Author Topic: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014  (Read 13014 times)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
Re: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:31 PM »
But since I seem to be the only person on the planet who thinks it's a good album
Dude you're on a Katy Perry forum. Come on. :lol:

This has probably already been answered before but was PRISM eligible for Album of the Year this year or did it miss the deadline?

Missed the deadline. Roar and Who You Love were the only Katy tracks eligible this year, Walking on Air and Dark Horse might've been eligible but I'm not 100% sure.

Deadline was the 30th of September.
Ahh I see, thanks.
Had it been a few weeks earlier and not missed the deadline, I'm presuming the chances of it being nominated would have been slim anyway because there would have only been one single released etc. It will be interesting to see how it does next year!  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
mits... you still don't get it. And I ain't saying another word.

-------------

As for them Grammy's last night, I was disappointed... but it's all about perspective. Katy is still Katy with or without a Grammy. It's okay... we're running a marathon, not a race, HEHEHE!

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
we're running a marathon, not a race, HEHEHE!
AHH LOVE.  :xx:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2014, 02:31:38 PM »
Until then, have a seat.

Command this is Sgt. Kisstroyer reporting in. Shots have been fired and I do have reason to believe the battle is won. Awaiting further details.
:lol:

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
Mitsguy2001, what a stupid and arrogant thing to say. Just because you haven't heard of an artist it doesn't mean they're not talented. I guarantee you haven't heard of most of the artists who won awards last night, does that mean none of them are talented or worthy of their awards? Kacey was nominated for those Grammys months before she was announced to be Katy's opening act and no, she doesn't get booed or have eggs thrown at her when performing live, and Katy is not the sole reason for her existence as an artist either. What is your problem with her anyway? She didn't stop Katy from winning anything.

When did I say that Katy deserves zero Grammys? I definitely would have preferred if Katy won her nominations, but does that mean there's something wrong with me also liking Lorde and thinking that she is also a worthy winner? And what makes you think that I'm a fan of Adele? I never said I was, I didn't defend the academy's decision to award her and I definitely never said that she deserved the awards over Katy. The academy gave those awards to Adele because they thought she deserved them. Get over it.

If that frustrates you so much, then just don't argue about Katy with people. If other people don't like Katy, let them stay mad and have their opinion and don't try to shove yours down other people's throats just because you think you are right. They are pretty stupid people to be arguing with anyway if they think the Grammy awards dictate what is good music and what is bad, who is talented and who is not.

I don't 'love Adele so much' or think that she is the best female singer in history or anything of the sort. Just because I wasn't saying rude and offensive things to her that doesn't mean I am a fan of her, it just means I know how to treat people with respect. You presume to know so much about people and the points you make without actually knowing anything and you very often get things wrong because of it. Learn the shit you talk about before you say it and stop being so prejudiced.
That Kacey Musgraves would be serving drinks in a bar if it wasn't for Katy and gets pelted with eggs = presumptuous and wrong
That I think Katy doesn't deserve any Grammys = presumptuous and wrong
That I am a huge Adele fan = presumptuous and wrong
That other Grammy award winners that you clearly know nothing about are untalented and undeserving = presumptuous and wrong

Learn to stop being so arrogant and pre-judging people and just assuming things without even knowing if they're correct or not, that's a bad trait to have and something that no one likes. Until then, have a seat.
Okay I officially like you, you made me laugh :lol:

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
Mitsguy2001, again, it's *Musgraves. It really doesn't look great on you when you presume to know so much about these artists and how bad they are, yet you can't even spell their names.

My point is that she is so obscure and I had no idea who she was until a few days ago when I heard she was opening for a few of Katy's concerts.  I didn't care how to spell her name, since she's someone who would be booed and have eggs thrown at her, not someone who would win a Grammy when the main act still doesn't.  If it weren't for Katy, Kacey Musgraves would probably be serving drinks in a bar.

Many people like both Kacey Musgraves and Lorde (I can't think of any reason to think why either of them aren't talented and shouldn't have won awards),

First of all, I said that I have nothing against Lorde, and I do like her song Royals.

