Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 04:20:18 PM

Author Topic: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014  (Read 7603 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: 2014 Grammy Awards @ Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - January 26th 2014
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
It is not necessary to be upset to the Grammy's votes. Lot of great artists which deserve to win a Grammy never won one. For me, Katy deserves all awards on the earth. She has my most precious award. She was gorgeous as always, and her performance was great. Keep running Katy!
I like what you say, very much.
And while Katy Perry fans were spraying venom and death wishes about Lorde over twitter last night I bet Katy was at the same time having a smashing good time with friends and family.
Exactly. Katy likes Lorde as an artist and has tweeted her a few times. I'm sure she wouldn't be happy knowing what some people were saying about her last night.

Katy just seems to like all music.  She probably even likes atonal music.
Nothing wrong with an open mind.  ;)

But it gets a little old hearing her say that anyone who has ever sang a note is the most amazing artist ever.

Offline cathou02

• Took Too Many Shots
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »
It is not necessary to be upset to the Grammy's votes. Lot of great artists which deserve to win a Grammy never won one. For me, Katy deserves all awards on the earth. She has my most precious award. She was gorgeous as always, and her performance was great. Keep running Katy!
And while Katy Perry fans were spraying venom and death wishes about Lorde over twitter last night I bet Katy was at the same time having a smashing good time with friends and family.
Exactly. Katy likes Lorde as an artist and has tweeted her a few times. I'm sure she wouldn't be happy knowing what some people were saying about her last night.

But it gets a little old hearing her say that anyone who has ever sang a note is the most amazing artist ever.
What the hell...she's never said that. She is just down to earth so she can admire the work of someone else without thinking that she is the only one who makes good music.

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
This has probably already been answered before but was PRISM eligible for Album of the Year this year or did it miss the deadline?

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Online Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
This has probably already been answered before but was PRISM eligible for Album of the Year this year or did it miss the deadline?

Missed the deadline. Roar and Who You Love were the only Katy tracks eligible this year, Walking on Air and Dark Horse might've been eligible but I'm not 100% sure.

Deadline was the 30th of September.
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
For what it's worth Madonna was snubbed by the Grammy Awards for many years and didn't win her first real Grammy until after she released Ray of Light. (The Grammy she won for her movie Truth or Dare doesn't count). Ray of Light was her first real (and perhaps her only) truly innovative record.

As much as we love Katy and her music the Grammy folks just feel she and her musical team aren't innovative enough. I'm sure some on the Grammy panel thought she ripped off Sara Bareillis. Her talent isn't the issue here, Katy does have real talent otherwise we wouldn't be listening to and love her music. Lorde and Mackelmore won because they did songs that made fun of (more like dissed) the culture of much popular music. Especially the Rap and Hip Hop genres. Lorde is right, it does seem like every song is about the bling bling and wealthy lifestyle. And most music lovers aren't about that and certainly can't relate to that sort of stuff. In other words, they did music no one else was doing.

Personally though, I do feel Prism is an innovative album but due to when it was released we'll have to wait until next year and  see what happens. Dark Horse is much different than any thing else she's ever done and that by itself is worthy of a Grammy in my opinion. And if the Grammy folks are looking for real music (which is what they see in Adele) look no further than By The Grace of God. Prism is full of gems that the Grammy folks shouldn't ignore.   
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »

What the hell...she's never said that. She is just down to earth so she can admire the work of someone else without thinking that she is the only one who makes good music.
Katy supports a lot of the new artists, especially ones who are doing something different.  Nothing wrong with that.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »

It missed the deadline, but should be eligible for 2015.  But since I seem to be the only person on the planet who thinks it's a good album, I doubt it will win.  I'm sure they'll give it to someone like Miley Cyrus, Adele, or Beyoncé (I do find Beyoncé talented, by the way, so this is in no way a knock against her).

Online Carmenxox

• Ignites the Light
  • One man's trash is another man's treasure
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »
And if the Grammy folks are looking for real music (which is what they see in Adele) look no further than By The Grace of God. Prism is full of gems that the Grammy folks shouldn't ignore.   

Completely agree. If any of Katy's songs are worth a Grammy, it's definitely By The Grace Of God.
Sig made by me :)
Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »

It missed the deadline, but should be eligible for 2015.  But since I seem to be the only person on the planet who thinks it's a good album, I doubt it will win.  I'm sure they'll give it to someone like Miley Cyrus, Adele, or Beyoncé (I do find Beyoncé talented, by the way, so this is in no way a knock against her).

wow, so because we aknowledge that some other singer YOU don't like might maybe also have talent, AS WELL AS Katy, you're suddenly the only one in the world who likes her album ?

And i always find it funny when someone posts something starting with "i don't want to start a fight" then stands on its position NO MATTER WHAT, creating the opposite of a constructive discussion, aka said to be avoided fight. You didn't ask a question with your post, you just wanted to say that the Grammys suck and that Katy has been robbed. Well, get over it, they can't give an award to everyone, there has to be 1 winner for each category, categories that don't overlap despite what you could think, and even a nomination to the Grammy is already SOMETHING (ask Miley Cyrus :hehe: see what i did here ;) ). 5 songs get picked up for 1 category when hundreds of them are released each year ! And then, winning a Grammy certainly is something big, but it's not a goal in itself, it's a nice and glamorous thing along the way.

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Purrrfection
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

Broski chill yourself. We are all katycats here and considering the albums massive sales a lot like the album.

But once again I point out that how successful an artist is DOES NOT matter when it come to who gets the Grammy. If that was the case katy would win them all starting a few years back.

Read my post and maybe that'll help you.

:katycat3:
At the end of the day it's just a trophy. No need to get so upset over it.

The only bullshit given to Adele IMO was last year when she got song of the year for the live version of the song that own song of the year the year before.

Critics and awards only mean as much as you let them mean. Take it from me being a KISS fan. KISS got snubbed from the rock and roll hall of fame for over a decade while people like abba or hank Williams sr made it in.

KISS has also never won a Grammy. Yet they are one if the most successful and influential bands if all time.

You can't let her losing every year upset you this much. It's not like her losing will make you love her any less.

Again we are all katycats here. No one here is going to hate you for thinking otherwise on a topic but there is no reason to react so rash and snappy when ppl disagree with you.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Wannabe Stalker
  • ♥▽14 Days ♥▽
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
Omg her derk herse performance was EPIC!!! Katy had that broom on fiyaah! :lol:
Disappointed that Katy didn't win an award though :( But her performance was amazing & she looked really happy!! :xx:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13 ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utuA68GthU4
Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »

Broski chill yourself. We are all katycats here and considering the albums massive sales a lot like the album.

But once again I point out that how successful an artist is DOES NOT matter when it come to who gets the Grammy. If that was the case katy would win them all starting a few years back.

Read my post and maybe that'll help you.

:katycat3:
At the end of the day it's just a trophy. No need to get so upset over it.

The only bullshit given to Adele IMO was last year when she got song of the year for the live version of the song that own song of the year the year before.

Critics and awards only mean as much as you let them mean. Take it from me being a KISS fan. KISS got snubbed from the rock and roll hall of fame for over a decade while people like abba or hank Williams sr made it in.

KISS has also never won a Grammy. Yet they are one if the most successful and influential bands if all time.

You can't let her losing every year upset you this much. It's not like her losing will make you love her any less.

Again we are all katycats here. No one here is going to hate you for thinking otherwise on a topic but there is no reason to react so rash and snappy when ppl disagree with you.
You just reminded me, I gotta visit the Hall when I go to Cleveland for Katy's concert. :) And I'm glad KISS is finally in there.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »
Mitsguy2001, what a stupid and arrogant thing to say. Just because you haven't heard of an artist it doesn't mean they're not talented. I guarantee you haven't heard of most of the artists who won awards last night, does that mean none of them are talented or worthy of their awards? Kacey was nominated for those Grammys months before she was announced to be Katy's opening act and no, she doesn't get booed or have eggs thrown at her when performing live, and Katy is not the sole reason for her existence as an artist either. What is your problem with her anyway? She didn't stop Katy from winning anything.

When did I say that Katy deserves zero Grammys? I definitely would have preferred if Katy won her nominations, but does that mean there's something wrong with me also liking Lorde and thinking that she is also a worthy winner? And what makes you think that I'm a fan of Adele? I never said I was, I didn't defend the academy's decision to award her and I definitely never said that she deserved the awards over Katy. The academy gave those awards to Adele because they thought she deserved them. Get over it.

If that frustrates you so much, then just don't argue about Katy with people. If other people don't like Katy, let them stay mad and have their opinion and don't try to shove yours down other people's throats just because you think you are right. They are pretty stupid people to be arguing with anyway if they think the Grammy awards dictate what is good music and what is bad, who is talented and who is not.

I don't 'love Adele so much' or think that she is the best female singer in history or anything of the sort. Just because I wasn't saying rude and offensive things to her that doesn't mean I am a fan of her, it just means I know how to treat people with respect. You presume to know so much about people and the points you make without actually knowing anything and you very often get things wrong because of it. Learn the shit you talk about before you say it and stop being so prejudiced.
That Kacey Musgraves would be serving drinks in a bar if it wasn't for Katy and gets pelted with eggs = presumptuous and wrong
That I think Katy doesn't deserve any Grammys = presumptuous and wrong
That I am a huge Adele fan = presumptuous and wrong
That other Grammy award winners that you clearly know nothing about are untalented and undeserving = presumptuous and wrong

Learn to stop being so arrogant and pre-judging people and just assuming things without even knowing if they're correct or not, that's a bad trait to have and something that no one likes. Until then, have a seat.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:31:15 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Purrrfection
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
Until then, have a seat.

Command this is Sgt. Kisstroyer reporting in. Shots have been fired and I do have reason to believe the battle is won. Awaiting further details.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
I thought Katy's performance was amazing!  I loved the costumes, set design, and especially her dance when the beat dropped!  Can we please have a .gif of that?!

I was sad neither she nor Taylor won an award (both had absolutely fabulous albums in my opinion) but, then again, I'm usually disagreeing with most Academy decisions at award shows! haha.  Only The People's Choice seem to get it right!   :hehe: