Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 11:05:01 AM

Author Topic: Q about CD Katy Hudson  (Read 1073 times)

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
Re: Q about CD Katy Hudson
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »
I listened to a few Katy Hudson songs on YouTube.  So far, in everything I've listened to, the music seemed too loud for her voice, and I could barely hear her singing.  Is that how the actual album is, or is that just due to it being copied to YouTube?  I see many reviews saying how beautiful her voice is on that album, which we all know is true, but it's just so hard to hear.  Are there any songs in particular that you recommend from that album?  They seem to be many different copies of it on YouTube; which ones are the best?  Thanks.

A few ppl have said the album was "over produced," including Katy. But I just listened to a song on YT... seems like her voice just coems from ONE speaker... which makes it simple. Use headphones... there, I'm doing it now and I cant hear her voice at all in one, but the other.. WOW... ;) "When There's Nothing Left' is amazing... (slower but showcases her voice). Ilove Search me and Piercing...

You can also hear the power of her voice in live videos. Not sure if you've stumbled across any of these, but some may interest you...

http://katyhudson.ca/video.shtml

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
Re: Q about CD Katy Hudson
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
That's kind of what I like about Katy Hudson, the really big sounds and instrumentation in songs like Trust In Me

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)