Secondly, if you say that they both deserved 2 Grammys, then explain to me why you feel that Katy deserves 0 Grammys.

just because you don't see why they're good, it doesn't mean they aren't, your opinion is not the be all and end all of everything (and neither are the Grammys, so I don't see why you're so worked up over this). And the reason why contemporaries of Katy's like Beyoncé, Rihanna, Taylor Swift and others win Grammys more easily is because their music can often be put into more categories than just pop (in these instances, R&B, sometimes Hip-Hop, and country), whereas the only categories Katy can fit into are the pop ones, where the competition is the most fierce because 'pop music' means something far less specific, there are many different sub-genres of pop, so such a vast range of songs can be nominated for those awards.

Then maybe Katy needs to start writing music that can double dip into multiple categories.

No, because Pop Vocal and Song of the Year are two very different categories and they're probably not voted on by the same panel of people and they can't just say 'oh, Royals has enough now, let's just give one to Katy cause she doesn't have any yet', if Lorde is seen as the person who deserves to win in that category, she'll get the award. And she was deserving of both of those awards, she did some very nice, creative things with the vocals in Royals and whilst Roar was huge, Royals and Same Love were too and those songs really got people talking about the issues addressed in them (whereas people more just thought Roar was a good song), and that's why they were bigger contenders for SOTY.

Then explain to my why Rolling in the Deep deserved 7 Grammys split between 2 years, when neither Firework nor Wide Awake deserved any?

You can believe that about Adele all you want, but there are other people who believe the opposite. I'm not justifying it at all, I didn't say it was the right decision, everyone has their own opinion and I agree, the academy seems to move a lot towards anything Adele puts out but that's just the way it is. It's not the end of the world, no one is dying, it's not a huge deal. In my opinion, if people really believed in Katy's talent, they wouldn't feel the need to have validation from the Grammy academy in order to feel good about her.

But it's frustrating how everybody I know hates Katy, and they think she sucks because she hasn't won a Grammy.

Whatever.

Enjoy your Adele concert.
Being rude to people when they're only trying to answer your questions for you. Nice.

Since you seem to love Adele so much, and you seem to think she is objectively the best female singer in history, why don't you go to her concerts?  If you do go, I hope you enjoy it.
[/quote]
[what I done with the quote?]  I've known about Kacey Musgraves a long time ago because she's on Katy's iTunes playlist which I worked my way through and from which I often bought not only the one track mentioned by Katy but the whole album, so I bought that one, too. Kacey has not become a recognised artist because Katy signed her up for the tour; Katy takes her with her on tour because she's become a recognised artist. A lot of people you think you have to bash for whatever reason are those I particularly know THROUGH Katy and her positive, constructive attitude towards them - while I don't know even half of the stuff she knows and therefore am grateful that through her I can learn more about contemporary music. It's one of the special things Katy has to offer, apart from what she does herself, of course. Honestly, I don't know anymore how to say it differently - you write so much derogative stuff without any sense at all about people you even admit you don't know anything about, and thinking you have an argument FOR Katy Perry by doing that you actually go AGAINST anything she herself believes in concerning other singers, musicians etc. Like other people said before, you just need to chill a bit and see things from various perspectives also.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:51:44 PM by TheMouse »

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »
Omg her derk herse performance was EPIC!!! Katy had that broom on fiyaah! :lol:
Disappointed that Katy didn't win an award though :( But her performance was amazing & she looked really happy!! :xx:
YAY, I was almost scared but I told myself, it's only Katy! Hahaha :rofl:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »
Okay I officially like you, you made me laugh :lol:
Ha, aw thanks!

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »
Until then, have a seat.

Command this is Sgt. Kisstroyer reporting in. Shots have been fired and I do have reason to believe the battle is won. Awaiting further details.

:lol:
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
For those who seem to think Katy will win a Grammy in 2015: honestly, what do you think she will win it for?  I feel she deserves a Grammy for the Prism album.  But nobody else seems to like the album, and she will have competition from others who are more popular (Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé, Adele, etc).  Unconditionally?  I seem to be the only person (aside from radio DJs) who likes that song, plus it will be mostly forgotten about by then.  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.  Though I assume that would still qualify Katy as a Grammy winning artist, which is what counts in the public opinion.  Or will it have an asterisk next to it?

