Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

Author Topic: Q about CD Katy Hudson  (Read 1084 times)

Offline KatysKitty1

• Wants a Taste Test
  • I love Katy Perry she mains the world to me!♥
Re: Q about CD Katy Hudson
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
I NEED a Katy Hudson cd in my life omg!
Would be purrfect cause I want it for so long now!  :strawberry:

03-15-11 CDT Amsterdam ♥
06-09-12 STB London ♥
06-10-12 Met Katy at STB ♥
11-10-13 Met Katy at EMA's ♥

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
^ I dont think she wants to release it... it's not who she is now. Not that she is ashamed or what have you, but that was her past, as a young teenager. It's a rare gem... which is why it's getting pricier. :) No hate, plz, but I know there are downloads out there... just saying. :) Katy's not gaining or losing anything no matter how you get the songs... SO! But yes, I love the album. It's great!

To be honest, I would be afraid to download it illegally, since I'd be afraid that I'd get caught and they'd want to make an example of me.  I wish that she would at least release some of the songs from that album as bonus tracks on later albums.

What about her Matrix album?  Is that any good?  Is that easily accessible?

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
^ I dont think she wants to release it... it's not who she is now. Not that she is ashamed or what have you, but that was her past, as a young teenager. It's a rare gem... which is why it's getting pricier. :) No hate, plz, but I know there are downloads out there... just saying. :) Katy's not gaining or losing anything no matter how you get the songs... SO! But yes, I love the album. It's great!

To be honest, I would be afraid to download it illegally, since I'd be afraid that I'd get caught and they'd want to make an example of me.  I wish that she would at least release some of the songs from that album as bonus tracks on later albums.

No one will come after you. :) Really.

I don't think we will ever have the Katy Hudson CD see the light of day... it's just not who Katy is anymore. It is what it is and that's that. A beautiful piece of her past.

Matrix CD is amazing -- I love it TONS! But the price is even nuttier than Katy Hudson, HA! Sometimes there will be $40 ones, but often it's $500+... and that was earlier this year/last year. Things are changing...

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »

I don't think we will ever have the Katy Hudson CD see the light of day... it's just not who Katy is anymore. It is what it is and that's that. A beautiful piece of her past.

Matrix CD is amazing -- I love it TONS! But the price is even nuttier than Katy Hudson, HA! Sometimes there will be $40 ones, but often it's $500+... and that was earlier this year/last year. Things are changing...

That's a shame that she seems to want to hide those two parts of her past.  I don't want to download it illegally.  I realize I likely won't get caught, but if you do get caught, that is one of the crimes where the punishment doesn't fit the crime, if they decide to make an example of someone.

One thing I am curious about: on Katy Hudson and on The Matrix, does her voice sound the same as it does now, or was it different back then?  I know that, unfortunately, Katy is a heavy smoker, and that smoking is very bad for your voice.  Was her voice any different, or has her smoking not yet affected her voice?  I hope she quits, since it would be a shame to ruin a beautiful voice like hers.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »

That's a shame that she seems to want to hide those two parts of her past.  I don't want to download it illegally.  I realize I likely won't get caught, but if you do get caught, that is one of the crimes where the punishment doesn't fit the crime, if they decide to make an example of someone.

One thing I am curious about: on Katy Hudson and on The Matrix, does her voice sound the same as it does now, or was it different back then?  I know that, unfortunately, Katy is a heavy smoker, and that smoking is very bad for your voice.  Was her voice any different, or has her smoking not yet affected her voice?  I hope she quits, since it would be a shame to ruin a beautiful voice like hers.
I promise you, no one will come after you haha :) Especially not for downloading the Katy Hudson album.

And she doesn't want to hide that part of her life, she talks about it openly and signs Katy Hudson CDs for fans and everything. There's just no point in putting those songs on a new album, but they're still accessible.

She's not a heavy smoker at all, she just has one or two occasionally. IMO she used to sing with a deeper voice and now it's a little higher, the effects of smoking would probably be the opposite.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:27:15 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »

I promise you, no one will come after you haha :) Especially not for downloading the Katy Hudson album.

The problem is, I'm the type of person who gets caught for every little thing that I do.

And she doesn't want to hide that part of her life, she talks about it openly and signs Katy Hudson CDs for fans and everything.

True, I know she talks openly about her life.

There's just no point in putting those songs on a new album,

But why not re-release that album?  She'd make a lot of fans very happy, and she'd make more money for herself.  Seems like a win-win situation for everyone.

but they're still accessible.

But they are not accessible legally for any reasonable price.

She's not a heavy smoker at all, she just has one or two occasionally.

I had read that in 2008, she was an occasional smoker, but by 2010, she was a seriously addicted smoker who wanted to quit, and that people were worried it would cut short her career.  Has she cut back since 2010?  I was surprised that in her movie, she was never shown smoking.

IMO she used to sing with a deeper voice and now it's a little higher, the effects of smoking would probably be the opposite.

I doubt that has anything to do with smoking.

Online steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 07:26:33 PM »
Katy Hudson was available as a MP3 download on both itunes and Amazon about a year ago but sadly that is no longer the case.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »
Okay, whoah. lol :)

Please don't believe everything you read in the news/tabloids/ect. I know what WE say is... well, "reading"... but we're fans and we know Katy enough to speak on what we know of her and what she's said and done. Katy, really, was not a heavy smoker in 2010. :) Like sum1 said, it has always been one here and there. And hey, this year I think we've only seen her smoke those fake ones... I danno what they are called, I'm not a smoker, but I'm sure sum1 else can shed light on that one. :) And correct... not shown smoking in her movie... she's not that type of person some people apparently want her to be seen as. Katy's actually smarter than what many give her credit for... :)

I am nearly 100% sure Katy has absolutely NO legal ties to Katy Hudson. I know it's HER voice and album, but you know how easy it is for legal things to get messy. She would have to go thru a lot of work to get the rights and blah blah blah. The record label that released it doesnt even exist anymore, hasn't for over 10 years, lol.  Altho it's a unique part of her past, is it worth it to HER and HER CAREER NOW? No... it's really not. :)

Tell ya what! Is it illegal to create a CD-R with the songs from Katy Hudson (directly from my legit copy on my computer) and send it to you thru postal mail? As far as I know, so long as it's used for personal use and I don't make you pay... it's completely legal? I'd be willing to do that! :) Or send you the files?

The MP3 download on Amazon/iTunes I think wasnt being done with proper authorization... I started questioning a few things and finally contacted Amazon with my concern. Soon after it was gone from both Amazon and iTunes...

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
Okay, whoah. lol :)

Please don't believe everything you read in the news/tabloids/ect. I know what WE say is... well, "reading"... but we're fans and we know Katy enough to speak on what we know of her and what she's said and done. Katy, really, was not a heavy smoker in 2010. :) Like sum1 said, it has always been one here and there.

She said herself in 2010 that she was addicted to smoking, and that she was trying very hard to quit.  I don't think she would have lied about that.  I'm guessing that she has cut back since then.  Russel Brand also said that she smoked heavily while they were married, but that may be of questionable accuracy.

And hey, this year I think we've only seen her smoke those fake ones... I danno what they are called, I'm not a smoker, but I'm sure sum1 else can shed light on that one. :)

Are you referring to e-cigarettes?  I do know that she was still smoking when she was dating John Mayer, but again, I don't know how much.

And correct... not shown smoking in her movie... she's not that type of person some people apparently want her to be seen as.

What do you mean?

Katy's actually smarter than what many give her credit for... :)

I know that she is very smart.  But I am somewhat surprised that the movie didn't show her smoking in response to stress, or to have her struggling with smoking addiction as part of the movie, given how it dealt with other struggles.  Obviusly she does not want to promote smoking, and she would have made it clear that she would give anything to quit.  Maybe the problem would have been that people would have seen it as a stealth cigarette commercial, even though she said smoking is bad.  I've heard that cigarette companies often do that.

I am nearly 100% sure Katy has absolutely NO legal ties to Katy Hudson. I know it's HER voice and album, but you know how easy it is for legal things to get messy. She would have to go thru a lot of work to get the rights and blah blah blah. The record label that released it doesnt even exist anymore, hasn't for over 10 years, lol.  Altho it's a unique part of her past, is it worth it to HER and HER CAREER NOW? No... it's really not. :)

That's a shame.

Tell ya what! Is it illegal to create a CD-R with the songs from Katy Hudson (directly from my legit copy on my computer) and send it to you thru postal mail? As far as I know, so long as it's used for personal use and I don't make you pay... it's completely legal? I'd be willing to do that! :) Or send you the files?

I would not feel comfortable giving out my postal address to a stranger online.  Is there any way that you could send me the files online?  Thanks.

The MP3 download on Amazon/iTunes I think wasnt being done with proper authorization... I started questioning a few things and finally contacted Amazon with my concern. Soon after it was gone from both Amazon and iTunes...

I'm kicking myself for not downloading it when it was available!

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
Just out of curiosity: is the Katy Hudson CD similar to her new song "By the Grace of God"?  That song is absolutely beautiful!!  Does anyone know if she plans to release By the Grace of God as a single, or if she plans to include it in her concerts?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
Haven't heard from anyone here?  Is anyone able to (legally) send me the files?  Thanks.

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »
That makes me feel less bad about simply streaming the full album on the most obvious site for streaming anything. I can then spend more money at the online shop, or at a concert next year, which I then find a better idea. I love the album just as any of those which are officially Katy's three albums!

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 06:05:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity: is the Katy Hudson CD similar to her new song "By the Grace of God"?  That song is absolutely beautiful!!  Does anyone know if she plans to release By the Grace of God as a single, or if she plans to include it in her concerts?

I doubt it's gonna be released as a single. It'll be sung at concerts. She sang it at the iHeart Radio and iTunes festivals.
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
I listened to a few Katy Hudson songs on YouTube.  So far, in everything I've listened to, the music seemed too loud for her voice, and I could barely hear her singing.  Is that how the actual album is, or is that just due to it being copied to YouTube?  I see many reviews saying how beautiful her voice is on that album, which we all know is true, but it's just so hard to hear.  Are there any songs in particular that you recommend from that album?  They seem to be many different copies of it on YouTube; which ones are the best?  Thanks.

Offline TheOnlyWayIsPerry

• Cherry Chapstick
  • On the road less traveled
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 03:25:23 AM »
I've been trying to get an album for a few years now, they just go too high in price so I've given up searching  :'(
Patiently waiting for 27/5/14