Author Topic: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014  (Read 9107 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
Re: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
For those who seem to think Katy will win a Grammy in 2015: honestly, what do you think she will win it for?  I feel she deserves a Grammy for the Prism album.  But nobody else seems to like the album, and she will have competition from others who are more popular (Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé, Adele, etc).  Unconditionally?  I seem to be the only person (aside from radio DJs) who likes that song, plus it will be mostly forgotten about by then.  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.  Though I assume that would still qualify Katy as a Grammy winning artist, which is what counts in the public opinion.  Or will it have an asterisk next to it?

It seems the rumors are that This is How We Do will be the next single.  No offense, but that song isn't Grammy material.  Others have suggested By the Grace of God.  I agree that it deserves a Grammy, but if Katy doesn't release it as a single, which nobody except me wants her to do, will it even be eligible?  What else from Prism is Grammy material?  Maybe Legendary Lovers?
In the case of a collaboration everyone involved gets the award. Same with songwriting teams, ect.

If you honestly think Prism is a shit album (which it's not) then that's your prerogative.

Did you even read my post?  I said that Prism is an excellent album, and it deserves a Grammy.  But, unfortunately, most people, including many on this board, don't seem to like it, for whatever reason.

Most of the good songs probably won't be released as singles

Which is why most people don't realize how good Katy is.
Missread your post. Sorry.

Do you mind editing your previous post, so it doesn't look like I'm speaking badly about Prism, when I've said nothing but positive things about that album the entire time I've been on this board?  Thank you.

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Do you mind editing your previous post, so it doesn't look like I'm speaking badly about Prism, when I've said nothing but positive things about that album the entire time I've been on this board?  Thank you.
Done!
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2014, 04:16:25 PM »
  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.

just this one part : everyone involved in the process of creating a song receives a Grammy i think, though only one person (the exposed person so the singer most likely) gets on stage to accept it.

Katy will be on tour then, so I doubt she'll even show up to the Grammys next year.  So probably Juicy J will accept it, or maybe Dr. Luke.

For exemple : the Record of the Year Grammy is for the producer + songwriter + singer etc. and they all get a little something something, though not all the mediatic exposure. So my point is if Katy were to win a Grammy for a collaboration, there would not be just 1 Grammy i guess.

As for the rest of your post saying you're the only one in everything, there are 24.601 members on this very forum (taken in account that not everyone who love Katy and her music is NOT necessarly on this forum) and more than 1 million albums sold, so i guess you're not alone. You're just the only one who thinks he's alone and who seems to be creating the loneliness with his speech...[/color]

But everyone else here seems to just defend Adele, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Lorde, and Kacey Musgraves.  And I'm the only person here who seems to like Unconditonally, and the Prism album.
Who here doesn't like Unconditionally or Prism? There's plenty of love for both on this forum. To suggest otherwise is a bit absurd.
People are defending other artists because they deserve respect as people even if they aren't to their taste. :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »
And I'm the only person here who seems to like Unconditonally, and the Prism album.

my curiousity could me misplaced, but could you please quote posts, using the quote function (without the name of the author to avoid any more controversy) that go in that way ? Cause really, it looks like you're very much certain about this, yet you're the only one noticing it.

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »
  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.

just this one part : everyone involved in the process of creating a song receives a Grammy i think, though only one person (the exposed person so the singer most likely) gets on stage to accept it.

Katy will be on tour then, so I doubt she'll even show up to the Grammys next year.  So probably Juicy J will accept it, or maybe Dr. Luke.

For exemple : the Record of the Year Grammy is for the producer + songwriter + singer etc. and they all get a little something something, though not all the mediatic exposure. So my point is if Katy were to win a Grammy for a collaboration, there would not be just 1 Grammy i guess.

As for the rest of your post saying you're the only one in everything, there are 24.601 members on this very forum (taken in account that not everyone who love Katy and her music is NOT necessarly on this forum) and more than 1 million albums sold, so i guess you're not alone. You're just the only one who thinks he's alone and who seems to be creating the loneliness with his speech...[/color]

But everyone else here seems to just defend Adele, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Lorde, and Kacey Musgraves.  And I'm the only person here who seems to like Unconditonally, and the Prism album.
Who here doesn't like Unconditionally or Prism? There's plenty of love for both on this forum. To suggest otherwise is a bit absurd.
People are defending other artists because they deserve respect as people even if they aren't to their taste. :)
I started a poll to prove a point. Everyone here loves Prism. At least you would think so. And yes, we try to show respect to other artists whether we like them or not. Especially on a thread like this. Just getting nominated is hard enough. Competition is very tough. We should be proud of Katy no matter what.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »
This has probably already been answered before but was PRISM eligible for Album of the Year this year or did it miss the deadline?

It missed the deadline, but should be eligible for 2015.  But since I seem to be the only person on the planet who thinks it's a good album, I doubt it will win.  I'm sure they'll give it to someone like Miley Cyrus, Adele, or Beyoncé (I do find Beyoncé talented, by the way, so this is in no way a knock against her).

wow, so because we aknowledge that some other singer YOU don't like might maybe also have talent, AS WELL AS Katy, you're suddenly the only one in the world who likes her album ?

And i always find it funny when someone posts something starting with "i don't want to start a fight" then stands on its position NO MATTER WHAT, creating the opposite of a constructive discussion, aka said to be avoided fight. You didn't ask a question with your post, you just wanted to say that the Grammys suck and that Katy has been robbed.

The post you referred to asked several questions.  Guess you didn't read it.  Reading comprehension does not appear to be a strong suit of the posters on this forum.

Well, get over it, they can't give an award to everyone, there has to be 1 winner for each category, categories that don't overlap despite what you could think,

If you win multiple awards for one song or album, then the categories overlap.

and even a nomination to the Grammy is already SOMETHING

That means nothing.  Just like the fact that Romney, McCain, Kerry, Gore, etc ran for president and lost means nothing.

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
Whatever.  :ummno:
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »

Broski, let me come down to your level here, since you either are not reading my posts or just aren't understand what it is I am trying to tell you.

IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD

You are far from being the only person that likes PRISM or Unconditionally.

Case in point, I tweeted back on the 24th, @KPFPodcast, that I was sad that Unconditionally didn't do better.

Dark Horse and every song from PRISM except Roar will be eligible for a Grammy next year. They were released after the cut off date. As for her being on tour, think she said, or someone said, she would be in Australia or w/e to end the year. Last North American date is October 11th. Figure she kicks back up November and ends before Christmas if even that long of a leg. Grammy's aren't till late January or early February. And even then she would take the time to go to the Grammy's.

I don't really think that it is a matter of everyone on here "defending" the other people, but more or less defending their rights as a basic human being because you are attacking them for no reason.

And to be straight up fucking honest here because this whole thing is annoying me now, I'm kinda surprised an admin/mod hasn't stepped in and told you to chill your damn pants.

You are LITERALLY the only person looking for a fight here. Everytime someone says something you have to retaliate in a rash manner. I mean, you completely fucking looked over my posts, so here they are AGAIN.

Broski chill yourself. We are all katycats here and considering the albums massive sales a lot like the album.

But once again I point out that how successful an artist is DOES NOT matter when it come to who gets the Grammy. If that was the case katy would win them all starting a few years back.

"The post you referred to asked several questions.  Guess you didn't read it.  Reading comprehension does not appear to be a strong suit of the posters on this forum."
Funny YOU should fucking say that.

Read my post and maybe that'll help you.

At the end of the day it's just a trophy. No need to get so upset over it.

The only bullshit given to Adele IMO was last year when she got song of the year for the live version of the song that own song of the year the year before.

Critics and awards only mean as much as you let them mean. Take it from me being a KISS fan. KISS got snubbed from the rock and roll hall of fame for over a decade while people like abba or hank Williams sr made it in.

KISS has also never won a Grammy. Yet they are one if the most successful and influential bands if all time.

You can't let her losing every year upset you this much. It's not like her losing will make you love her any less.

Again we are all katycats here. No one here is going to hate you for thinking otherwise on a topic but there is no reason to react so rash and snappy when ppl disagree with you.

It is at this point as if you are just looking for problems.

I know, I understand, you are upset that Katy didn't win again. But, guess what. It is a damn award. Shit, even david tweeted that it is the people that decide how great someone is, not awards.

The Grammy's are just a piece of metal handed out after being decided on by a few people.

Do I agree that she shouldn't have any grammy's at all? No, scratch that, hell no.

But guess what, It's just a fucking piece of metal. I still defend her and love her and care about her just as much if she had one.

I don't understand why you can't just accept that.

Do I think Lorde deserved it more than Katy? Probably not. Considering how far Katy has had to come. What with the failed record deals and the divorce and the near suicide. But that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve it. The whole "Katy's been around 8 years, Lorde's been around 5 minutes" is t-total bullshit. Lorde can actually sing. She has the talent, she put it to use. I personally think Roar is a superior song, but obviously not everyone agree's.

As for the Adele deal, Adele can also sing. Not saying she is the greatest voice of all time, but to deny that she can't sing is ignorant. Do I agree that not a single song from Teenage Dream shouldn't have a Grammy. No. Do I agree that Firework shouldn't have a Grammy. No. But guess what? They didn't win, and guess what? I don't really give a shit. When Katy lost last night for the first category guess what the first thing I did was? I literally tweeted "And cue the hate".

Second time she lost, first thing I did? Tweeted "Mother fucker. Heard Roy and thought they were saying roar." Followed by a comment on Lorde saying "I probably wouldn't be here without so and so" and ended with "Now back to Madden."

Was I a little upset that she lost, yeah. I didn't think she'd win, but I was kinda hoping she would.

You need to learn that you can't judge or rate a person on materialistic things such as Grammy's.

/rant

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »

what he said
:cheers:

Sheeeet, I'm just getting started. Yall can just chill. I can do all night with this crap.

Also, the hell you going after  Kacey Musgraves for? She wasn't even in the same categories as Katy. That'd be like me bitching about the Yankees winning a game but the Cowboys losing a game. Not even the same type of sport. Both sports, but different types.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline cathou02

• Took Too Many Shots
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »

what he said
haha there is nothing to do anymore, he must be against the whole world haha so just ignore him would be best. So yeah, whatever. xD

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
David speaks the truth.

HUDSON ‏@sirdavidD 2h
PEOPLE decide who is truly talented, not award shows.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
Mitsguy2001, what a stupid and arrogant thing to say. Just because you haven't heard of an artist it doesn't mean they're not talented. I guarantee you haven't heard of most of the artists who won awards last night, does that mean none of them are talented or worthy of their awards? Kacey was nominated for those Grammys months before she was announced to be Katy's opening act and no, she doesn't get booed or have eggs thrown at her when performing live, and Katy is not the sole reason for her existence as an artist either. What is your problem with her anyway? She didn't stop Katy from winning anything.

My problem is that she's now going to overshadow Katy.  She is going to be announced as "grammy winning Kacey Musgrave", while nobody will ever mention the fact that Katy is the only currently living person to have the Billboard Spotlight Award of the AMA Special Award.  Whenever I mention to that people, if they are familiar with those awards, they say she didn't deserve them (whether or not she deserved them is irrelevant, she had 5 #1 singles from Teenage Dream whether they like it or not), and if they are not familiar with those awards, they claim that they are a consolation prize.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
I thought Katy's performance was amazing!  I loved the costumes, set design, and especially her dance when the beat dropped!  Can we please have a .gif of that?!

I was sad neither she nor Taylor won an award (both had absolutely fabulous albums in my opinion) but, then again, I'm usually disagreeing with most Academy decisions at award shows! haha.  Only The People's Choice seem to get it right!   :hehe:

Taylor Swift is already a Grammy winner (many times), so whether or not she wins anymore means nothing.