It seems the rumors are that This is How We Do will be the next single.  No offense, but that song isn't Grammy material.  Others have suggested By the Grace of God.  I agree that it deserves a Grammy, but if Katy doesn't release it as a single, which nobody except me wants her to do, will it even be eligible?  What else from Prism is Grammy material?  Maybe Legendary Lovers?

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »
For those who seem to think Katy will win a Grammy in 2015: honestly, what do you think she will win it for?  I feel she deserves a Grammy for the Prism album.  But nobody else seems to like the album, and she will have competition from others who are more popular (Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé, Adele, etc).  Unconditionally?  I seem to be the only person (aside from radio DJs) who likes that song, plus it will be mostly forgotten about by then.  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.  Though I assume that would still qualify Katy as a Grammy winning artist, which is what counts in the public opinion.  Or will it have an asterisk next to it?

It seems the rumors are that This is How We Do will be the next single.  No offense, but that song isn't Grammy material.  Others have suggested By the Grace of God.  I agree that it deserves a Grammy, but if Katy doesn't release it as a single, which nobody except me wants her to do, will it even be eligible?  What else from Prism is Grammy material?  Maybe Legendary Lovers?
In the case of a collaboration everyone involved gets the award. Same with songwriting teams, ect.

Most of the good songs probably won't be released as singles but that wouldn't stop Prism itself from being nominated. 

How We Do is used in Katy's Cover Girl commercials so it could be a single by summer. Enough people like the song for it to do well but like you said it's not Grammy material.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:01:10 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • www.yoppappop.com
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »
  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.

just this one part : everyone involved in the process of creating a song receives a Grammy i think, though only one person (the exposed person so the singer most likely) gets on stage to accept it. For exemple : the Record of the Year Grammy is for the producer + songwriter + singer etc. and they all get a little something something, though not all the mediatic exposure. So my point is if Katy were to win a Grammy for a collaboration, there would not be just 1 Grammy i guess.

As for the rest of your post saying you're the only one in everything, there are 24.601 members on this very forum (taken in account that not everyone who love Katy and her music is NOT necessarly on this forum) and more than 1 million albums sold, so i guess you're not alone. You're just the only one who thinks he's alone and who seems to be creating the loneliness with his speech...

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »

In the case of a collaboration everyone involved gets the award. Same with songwriting teams, ect.

If you honestly think Prism is a shit album (which it's not) then that's your prerogative.

Did you even read my post?  I said that Prism is an excellent album, and it deserves a Grammy.  But, unfortunately, most people, including many on this board, don't seem to like it, for whatever reason.

Most of the good songs probably won't be released as singles

Which is why most people don't realize how good Katy is.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »

If you honestly think Prism is a shit album (which it's not) then that's your prerogative.

Did you even read my post?  I said that Prism is an excellent album, and it deserves a Grammy.  But, unfortunately, most people, including many on this board, don't seem to like it, for whatever reason.

Most of the good songs probably won't be released as singles

Which is why most people don't realize how good Katy is.
Missread your post. Sorry.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
  Dark Horse?  Is that even eligible for next year?  If so, it will probably be nominated for best collaboration.  If it wins, there will be only 1 Grammy, but who gets it?  By right, it should be Katy, since the song is 90% Katy, but knowing her, she'll give it to Juicy J.

just this one part : everyone involved in the process of creating a song receives a Grammy i think, though only one person (the exposed person so the singer most likely) gets on stage to accept it.

Katy will be on tour then, so I doubt she'll even show up to the Grammys next year.  So probably Juicy J will accept it, or maybe Dr. Luke.

For exemple : the Record of the Year Grammy is for the producer + songwriter + singer etc. and they all get a little something something, though not all the mediatic exposure. So my point is if Katy were to win a Grammy for a collaboration, there would not be just 1 Grammy i guess.

As for the rest of your post saying you're the only one in everything, there are 24.601 members on this very forum (taken in account that not everyone who love Katy and her music is NOT necessarly on this forum) and more than 1 million albums sold, so i guess you're not alone. You're just the only one who thinks he's alone and who seems to be creating the loneliness with his speech...[/color]

But everyone else here seems to just defend Adele, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Lorde, and Kacey Musgraves.  And I'm the only person here who seems to like Unconditonally, and the Prism album.