything like that." Nuff said

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp