Author Topic: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?  (Read 7969 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
Re: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
In regards to By The Grace of God being a single, not gonna happen. Much like Not Like the Movies wasn't a single, and much like how I'm Still Breathing wasn't a single.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutly love By The Grace of God, and think it's an amazing song, but no one is A) Going to play it on a popular music station for 1) It's more depressing elements and 2) It's major slowdown compared to other songs such as Roar or Dark Horse. B) Going to want to listen to it on a regular basis (minus katycats) like Roar, Firework etc.

I listen to By the Grace of God on a regular basis, but then again, I probably count as a Katycat.  I don't find it depressing, and, to be honest, I feel that people who find it depressing are missing the point of the song.  The song is not to make people feel sorry for her for the heartbreak in her life, but rather to show how her relationship with God helped her through her darkest moments and literally saved her life.  I find it to be uplifting and inspirational.  As for it being a major slowdown: true, but people should learn to appreciate a variety of musical styles.

As for which album is the real Katy, they're all the real Katy. Like it was said previously, they each showcase and are made up of Katy at that particular moment.

Katy Hudson was back when she was really into her faith in terms of hardcore christian or w/e as she grew up with pastors for parents.

OOTB was made up of her own personal writings as she tried to make it big.

Teenage Dream was big on love and more cartoony and fun loving as she was finally in the big light.

PRISM is all about love and self-empowerment and shows the matured side of Katy.

Katy is a textbook case of a good musician. Evolving every step of the way. You always want your second album to be better than the first, and the third better than the second etc. etc.

Very well said.

I stand by my extreme want and desire for a box set or something D:

Assuming they legally can, include Katy Hudson, all three Perry albums, demos of songs, alternate versions of songs, previously unreleased songs, music videos, lil goodies etc.

Or maybe a box set dividing her songs into themes (there was a thread back in October where her songs were grouped into categories), that includes more than just the singles, but not necessarily every song from every album.  It would be sort of a middle option for people who want to move beyond the singles and into deeper fare, such as By the Grace of God, but aren't quite ready to buy an entire album of Katy.

Offline Katysleftarm

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
I would love for her to do a acoustic album ^.^
Katy perry was suspended in 6th grade for humping a tree.... no wonder shes my idol <3
PWT Sept 12th & 13th & ❤CDT 7/20/11❤

Offline KatiePackman

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Twitter: @Paaackers
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
Acoustic Katy is my favourite Katy so if she does an acoustic album i'll be over the moon.
:frolickingghost:

Offline LexiK

• Wannabe
  • desperately stuck in the rain
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2014, 10:17:52 AM »
I live for an acoustic album  :dreamboat:
"Wherever you go, so will I"

Offline doublerainbow

• Wannabe
  • i'm a lover, not a hater
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
I'd love to hear an acoustic album, she need to do it, would be so nice people who aren't fan, listening a different part of her! :)

Offline _mariorocha

• Wants a Taste Test
  • If you wanna go, then go.
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »
One day, if she leaves the pop, I want a album similar to the deluxe songs of PRISM

It would be a perfection

Offline kittykatyjess

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Let the Light In.
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2014, 10:38:51 PM »
I think an accoustic album would be good. :D but honestly what ever comes out of that girls mouth is perfection. lol. :P i want an accoustic album just because they have so much emotion.
because legends never die.

Offline kittenperrygosa_

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
I'm betting on an acoustic album
usually the queen of figuring out xx

Offline doublerainbow

• Wannabe
  • i'm a lover, not a hater
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »
I think an accoustic album would be good. :D but honestly what ever comes out of that girls mouth is perfection. lol. :P i want an accoustic album just because they have so much emotion.

Yas, She said in somewhere that she like to do an acoustic album, so I think that after PRISM she'll release something like this or an EP acoustic, idk. Let's see.   ;)

Offline KatysCloud9

• U think you're a Genius!
  • Cause a double rainbow it's hard to find.
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
An acoustic album will be life! Imagine Katy, her voice, and a guitar

♡KatyCat Claudia♡

@KatysCloud9 on twitter
claudiakp14 on instagram

Offline LegendaryPerry

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • KatyCat
« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2014, 10:44:28 PM »
Acoustic album from Katy = Eargasm

:dreamboat: she needs to do it  :frolickingghost:

Offline sunnystarzx

• Not What I Planned
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2014, 06:11:36 PM »
Didn't she mention something recently about an acoustic album?
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline LLCoolKat_93

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2014, 09:48:43 AM »
 :strawberry: YES PLEASE!  :strawberry:

Don't get me wrong, I love Katy's pop songs but acoustically, when everything is stripped out and it's just her and a couple of instruments she sounds so much more soulful. I listen to her unplugged album on a regular basis. It's simply Katy and none of those synthesized pop sounds. Yes, they are fun but I like the all natural sound of her voice that she was recognized for in the first place. Her voice is truly a gift and an acoustic album would be fantastic!

Offline R1anne18

• Wannabe
  • All we have is this moment
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »
An acoustic album would be perfect. She did say at the Nottingham show before performing Unconditionally "I just wanted to say thank u and that I love u and I feel our bond is stronger than ever, from One Of The Boys, to Teenage Dream, to whatever that acoustic records going to be, I love u unconditionally", even if the next album is pop Prism acoustic would be perfect :)
ANYONE CAN BE COOL ON THE INTERNET. What about IRL tho? That's the level. - Katy Perry

Offline GioMeow.

• Lost Control
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »
An acoustic album would be perfect. She did say at the Nottingham show before performing Unconditionally "I just wanted to say thank u and that I love u and I feel our bond is stronger than ever, from One Of The Boys, to Teenage Dream, to whatever that acoustic records going to be, I love u unconditionally", even if the next album is pop Prism acoustic would be perfect :)
It would be AMAZING!

23/02/11 my first Katy's concert ♥